Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases, containing "achilles"). See all 418 reviews
on May 5, 2015
Love them...recovering from Achilles issues and a strained ball of foot muscle. Only thin I wear that makes the pain almost gone....love the original 980s, went up to a 2e...got ingrown tor nail bad after first marathon and shoe store people I was just on the border between d and e...over long runs need the swelling room...working perfectly...might be a new balance guy for a while.
on July 1, 2015
A little about me: 5'11, 175lbs, 25 years old, run 10-15 miles per week, mild pronator, have had plantar fasciitis and achilles tendonitis, and have very wide (4E) feet, specially in the toe box.

First the good: I LOVE the small 4MM heel to toe drop. It's great for those looking to transition into minimalist shoes, and great for anyone that has had problems with their hips due to a forward lean in the pelvic bone (which is why I look for small heel to toe drops). The cushioning is great and definitely sufficient for short runners. The shoe is made for neutral runners, but I haven't felt like they provide too little of support.

The bad: They have a very narrow toe box for a 4E shoe! I would have expected a wide shoe to have more room for the big toe. The narrow big toe area forces my foot over in the shoe, so part of my foot hangs off of the outside of the shoe. Not terribly uncomfortable, and I'm definitely able to walk, run, etc., but the life of the shoe will theoretically be drastically decreased.

I personally just sucked it up (as most people with wide feet have to do), because these were the only 4E shoes with such a low toe to heel drop, and I definitely don't regret my purchase, but if you too have a really wide food in the toe box area, I would try them on at a local running store before purchasing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.