Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on September 14, 2014
Great track shoe. Light weight and great looking. Seems to fit as expected. Perhaps just a bit narrow.
on September 2, 2012
I use the 890 and 1400 for my regular milage (30 per week), but wanted something faster for a short race on a track. The RC 1600 was perfect. It is very light and has a way slimmed down version of an 890/1400 sole. It is also much, much flatter than the 890 and noticeably flatter than the 1400. I wouldn't run on these regularly or for heavy mileage. The 1400 is a much better light and fast every day shoe. If you need a flat for a 5k race and have decent form, the 1600 is pretty sweet. If I had better form, these would be awesome for a 10k or a half, but i dont so I'll stick with my 1400s.
on November 5, 2012
I am not a competitive runner but more of a casual runner who does 5Ks on the side. I've always had "typical" running shoes, you know, the supremely cushioned, high heel box shoes that feel like running on a cloud. The problem I've had with these shoes is they almost force me to run on my heels first and I've felt the pain after in my knees and shins. The heel is always much more cushioned than the toe which creates this effect and makes it more difficult to get your toe down in front of you.

The more I've learned about running, the more I've wanted to change my running style to be more of a mid-foot runner to lessen the impact I am making on the ground and also not trying to propel myself so much with my lower legs.

The New Balance MRC1600 after much research was exactly what I needed. It is a fairly flat cushioned shoe with the heel and toe having much more of a balance of padding. I am a fairly neutral runner with a decent arch. At first I would say they felt a little too snug but after running in them for a few weeks they are perfect and I prefer them to be a little snug than loose. The interior of the shoe is comfortable and has no seams to irritate.

Out of the box
The biggest WOW moment comes when you open the box and take the shoes out. They are literally the lightest shoes I have ever held and really feel like you have no weight on your feet. It is pretty amazing, especially after weighting them side by side with my old "cloud" shoes.

While I have not yet mastered running mid-foot I will say that it is much easier to do so in these shoes. In my older shoes I would almost feel forced to run heel first and compensate too much to try to run mid-foot, hurting my legs further.

Looks
I really love the look of this shoe. The blue and yellow are bright and reflective and the design is perfect. Its a shoe that looks great and is nice and low to the ground.

Durability
I can't really comment too much on durability since I've only owned them for less than a month. The shoes do seem well built and I can only hope that being so light weight nothing was sacrificed in turn.
on December 20, 2012
Liked the shoes, were perfect for building my ankles and almost like wearing my vibrams. I know they are track shoes and are meant for running on the track, but I wanted something light and this did the trick. I run all the time about 5 times a week for 3-5 miles and these shoes did the job. The sole is kind of low due to the shoes being made for the track. Take a chance and try them.
on October 13, 2013
I am a 100% trail runner but have signed up for a couple of street marathons just to mix things up some. My feet are not use to asphalt.Usually wear N B 1400's but ran across the 1600's. Read the reviews , figured I would give them a try . Pulled them out of the Box and thought no way! There's not enough of these shoes to do a marathon. Went to some other sites, read the reviews( all praising there M ability) . Ran a half in them yesterday,, oh yeah! these will work just fine! I believe these are going to be my all time favorite street shoe. A lot more protection than you would guess in these light shoes. And they look good, the 1400 color combo's were not great
on December 18, 2012
I absolutely love my new MCR1600's. Ran a new PR on my 2 mile run, hours after they arrived. I did notice that the left shoe looked slightly darker on the toe box, almost like they were wet. Then when I took out the paper inside the shoe I noticed that it was stained blue. Not sure what happened, but everything was dry and the shoe fit.
on February 5, 2013
My second pair, trained and ran a marathon in the first. They wear out fast, but a great running shoe.
on June 20, 2014
I run on average 4-10 miles a week on the treadmill and roads and side walks. I also play racquet ball 2x's a week and they are great on the court as well.

I have had these shoes for about a year and a half now and just bought a new pair. Originally bought them in a New Balance store for around $110. I was ecstatic to find them on amazon for only $60!

The breath really well and are very light and pliable. My feet stay cool and sometimes I forget I'm wearing them. They are not quite a minimalist shoe.

Great price for a great shoe!
on May 18, 2014
I had RC1400 couple of years ago
Wanted to "upgrade" and have a mixed feelings
The shoe fits great , same small problem with the tongue (the sides can sort of roll)
But that's nothing major.
The1600 are definitely more minimalistic - what I mean is the sole seems to be slightly harder and less cushioning than the 1400 and less forgiving for some one like me being a heel striker
Will see after next week bayshore marathon - might go back to 1400
on August 27, 2014
I love these shoes. I bought them solely for running on my treadmill. I also wear them around the house and at yoga class. I've had these for two years now and there just starting to show wear. I only wish there were more color options.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.