New Balance Men's MT20v1 Minimus Trail Running Shoe,Black/Orange,10 D US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- 4mm heel-to-toe drop
- ACTEVA foam midsole
- VIBRAM outsole
- Antimicrobial treatment on footbed
- Take a midfoot strike off the beaten path with this minimalist trail runner from New Balance.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Take a midfoot strike off the beaten path with this minimalist trail runner from New Balance.
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 7.6 x 4.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- ASIN: B005ERRSJA
- Item model number: MT20v1 Minimus Trail-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 27, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Enter the MT20. He decided to take the plunge on this updated model, and has been thoroughly impressed since day one. Here is what he would like to share about the shoe:
1) Lightweight but sturdy: Out of the box the shoe is incredibly light and the Vibram sole construction is top notch. Despite being a minimal design, these feel sturdy and the attention to rugged construction is evident, which is typical of the New Balance brand.
2) Fit was accurate: The fit ran true to his shoe size right out of the box, he did not need to go up or down or for the wider size (He's had problems with Nike and Adidas always being too narrow).
3) Comfort: They are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes he has owned to date. The heel cup padding in particular is excellent, and even without socks there hasn't been any irritation.
4) Performance: Performance wise, the Vibram soles are terrific. Not too springy, and not too pliable, they provide a perfect balance between a barefoot feel and providing protection from sharp rocks and glass. They give great traction on grass and dirt without a large tread profile that defeats their purpose.Read more ›
I am active duty and the Army just banned the wear of the five toe shoes while wearing an Army PT uniform. With this shoe I can still wear it with a pair of thin socks without discomfort. I did go with a .5 size larger going from a 10 to 10 1/2 just to have room for a thin pair of socks. The shoe feels awesome on the treadmill and on pavement, I ran 2 miles my first try and my calf's weren't killing me the next day. It has plenty of room for your toes to stretch and the rest of the shoe fits nice and snogged. Walking over gravel feels the way it would barefoot, you can feel every rock, but when you run on hard floor, amazingly my feet feel "NO" discomfort, and this is coming from a guy with 12 years active duty, bad knee's, bad ankles, and a bad back, and I LOVE these shoes!
One huge plus for some people will be that they actually feel LESS restrictive around the toes than five fingers, which kind of make my toes feel stiff due to the material separating them. There is plenty of room in these shoes to allow full motion with the toes. I can't wait to see what new balance does with the zero drop minimus coming in the next 6 months or so. But for now, these are awesome. I will never use a normal sneaker again. I've been telling everyone I know to try these shoes. They are really THAT great.
The Winter Minimus shoes (denoted by the snowflake pic on back heel of shoe) are the same as the Trail counterparts except the shoe material is not breathable. It's like a vinyl/rubber material to make them "Winter Proof". They probably repel water great and keep feet warm in the winter. However in the spring/summer this is not a great shoe (at least for me because I run hot and sweat easily), I need a shoe that breathes. In short, the description of all the shoes are incorrect because the winter shoes are not the same material as the "Trail Shoes". They act the same and feel the same (foot comfort) except for the breathablilty. I would recommend this shoe for winter. Other than this great shoe.
I ended up returning it to get the proper trail shoe type.
I ordered and received the proper shoe (the one without the snowflake on the back). Everything is good. I'm guessing these are an older version/model because they fit snuggly as opposed to the pair I am replacing (the pair I'm replacing happen to be the newer model). The snugness does not bother me, they recommend using these shoes with no socks however I don't like that option. Overall I give the regular pair 4 stars and recommend purchasing them. The winterized pair I give a 3 star because they are snug as well and don't breathe. Since I "run hot" and sweat easily they don't work for me. Someone else might not mind this. There are 3-4 people in my "box" (crossfit gym) that use the winterized version and enjoy them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Your great shoes held up really well regardless of health and they are very comfortable lightweight great if you're traveling don't doesn't take up much space at allPublished 11 months ago by Kisersoze
As with all minimalist style shoes, people should ease into them to avoid injury. I would advise not to run in them if you over pronate (flat feet, your foot rolls inward). Read morePublished 11 months ago by E. Andrade
I used these for crossfit to start, they worked well but for the first few weeks the toe area rubbed against the top of one of my toes causing it to become raw. Read morePublished 14 months ago by B
I bought these to be summertime walking shoes, but they've proven to be great for wearing around the house. Not a lot of support, but extremely light and ventilated.Published 16 months ago by Bob N.