Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 521 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 548 reviews
on March 21, 2015
Soles started peeling off after a few months, completely fell off after about 9 months. Very little wear on the shoe, just terrible craftsmanship.
review image
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2015
I have consistently had a comfortable fit with a number of manufacturers running shoes that I ought at size 8.5 with an extra wide (4E) fitting. That has been the case also with this manufacturer (New Balance) in the past also. However, this shoe was way too tight when they arrived, but since I like the appearance of this shoe and the quality looked good, I returned them for the same shoe but in the next size up (size 9 4E). When the next size up shoes arrived, they were still snug, but less so and since I had never needed to wear anything larger than 8.5 4E, I believed they would be OK with a little wear. That was a mistake. Although I can slip my finger into the gap between my heel and the back of the shoe, my toes make painful contact with the front of the shoes, it's worse if I'm going downhill. These shoes do not have any relationship to the standard sizes we have become used to with (till now) all manufacturers. I should have sent the second (next size up) pair back immediately and ordered a completely different shoe altogether. Although I have been happy with New Balance shoe sizing in the past, I now have no confidence in ordering their product by mail, so I will now choose other manufacturer's shoe. Lack of quality control has cost New Balance some future sales.
on November 26, 2016
I have been wearing New Balance shoes for over a decade, and I know my size. I currently wear the New Balance Men's MW759 Country Walking Shoe in men's size 12 4E and the New Balance Men's MW577 White Walking Shoe also in men's size 12 4E. So when I ordered the New Balance Men's MT510 Trail Trail Running Shoe in men's size 12 4E I expected the same fit. What I got was too short. I have had these shoes since June 2016 I have tried a shoe stretcher I have wore then wet and had them dry on my feet but I can tell you that there is no breaking in a pair of shoes that apear to be a size too small. They are labeled men's size 12 4E but they do not appear to be that size.
on October 23, 2014
I had read the other reviews stating the shoe fit small, so I ordered a half size larger than normal. While the shoe fits, and I will make do with it, I wish I had gotten a full size larger as the shoe fits snug at 1/2 size larger than normal. The shoes have very little arch support and are probably a bad choice for anyone who has had plantar fasciitis. The soles are slippery on certain surfaces (coated macadam being one example) and thus are probably not a good choice for some one who has trouble keeping their balance, and definitely should not be purchased by anyone who works in a restaurant or other work place where slippery floors are common. On the positive side the quality of construction looks good, and the shoe is attractive without being flamboyant. However, all in all I would not buy these shoes again, and at $35 the price is a little high given the shortcomings I have listed above.
on October 7, 2014
I bought these for walking and every day wear. I am 75, and my knees and hips discourage me from running. I have occasionally tried competing brands, but always return to NB for a dependable fit and comfort. These are probably the best athletic shoes I have worn in many years, well worth their modest price. I wear them all day every day, and hope they outlast me.
on July 18, 2014
I'm a 12E and ordered this in a 12EEEE. The width was just fine, but the design of the heel area pushed my foot up into the front where the toe height is very tapered. This created a gap at the heel area and a substantial pain in the toe area, instead of even spacing throughout the length of the footbed. The rest of the shoe was very comfortable, lightweight and breathable though. It's too bad I had to return them.
on July 25, 2014
NB used to be a reliable brand for those of us with wide feet (4EEE). I've had to return multiple NB shoes lately because even the 4EEE is too narrow. I own other NB shoes that are 4EEE and fit fine. I've found that you have to refer to the NB site to look up the "last" that is used to shape the shoe. Some lasts have a narrow toebox and forefoot, which seems to cancel out the wide size. It shouldn't be this complicated.
on December 14, 2015
I have been wearing New Balance shoes for years because, for me, they balance comfort, price, and durability. They seem to fit my feet well, especially the arch shape and position, though I must buy them 1/2 size larger than my dress shoes. I am a cheap bastard, so I wear them until there is nothing left. They begin their life cycle as running shoes, graduate to "knock around" and finish as "shop/garden" before taking their place in the great shoe landfill in the sky. I have had my MT510s for three years. I transitioned them to "knock around" about two years ago and they are still hanging in there. I throw them in the washing machine once a month. My current shop shoes, a ten-year-old pair of 401s, began life as marathon training / running shoes, covering nearly 1000 miles before being demoted to knock-around use. I am probably on my tenth pair of New Balance shoes, MT610V4 trail runners, which I recently purchased on Amazon.
on June 3, 2015
I've been wearing New Balance brand shoes for a long time. Over the past few years the QUALITY CONTROL has fallen too low for my liking. I'm looking for a new brand that sells 4E width, if anyone knows who sells wide width please respond. I did like the shoes but my size 10 4E width was more like a size 9 regular. Get your act together NEW BALANCE.
on February 20, 2015
Addition to my review. 4/15/15:
I have just finished 1,000 miles on these shoes and and sending them to the boneyard.! Comfortable, though not beautiful, to the end.

These shoes have held up rather well. I like to wear shoes until they are positively unwearable...total destruction. I do 8-9 mile trips in desert gravel/sand near Las Vegas. I have done 770 miles since November '14, and they've become tattered inside and one toe is poking out everso slightly, but they still provide good support and I'm sure I can get another 100 miles out of them.

One negative is the completely aesthetic cords that going around the back heal...they have no function and tattered and broke after 80 miles. Also, I like to be able to desecrate and hide product logos, and it was not possible to do this.

Good, sturdy shoes.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.