|Fits as expected||
$79.47 - $114.95
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Textile and Synthetic
- Synthetic sole
- Low-profile trail runner in debris-free construction featuring non-sew material application
- Lace-up closure
- REVlite midsole
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
New Balance is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century to focus on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 9 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B015XCQSV4
- Item model number: MT10V4 Trail Shoe-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 1, 2016
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I skipped v3 altogether as I was still using up my stock of v2's, but have recently purchased my first pair of the v4's. While it's true that this version is no longer as minimal as the first couple of generations, this is a very fine shoe in its own right. The sole is still very flexible, finding a nice balance between being dense enough for good protection while still providing cushion for comfort over the long haul. The lug design has changed such that these are no longer suitable as a hybrid road/trail shoe like some previous versions, but for off-road, the traction is greatly improved - excellent in fact. I recently wore these for a 50-mile trail ultra with constant stream crossings such that my feet were wet for the entire event, and these were comfortable every step of the way - not even a blister! The fact that I'd logged less than a dozen miles in these prior to entrusting my feet to them for this event speaks volumes for how good this shoe felt right out of the box.
- the soles on these shoes are a bit more cushioned than previous versions. in the northeast, all trail runs are pretty much a rocky mess and the tiny amount of extra padding goes a long way. i can still feel the terrain well while protecting myself from the sharper jagged rocks. the new lugs are also effective in the rain.
- they breath great like all previous versions and seem to have taken the MTv3's role with a little more rubber along the sides so that muddy and such don't get your feet quite as wet.
- its a biggie for me. all previous versions had a band across the top of the foot that provided stability and a more glove like fit. this version is the first to not have them. unfortunately, i am not comfortable in these at all on rocky or steep downhill stretches. this shoe moves. tightly laced in, i nearly blew out my knee on my first run in these as i traversed a small rocky downhill descent. i have since cautiously tested the limits on downhill trail and have decided to relegate these runners to my more easy and less technical trail runs. total bummer as i love the new soles on these which are perfect for more jagged and rocky terrain.
I'm a big fan of New Balance's minimal-style running shoes. I got this pair,
the MT10V4, to replace a pair of MT10BS2 that I had worn out. I've also used a
few other models in this family over the years.
I've had my MT10V4s a couple months now, and put on about 30 miles. I should
note that I run exclusively on fairly rough dirt/mud trails.
First of all, the fit is spot on. The shoe is very light and minimalist. I
found my pair very comfortable. If you like New Balance's minimalist shoes,
I'm sure you'll find this one okay too.
The only real grip I have is that the MT10V4 has a "burrito" style tongue.
I've used other shoes with this style tongue before, but somehow I just have
trouble getting the MT10V4 to really 'stick' to my foot. It's a bit hard to
explain, the shoe fits very well, but even with the laces tight, I feel like
the sole can role a bit left/right when I'm running. Anyway, I think
traditional tongues stick to the foot a bit better.
Also, I do wish New Balance had a few more models in their minimalist lineup.
I'm a bit worried that the minimalist thing was a fad and that it's going to
get harder to find good shoes of this type.
In summary, I like the MT10V4 okay, but I don't think it's as good as my old
MT10BS2s. Seems like the ground feel is lacking because the shoe shifts around
a bit even when laced very tight. Wish they didn't discontinue the old models.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The fit is great, as expected.Read more