New Balance Men's M550V1 Running Shoe,Black/Silver,8 D US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Textile and Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Breathable mesh upper with contrasting logo on side
- Foam midsole for comfort
- Textured outsole for traction
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Package Dimensions: 12.5 x 7.9 x 4.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.6 pounds
- ASIN: B00I03PHZ2
- Item model number: M550V1 Running Shoe-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 25, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
1. My "normal" shoe size is 7 3E. For exercise I get (if available) a 7-½ 4E. Even at that size this shoe is too small.
2. The front piece of plastic intrudes into the inside of the shoe and catches the big toe. Occasionally the toe will "pop" up and interior plastic lip will grab the toe nail. Very dangerous. I'm afraid some day it will turn back my nail. If you buy this shoe, make sure you keep the nail trimmed.
3. The tongue does not cover the top of the foot. There is a lot of sock showing.
4. There is no support. I do not see how this can be considered a running shoe. It would probably be adequate for brisk walking, but I would not use it for anything more strenuous.
Absolutely not recommended.
P.S. I see I mistakenly put it under the wrong color combination. I bought the Gray/Orange color.
The only reason I'm not giving these higher reviews is because overall these just feel cheap and light. I know some people may think a lighter shoe is a better thing but not when you realize its due to cheaper materials not advance design. Compared to my favorite style the 991s/993 these feel like hard plastic and vinyl knock offs. The shoe itself is not terrible, they used a stiffer cheaper rubber sole that looks great but doesn't provide the cushion and support i've come to know from my other NB products. The uppers are a mix of mesh and synthetic material that once again looks good but does not provide much in a sense of cushy glove like feel from most of my other NB shoes.
The saving grace is their price and style. Its a good looking basic shoe for a decent price.