New Balance Men's MO1000 Multi-Sport Boot,Black,12.5 4E US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Suede and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Abzorb heel and forefoot
- Primaloft ECO 200G insulation
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The New Balance Outdoor 1000 is an all-weather multi-sport boot with a water-resistant,insulated, seam-sealed suede and mesh upper and an extra-sturdy Vibram® outsole. With a shoe like this on your side, you can count on complete versatility, with serious comfort to accompany you on your outdoor adventures. Color: Black
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B004JU18Z8
- Item model number: MO1000
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 21, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only issue with this shoe, was the width -- the 4E in this model felt tighter compared to other 4E shoes in the New Balance family. Also, due to the waterproof construction, the MO1000 does not breathe well.
Overall, this boot has been great in rain, slush, and snow in all temperatures, even dipping below -30^C (-22^F). I have tried many winter walking boots from various vendors, including, Wolverine, Kodiak, Auclair, Adidas, and Dunham (premium New Balance), and the MO1000 is by far my favourite. I walk about 16km (10 miles) each day as a letter carrier in Canada, and these boots have succeeded where other boots have failed.
They are light and supportive. They do well on a broad variety of surfaces. If the soles are wet, I have to walk carefully on the rubber flooring often found in college buildings.
When these are worn out, I will likely buy another similar boot from New Balance.
Update: I am still wearing these, but have decided to replace them with Lowa Renegades. I used the Lowa before and I think it is more supportive for my wide foot. It is about $100 more, but with my new arch inserts, I need a slightly wider shoe and my old Lowas accepted the insert well, so I decided to get a new pair of them for work.
My use will be during the winter for going back and forth to work and for short walks, only and hour or two, through the forest. The boots appear to be designed only for light day hiking, and not more intense hikes.
UPDATE: I've worn the boots through the winter and they work as advertised - kept my feet warm and dry, all with a fitness/running shoe comfort.
I do want to comment that inside the shoe on the heel part of the sole there is a solid yellow "NB" stylized symbol that rubs off on the bottom of my white socks that is proving very resistant to washing, even with bleach, and now many of my white socks have yellow smudges on the bottoms of the heels. New Balance, I've bought you since you've started. Please fix this! C'mon, it's inside the shoe. No one can see it. Stop putting it on the sole and save a little in manufacturing.
I would only recommend these boots to someone using them in a dry climate and definitely check the fit.
I have had good luck with New Balance shoes but these are the first boots that I have gotten from them and the fit issue is disappointing.
From the moment I opened the box, I realized these were a set of well-made shoes. The things I like so far are:
1) It is very lightweight for a shoe of this size (under 1 lb)
2) It keeps your feet warm and dry, without making them sweaty or stinky.
3) Decent amount of comfort.
4) When it snows, these things truly become amazing. The outsole grips onto any snow covered surface and I feel like I am walking on grass or concrete; not a couple of inches of snow. In fact, the outsole is so grippy on snow, I feel like I can run on it! All of this traction on top of being lightweight, so they don't tire your leg muscles.
5) The outsole seems to be pretty durable; however, I don't feel there is a lot of rubber in the midsole. So, I don't know how long these will last. Have to check and see.
6) They look good.
The things I do not like:
1) These not the most comfortable pair of shoes. For me, I don't want to spend an entire workday on my feet in these. The comfort is fine for walking, but not for standing.
2) The Primaloft upper can form small white striations around the toe area.
3) The Primaloft upper will form wrinkles as you walk around in the MO1000.
4) The transparent plastic cover for the external heel counter can get scratched very easily.
I will update as I use these more and gain more insight. So far, in bad weather conditions these are superb. In less adverse conditions, they are okay as everyday shoes in terms of comfort.