|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$134.95 - $169.99 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Leather and mesh
- Rubber sole
- ACTEVA is 12% lighter than standard midsole foam with DuPont Engage for exceptional durability
- Single density polyurethane heel
- ABZORB provides a superior blend of cushioning and compression set features with Dupont Engage and Isoprene rubber for the ultimate ride
- Ndurance is a rubber compound for maximum durability in high wear areas
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers love the cushioned response of the New Balance MR993 Running. This men's running shoe features an engineered foam midsole and lightweight, supportive outsole.With a stable platform and smooth transitions, this men's shoe is readyto take on everything from a weekend run to a daily gym excursion. Thesynthetic and mesh upper offers durable, breathable comfort, while thelightweight Acteva midsole promises long-lasting support. Abzorb cushioning in the heel and forefoot lends support and maximum energyreturn. The Ndurance outsole of this New Balance running shoeprovides reliable traction on a variety of terrain. You'll love running even more with the New Balance MR993 Running!
Looking for a high-performance runner? Try New Balance's MR993. It has a single-density PU post to help keep you stable, and plenty of cushioning in its ABZORB DTS heel, ABZORB SBS forefoot, and C-CAP midsole. The Ndurance outsole adds durability to the mix.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 7.1 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B001792H5O
- Item model number: MR993
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 12, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
My only complaint is that they are a little heavier than I would like, but maybe that is the price of excellent support.
Bye the way, forget all the noise about the shoes smelling like cat urine when the shoes get wet. This happened to me about five years ago and NB quickly replaced the shoes. I have had two pairs since with no problem. I can't believe how some of the reviewers continually cry about this issue. I suspect they have nothing else to do or they are delusional in thinking they are leading some sort of crusade.
I stopped into my New Balance store solely because I desired a shoe made in the USA. I explained to the clerk that I have flat, bony, narrow feet, severely pronate, and I wanted a shoe that would last a long time. It came down to the 993 and one other shoe, but there wasn't much of a contest.
Secondly, a word about the reviewer - I only wore these to my gym (for almost 2 years!), and the occasional jog. It wasn't until after I wore them out that I ran my first half-marathon, so I cannot speak to how many miles these would be good for.
Design - These aren't as flashy and stylish as mainstream running shoes; there's a throwback element to them that take them more to the "dad-shoe" end of the spectrum, but still not bad. Just don't expect anyone to notice your new kicks when you arrive to aerobics. At least the gray color hides dirt and discoloration after months of use. Besides, you might check out some optional seasonal colors in New Balance Men's M498 Heritage Classic Sneaker, part of the New Balance Heritage Classic collection.
Support - these are undoubtedly the most well-built shoe I've ever used. After two years, they still feel solid when I pick them up. Others have complained that they might be a tad on the heavy side, but I found no real impedement to my exercise.
Breathability - I'd rate a 5 out of 10. The toe shovel has a mesh exterior, but it's only found above several layers of over inputs, so it's not the most breathable.
durability - I used them for nearly 2 years. Nuff said.
A few words of note. First, I'm meticulous about shoe care, and I used cedar shoetrees inside them after every use, to soak up sweat and keep the shoe's form. Secondly, use shoe inserts for added cushioning. I recommend the Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic Insert (M 10-10 1/2 W 12-12 1/2). It's better than using the factory insert. Third, I suggest trying a pair on in a store. As noted above, there are a variety of colors as part of the Heritage Classic collection, and I bought a second pair online after this one, and they didn't feel as solid as this first pair. Be mindful of where and how you're buying them.
Rating: 5/5 (excellent)
I've tried a wide variety of running shoes over the past 30 years, during which I contended with a variety of foot-related issues (plantar fasciitis, hammer toe, arthritis, etc.), and after being repeatedly referred to the New Balance 99x line by multiple different podiatrists, I eventually tried a pair, and I'm glad I did because they were far and away the best sneakers (for me anyway) that I'd ever owned, and I've been buying 991's, 992's and now 993's ever since.
* Above-average availability of extra wide sizes.
* Highly breathable uppers help limit/prevent athlete's foot.
* Excellent interior padding with recessed seams (read: fewer chafing points that might cause sores).
* Well cushioned and highly durable soles, with non-slip treads.
* Removable sole inserts make this shoe more orthotic friendly than most.
* Diabetic Friendly: All of the above combine to make this the #1 recommended sneaker for people with Diabetes.
* Made in USA.
* It's price point is above average, but its quality makes it worthwhile.
Bottom line: Personally, I think these may be the best all around running/walking shoes on the market. Highly recommended.