Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Balance N9 GPS Trainer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

33%
67%
Price:$122.86+ Free shipping

on April 10, 2012
Since the DCrainmaker doesn't have a review of this watch I figured I would post one for everyone considering this as a running watch. This watch is identical in design and function to the Soleus GPS watches and the Timex Marathon with almost the identical firmware. The only difference between those watches and this one is that it comes with a heart rate monitor. On the couple of runs that I took it on, the heart rate monitor was extremely inaccurate, off by almost 50-60 bpm during my work out. I tried adjusting the belt several times but could never get an accurate heart rate reading. The software that comes with the device is terrible and slow. Unlike the Timex Global Trainer and Garmin, none of the fields on the watch are customizable through the computer. This is a major pain because the watch has like 14 view screen settings that must be cycled through until you find the one you want. When you turn the watch off, you loose the screen and have to recycle though all of the screens just to choose the view you want. Overall I could not recommend this watch, especially at its current price. Go for a Garmin or Timex Global Trainer(which is currently $20 cheaper), you will get all of the function and customization and none of the headaches of this watch!
on October 5, 2011
I like this product. I am still exploring all the features and which displays I like using for each activity. It takes all the data I would want to collect for run training. The GPS has worked really well up to this points. The one glitch I found was that on one of my runs my heart rate was not measured accuratly. It was still getting a reading but was about 20 beats slow. The only 2 things I wish it had that it does is the ability to access the watch settings from the computer interface and the ability to post and share data on the web. I have talked to other people using simular devices from other companies and I think the N9 is pretty accurate comparativly.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2012
I have this watch and find it to be much as advertised. As far as a runners watch, it pretty well does as it is supposed to do. However, the interface with the computer software simply does not work. Customer service has not provided any useful assistance except to indicate that a software update is in process. The software will not even connect with my watch let alone download and sychronize running data. Frankly, for me that was one of the more appealing attributes of this purchase. Pretty disappointed. Lack of assistance from customer support is very frustrating.
on June 16, 2012
I am not exactly a professional runner, but I found the watch to be pretty easy to use. It is a little slow to acquire satellites when entering GPS mode. However when it does, it tracks very well. The watch itself has a lot of settings and modes (a little overwhelming for a newbie).

I should also note that the software seems like a throwback to something developed in the 1990's, pretty basic. That said, I didn't get the watch because I needed a pretty interface. As long at is tells me how far, how fast, and how long, I am pretty happy with it.

But after spending some time getting to know the N9 and how it works, I am pretty satisfied. All in all, it is a pretty good little watch that doesn't feel like a brick on your wrist.
on September 2, 2012
I simply want to monitor the time and distance of my workouts. It has been a challenge to figure out how to start/stop and record. I'd be a few minutes into my run and notice it was just adding time/distance onto my last run. I'm going to accept the fact that much of it is probably user error and a learning curve, however, the black finish on the back of the watch face rubs off on my skin. I think my sunscreen caused the break down, but I've never ever had that trouble before. The black comes off on my skin and it gets gummy and sticky. I'm pretty disappointed.
on October 20, 2013
As a new runner, I was hoping this product would be more useful during my runs. It's so hard to program and the manual is no help. I wish I would have went with another product.