Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 13, 2014
I love this model of new balance, 574. It is my favorite. This deep red color is also one of my favorites. I don't wear a color like this a lot, just once or twice a month.

Well made shoe, this model has a hard plastic piece on the back of it where the heel meets the sole, called the encap. This helps the shoe stay together longer for extended use, the two pieces won't separate or come unglued very easily.

Comfortable for day to day use, I don't know about running in them as I don't do it. I believe they are marketed as a fashion sneaker and I believe that's just what they are.
on July 30, 2014
As the other reviewers mentioned these shoes stand out in a nice way. All my coworkers and strangers would compliment on how cool they look. It's super edgy in a superhero sense and really stylish.

I generally wear around 10.5 or 11 and I'm glad I got it in the latter. It can get pretty snug and damn is it awesome for running! :)
The materials used in making this shoe feels really well done, I can definitely feel the love put into making it, really nice craftsmanship. Colors stay very vibrant. My only icky feeling about it is how much branding is one it, I swear, there's either an "N" or "new balance" on 3 sides of the shoes--but that can be fixed by wearing jeans to cover most of it haha.
on October 8, 2012
New Balance is known as one of the few sneakers available in wider widths, but I sent back two pairs that were not wide despite being marked as such. In fact, they were actually narrower than my Pumas, which have a reputation as being very narrow shoes in the first place. Might just have been this batch. The shoes really do look great though.
4 people found this helpful
on October 24, 2014
I have been wearing New Balance for years and this is the first time a 10.5 US fit too snug in the toes. I've seen others suggest that New Balance has shrunk the "toe box" and that would seem to be accurate. Best check at your local store before ordering if you might need to order one size up.
on May 1, 2014
I have never needed anything other than a regular width shoe ... except with the NB ML574 I do. The size 10 D is proper length, but WAY too tight on width. I have been wearing Merrell Jungle Moc's for a few yrs and these shoes don't feel especially comfortable in contrast. But I wasn't able to give them a decent evaluation because they were too narrow. A disappointment, better luck next time.
on January 8, 2013
Having reviewed numerous other styles of 'casual' type sneakers, I opted to go with several pairs of this New Balance style, in different colors. While I favor the Navy / Grey color style a bit more, this color scheme is just as stylish and just as comfortable... and after several weeks of wear, I haven't any complaints. I would consider this an excellent choice for casual footwear.
on May 12, 2014
Highly constricting and not at all like what I'm used to. While they look stylish and are made of okay material, their size is deceptive; they are extraordinarily narrow and rigid.
on April 27, 2015
Great unusual color, especially when paired with bright neon laces.
on May 14, 2014
My husband really loves his new sneakers. I wasn't sure he would like New Balance but I'm glad to say I was wrong. He bought the blue and look great on. im sure when the time comes to buy a new pair he will definitely buy New Balance again. Thank you..
on April 23, 2014
For me, I had tried these kind of shoes (574's) instore before and found them to be a little narrow especially in the toe box. So, if you have a regular to wide foot, I would suggest going up half a size to get a good fit.

Overall, these shoes harken back to an earlier and classic time for shoe design which never goes out of style. New Balance's color combos are really fun and retro. So grab a pair and be the envy of the hipsters.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question