Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on March 8, 2017
it squeaks a lot when walking. I love the green. It doesn't feel right on my foot - and it's around the toes. I'm not sure if the toe box is not wide enough for me. Something doesn't feel right. They are already boxed up to go back.
on March 12, 2013
These fit true to size, are lightweight, and extremely comfortable. They do not feel quite minimalist though - maybe a good transition shoe, but not one that I would classify as a barefoot running shoe
on January 27, 2013
I purchased an 8.5 M I wear an 8M and they were way to small. Toe box was narrow and short. I'm not sure why the difference in sizing I have found lately but it is irritating. These shoes don't offer much in the way of cushion. I am not a runner but I can't imagine these being comfortable for running. They are not attractive in person but online I thought they were nice looking. I can't recommend them.
on October 14, 2012
Love the bright color. Lightweight and hope they last. So far so good. Fits a little small so went up a half size. Could have probably gone up a full size, but hated to get a size 11 womens for my 12 year old!! Would recommend.
on May 30, 2012
As a devotee of the New Balance minimus, I was interested in these as a general-purpose walking around shoe. I generally wear the NB Minimus Zero or the 10's. This isn't a minimal shoe. Sure, there is a lot less of it than a basketball shoe, but there's a lot of structure and sole between you and the ground. Nowhere near as flexible as the other products in the minimus line. I put this on par with the Nike Free 3.0, also a good transition into a barefoot shoe, but not quite there. The ionic also has interior seams that hit joint points if you have a wide foot, like me- so I can't recommend going without socks. With socks, they are ok. They fit true to size, (I'm a ladies 8.5) and have a fairly wide toe.
on August 19, 2012
I love my Vibram Five Fingers and Merrell Trail Gloves, but I wanted a shoe with a little more support and cushion for days when I'm walking around town, standing in line at the amusement park, etc. I did not want the inflexible foot-bricks that pass as traditional athletic shoes. I tried these on at the store and loved the lightness, comfort, and flexibility of them, but they didn't have a color I liked so I ordered them here. I took them on vacation almost immediately after I got them and wore them a lot; they were great. I hiked in them and they don't have the traction of a good trail shoe, but for walking, easy hiking, and standing in line they were awesome.
on March 25, 2013
I had bought these shoes for my running every morning. I was skeptical because the shoes I previously bought killed my feet and ankles. These shoes were amazing and comfortable from the very first day! I definitely suggest buying these if you're serious about running and need some comfortable shoes.
on February 27, 2013
These shoes seem to have everything I want in an athletic shoe at this point in my life. They're super cute. They are incredibly comfortable and they are versatile enough for me to wear as an everyday walking around/errand shoe and also as something for a quick run. If I was going on a long run (over 3 miles) I'd wear something with more support but that's just me. I've read where some people bought these as transition shoes into barefoot running. I have no desire to ever run barefoot but I can see the appeal of these to get you to that point. I can't get over how insanely comfortable they are. As for size, my recommendation would be to buy 1 full size up from your standard dress shoe size. I wear very thin socks with them but if you were so inclined, you could go sockless using the same size guidelines. I'm an ex-marathoner and Mizuno/Saucony disciple but their shoes are too serious looking for me today. I don't run as much and I want something that is attractive when I'm out running errands. Mizuno and Saucony would still be in my closet if they had a wider variety of designs to choose from. I wanted something fun and colorful but made well and that's exactly what I got with these. I originally ordered these in green and loved them so much I went online today and ordered the exact same shoe in pink. I may stock up and hoard these in case they end up on the endangered list. I highly recommend them.
on January 22, 2013
I've only used these for running on the treadmill and weight training class but they work great for both. I will update here when I get to take them outside. Like other reviewers have mentioned these are not a traditional minimalist shoe but would be great for throse transitioning to minimalist.
on December 2, 2013
I have high arches and toe circulation issues and New Balance sneakers have consistently been a good fit for me. The Minimus Ionix are extremely lightweight and I appreciate that the toe box is wide enough that my toes are not cramped. Very happy with this purchase, especially with the price reduction value - worth waiting for. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 star rating is that the arch support in these does not seem to be as fitting as the last pair of New Balance I purchased - perhaps just because of a difference in style? Hopefully not a reduction in quality.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.