Top positive review
104 people found this helpful
The good old 1080 fit is back with awesome cushioning
on February 16, 2016
The old 1080 fit is back! I only ran 3 miles in them out of the box but here is what I saw. They are higher off the ground than the 1080v2, v3 which i enjoy because I run long distances; they are a LOT more supportive midfoot and snug in the right spot midfoot (I'm a real fan of how they lace up to be honest) than the v5, which I felt were sort of loose and clunky; they have way better forefoot cushioning and spring/toe off than the v5. Toe box is still spacious like it has been in previous versions for me, and the 3D printed overlay (or I'm not sure what they call it) seems to not touch anywhere prone to forming blisters. The fit and the weight of the shoe are very similar to the saucony ride 7,8 (if you want a comparable shoe/ rotation shoe). The cushion is softer and the shoe is significantly lighter than the Brooks Adrenaline 16 (don't get me wrong I like the adrenalines, but a lighter shoe is what I will run a marathon in because lugging extra weight over 26 miles even if it's just a little bit will slow me down cause I am a wimp). I am about 70% sure I will race a marathon in these shoes this weekend (the other 30% wants the saucony ride 7 slightly out of the fear of "nothing new, only tried and true" )and can update the review with my experience. New balance 1080 hasn't betrayed me out of the box for long distance until now, so I am tempted to trust them.
If you were and old fan of the 1080 v2 and v3 and were slightly disappointed by the v5, give these shoes a run at your local running store, then wait to catch them on some 20% off on Amazon (cause they're 150 in store- Amazon was 120 with Presidents' Day sale yay)
I enjoyhow these shoes grow up along with my long distance running! I hope you do too!