|Fits as expected||
New Balance Women's W1080V4 Running Shoe
|Price:||$90.97 - $119.95|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Rubber sole
- Heel measures approximately 1"
- Platform measures approximately 0.5"
- Lace-up running shoe featuring no-sew upper with 8mm heel-to-toe drop
- ACTEVA Lite midsole
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
New Balance is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century to focus on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00DOR2HPW
- Item model number: W1080-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 1, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The fit is good. I normally wear a 10 wide, but Vine only had a 10 1/2 B available. So I decided to try, because sometimes I am not sure 10s are long enough. That being said, the fit is great - perfect sizing by going up 1/2 size. And even though the shoes are not a wide width, they feel great. The shoes are fairly comfortable, but I would like more padding in the ball of my foot. I have to say there is no way I would recommend these to someone for the $130+ price. They just are not supportive and comfortable enough to justify paying that much for the shoes. I will be updating my review after experiencing how well they hold up. Only time will tell with that. These are my second pair of New Balance in the past year after wearing Asics for a few years. I didn't like the first pair any better than these. I feel that New Balance's quality has really declined, especially given the high price of the shoes. The colors are bright and fun, and that is the most positive thing about the shoe. There are better shoes for the price.
Update on this review - 6 months later - I do not recommend these shoes. They still look great. However, the support is not there. I don't run, and I can't even imagine putting through that much of an impact type workout. I am a walker. I have always worn running shoes. I find they are the most comfortable for me to walk in. However these shoes are not a good buy. There is just not enough support. My legs are sore and achy. Just got a pair of Asics and no troubles at all. I'll repeat - New Balance quality is not what it used to be.
What is a pro/appealing about these:
* I like the look actually - love the colors, kind of fun "flamey" look on them for design, bit like old fashioned running shoes
* They are definitely wide enough for those that have wider or high volume feet
* Heel cushion is quite good - should work well for many heel strikers
* YAY for not having sewn overlays all over (I'm looking at your Saucony Ride 7!) - upper is awesome - one of the best I've run with!
What was a con/not appealing about these:
* Surprisingly the forefoot cushion was not as much as I expected (given the heel cushion) - I am a midfoot striker and would only use this shoe for long training runs. Anything shorter than 10 miles and I use much lower drop shoes. So if I'm doing 11+ miles I and I choose a cushioned shoe I really want cushion. These just didn't feel that way to me.
* I could not get the heel to snug up enough to not allow motion in that area. I tried multiple lacings and different socks and none worked real well.
* They did not feel flexible enough - too stiff up front which led to some gait issues for me as it seemed as if the shoe rewarded more heel striking which I'm trying not to do anymore.
* Almost too wide - and I cannot believe I said that. I have high volume wider feet but mine were slipping in these even with the requisite thumbs width from the top of shoe to big toe.
Overall I thought these were o.k. I actually love the New Balance Fresh Foam 980 (the new Trail version is out!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My wife used these shoes to great success. After breaking them in she wore them for all workout related activities.Published 4 months ago by M Guerra
I have had these shoes for exactly one year. I only wear them for zumba class- they are not used for running. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Debbie in Costa Rica
I normally wear NB shoes because they tend to be wider, but these shoes were so narrow, even after breaking them in. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Dawn Nguyen
Before this pair, I'd never purchased a pair of running shoes that weren't comfortable, straight out of the box. Read morePublished 9 months ago by L