Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 266 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 299 reviews
on September 10, 2011
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE SHOES!!!

Even though I'm no shoe or sneaker expert, I've purchased a fair share of them in my lifetime. I've never written a review for any shoes before now. I suppose it's because I've owned Converse, Puma, Nike and many other New Balance shoes before, but NONE even come close to the New Balance WT20 Trail Minimus shoes. Certainly these are the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn, even though I've only owned them for exactly one week. I wish these shoes would've been available while I was in Army basic training.

Pros: Weight: very light shoe without compromising durability or support. Traction: Walking or running, traction is pretty nice. Fit: very comfortable, breathable material, cushions feet without crowding, also provides arch support. In my experience, low profile New Balance shoes can sometimes run a bit more narrow than usual so I purchased this shoe in WIDE. I'm very glad that I did. Sole: Cushions the impact while walking or running which is a huge plus for me. Shoelaces: Thin, non-slip laces are a plus. It keeps you from having to stop mid-run or mid-walk to tie your shoes over again. I was caught in a thunderstorm while wearing these shoes and because of how delicate the shoes feel, I was worried they'd get damaged. Not at all. The shoes and laces dried up quicker than I imagined and they looked just as new. These shoes are rugged without looking or feeling bulky. Not to mention that they look pretty great, too.

Cons: None.

My only con about these shoes has nothing to do with the actual shoe itself, but the company. Just like many other sneaker companies, the amount of colors for women's shoes are limited. I ordered mine in black with the blue/lime green sole and love them, but I wish that New Balance had a better assortment of colors for their women's shoes instead of the typical pink and baby blue. However, if you are a woman who wears a women's size 9 or bigger, you're able to order the men's equivalent shoe, the MT20, in colors like red, grey, and black.

So...If you're looking for a shoe that is both good looking AND comfortable, I recommend you give these a try. My sister doesn't even like sneakers and after seeing mine she's thinking of getting herself a pair in black and pink. If you suffer from chronic foot/ankle pain like me, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how supportive and yet comfortable these shoes are. Pardon the trite expression but you'll feel like you're walking on air. =D

Bottom line: An awesome shoe!!!
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
This shoe is incredible. I am the type of person that doesn't like to wear shoes if I don't have to, so at the very least I like my shoes to be lightweight and feel like I don't have them on at all. These fit the bill perfectly. There was no "wearing in" at all, I wore them to work for a 12 hour shift the first day I had them, walked a lot in them, and had absolutely no issues. I've also gone running a lot with them and they are great.

The only down side I've noticed is that they are a little slick when the bottoms get wet and you walk on a smooth surface, like linoleum. Otherwise, I recommend these for anyone who loves to feel like they're not wearing shoes at all!
on May 14, 2013
I bought these shoes April 2012.....wearing them 5 days a week for work. I love them! They were fine for almost 11 months before I bought my second pair! Comfort and durability! I use them for work where I am running back and forth for 8 hours in a retail store!
on November 25, 2011
I purchased these after my fiance had bought a men's pair. I've been wanting to try the minimalist running thing for a while but the 5 Finger shoes just creeped me out. lol I settled on these because not only are they good looking shoes (they look totally fine with jeans or yoga pants too!) but I've been wanting to get more into running. I started out slow in these (as is recommended) because it completely changes the way you're probably used to walking/running. I built up to do some trail running with the dogs and they are so great! I found the trails/paths easier to run on than pavement with these. If you're running correctly in them you should feel burn in your calves especially. For me I also felt it in my upper hamstrings and butt (woot!). I have been really happy with them and I've had them for about a month and a half. I highly recommend these as long as you're willing to start out a little slow because you can really mess up your tendons if you continue landing on your heel in these (there's virtually no cushioning). I will probably be buying another pair when I need it.

These run true to size and can be worn with or without socks. I wish the color selection for women was better though.
on April 6, 2012
I bought these shoes for crossfit and they're amazing! They work great for the transition from weightlifting to running to lunges to whatever the trainers throw at us. They are comfortable and lightweight. I love them and highly recommend them to anyone doing crossfit.
on December 2, 2011
I've been running in nike frees for about a year and a half, and initially bought these as a supplementary shoe just for trail running.

I LOVE this shoe though-- and I run maybe 15 miles a week in it (the rest of my mileage I continue to log in my frees)--even on streets and sidewalks. It's a step closer to barefoot on the minimalist scale compared to a shoe like the free-- so, buyer beware you DO have to strengthen your calves/shins/ankles before you can rack up too many miles in them, or you risk stress fractures.

Overall, I love the NB WT20 because it's close-ish to a 5finger feel (it does have a vibram sole, which I like a lot), with the added appeal of not making me look like a major tool on my run (sorry 5finger lovers....)

As a quick sidenote, I'm also currently rehabbing a badly sprained ankle; I do wear a brace when I run in these (and my frees, for that matter). Shockingly, these shoes were the only shoes that haven't left my ankle in serious post-run pain.
on December 8, 2011
I'm a woman in my 60th year and have always worn expensive, supportive shoes and hiking boots. Although I've enjoyed hiking for most of my adult life, (ie: Grand Canyon rim to rim) in recent years I've become more and more prone to foot injuries, especially plantar fasciitis and sore bones in my feet. My daughter-in-law suggested I try the Trail Minimus shoes. I was skeptical but desperate, so I ordered a pair. For six weeks I've been hiking increasing distances (3-5 miles) on rugged trails in the desert and have no pain whatsoever. The shoes are incredibly comfortable. Because the soft soles allow my feet to feel the ground and rocks I step on, I instinctively step more softly and flex/adjust my foot to each new step, rather than pounding the ground on the same sore spots of my feet as I do with regular New Balance shoes. At the same time, I also purchased a BOSU Sport 55cm trainer which is fantastic for stretching and exercising my feet and calves which I believe is also helping my feet become stronger and less prone to injury.
on November 10, 2011
You really need to take it slowly and use these shoes for off road. I felt fine after a couple of runs but then went for a longer run on some hard surfaces and got achilles tendonitis. I have gone back to old shoes for a while. I would suggest using them in conjunction with your regular shoes. Use for short periods at a time increasing the use very slowly and keeping to soft surfaces. Your muscles need plenty of time to adjust.
The shoes themselves seem great but being so light I wonder how durable they will be. They are comfortable and fit my narrow feet nice a snuggly:)
on March 1, 2012
These are a stylish and very lightweight shoe however, they run short so if you are thinking of buying this shoe I would reccommend buying at least a half size bigger. I bought my normal shoe size and it was too small
on September 8, 2012
My wife has run through two pair of these in less than 200 miles each. I mean she has worn huge holes in the soles of these shoes. She had almost 1200 miles on her five fingers just to give a relative idea of her use on shoes. We thought the first time would be an anomoly,but the second pair ran out faster than the first. She loves the way the shoe feels as far as toe box but durability is terrible.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.