- Paperback: 238 pages
- Publisher: Ringing Cedars Pr; 2nd edition (June 15, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0980181275
- ISBN-13: 978-0980181272
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.5 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #741,925 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The New Civilisation 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My recommendation is that you go slow in purchasing the various books in the Ringing Series series. Start with Anastasia and be sure to read the various book reviews to find which next ones you might want to read next.
I bought all the books in the series, read the first one and then I skipped ahead of the 6 other books (2-7) to this one because its title "A New Civilisation" is intriguing.
And after reading I have 3 Not-so-great things and 3 good things to say about book 8-1.
1) The ego and unawakened personality of the middle-aged, Russian male author, Vladimir Megre, comes through strongly in this book. Whether Anastasia is real or not, I keep on getting this feeling that the author has created the perfect woman, via his cultural standards and male fantasies, and has enhanced her in many fantastical ways to convince his readers' egos that she is "perfect" and therefore her philosophy and spirituality justifiable and worth listening to/reading about. His narrations muddle up the spiritual messages of the book. The pure Anastasia is the Truth bearer of the RCseries but in this book, 8-1, she does not speak as distinctly and as often in this book as the Book 1. I had to read back a few paragraphs every now and then to remember who was the speaker of the words---Anastasia or the author.
2) Book 8-1 tends to be more nationalistic and patriotic towards Russia. Spirituality is Universal but one must constantly read through a lot of text addressed specifically to Russian citizens and Russian government. Incidentally, if you search the title of this book "new civilisation" in amazon.com, books category, you will get several books pertaining to Russia. So that gave me a preview of what I should expect of this book.
3) On the back cover the Publisher had the following printed: "Anastasia shows Vladimir a vivid scene of America's radiant future, revealing how the conflict between the powerful and the helpless and between the rich and the poor can be overcome and thereby lead to positive transformations in both individuals and society." This phrase should be promptly removed for future printings since that is too loaded a description to apply to the only text in the book about America (Chapter Seven, "The Billionaire").
1) There are many charming stories of this book and the rest of the RC series that are spiritual fables that Anastasia implies are waiting to be manifested with the help of positive thinking, Hope and Love.
2) If these books are as popular in Russia and Europe (as the publishers imply with their unabashedly glowing self-reviews at their website and here at Amazon.com) than the RC series may have a powerful call to action for the citizens of a world power and first world countries to live a life closer to the earth---and that could very well create a turning-point movement towards a more natural, greener, peaceful, prosperous and awakened humanity on Planet Earth.
3) I have read Anastasia, Book 1, and because of it am even more convinced that I will, within the next few years, have a larger garden to include more veggies and herbs and to be there everyday tending and planting, to go back to living in a rural setting, to create my own bee hive, to walk barefoot in the grass and the soil as often as possible.
All in all, from my personal experience, I have read many a book on spirituality and awakening and the Ringing Cedars is NOT the best of all of them. it carries some good messages, but you have to read through a lot of text to find the gems.
Again, my recommendation is that you go slow in purchasing the various books in the Ringing Series series and be sure to read up on other's reviews to see which book is best worth your time and money.