Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on March 18, 2017
Purchased this as a gift for a pastor friend. He had briefly looked at the original
book (20 years ago) but had never used it. After a few weeks using this source
for studying the Greek text, he was wondering how he'd survived without it!
Whether your Greek is healthy or arthritic, this is the tool to have.
on April 9, 2017
Great linguistics tool for GNT. Unfortunately the authors bias for verse meaning shines through to point where it's hard to ignore.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2017
I have only begun to use this tool, but so far I am very impressed. As a 2nd year seminary student, I've used numerous grammatical, lexical, exegetical tools and this one is becoming my go to. It is not exhaustive, but for the kind of translation and exegetical work that I am doing, it is excellent.
on January 20, 2012
New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament, The I have been an avid fan of the one volume edition of "The Linguistic Key to the Greek New Testament" by Fritz Reinecker, edited by Cleon Rogers,Jr. for more than 25 years. I was pretty well convinced that nothing in print could match its value for size. After a week's use of this new volume by Rogers Jr. and Rogers III, it appears to be an even more effective, first-line reference in terms of completeness and exegetical awareness. I am looking forward to wearing this volume out. My one WISH is that it be made available in a leatherbound volume, about 2/3 of its current size, even with smaller print as needed. AND that it be made available for both Logos Bible Software and for Kindle.

But what a good addition to the market!

WHSillings
on August 17, 2015
This book is very helpful when reading NT Greek. It parses verbs and gives commentary on the way. The comments are particularly helpful in explaining idioms, as well as suggesting the use of a word in the sentence (e.g., not just saying that it is genitive, but suggesting "genitive of relationship"). I use it almost daily in my studies and lesson preparation.
on February 2, 2013
I use this primarily as a help for reading through the GNT. Along with a basic lexicon or dictionary, this book will help others like myself who have a basic understanding, but not yet a mastery of Koine Greek, to read or do exegesis in the NT with greater facility and accuracy. The parsing/grammatical information along with some lexical data offers enough help to keep me reading with understanding, but not so much information so as to bog me down with exhaustive studies on each word or grammatical construction.
on June 20, 2017
Very helpful. Easy to use. Will be frequently consulted.
on November 5, 2015
This book provides the parsing for each verb in each passage of the New Testament. It is incredibly helpful. Such a great tool for biblical studies.
on September 24, 2014
The reader will receive the declined or conjugated noun or verb in the nominative singular or the first person singular so that he or she is assisted in finding the word in a dictionary and translating it as it is used in its context.
on January 4, 2015
This is an excellent book for anyone interested in the Greek Text behind our English Bible. I find it invaluable for translating. It is the best resource I have used in this regard.