+ $4.04 shipping
+ $3.97 shipping
About the Product
- Customizable Fitness Goals: The program will design a workout specifically for you.
- Real-time feedback and encouragement on your performance.
- Change goals at any point in the program without sacrificing all of your records.
- Compatible with Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus
- Actual video of real yoga & pilates trainers to both help you understand how to perform and to guide you through each exercise.
- Utilizes both the Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus to track your exact movements.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- 117 standard exercises
- 4 core skills exercises
- 3 personal trainers
- 1 breathing exercise
- 4 meditation poses
- 6 workout locations
- Customizable goals
- Compatible with Wii™ Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus™
- Customizable Fitness Goals: The program will design a workout specifically for you, blended from both worlds of pilates and yoga, based on one of ten different workout goals. The program even includes post-natal exercises for new mothers!
- Packed with Motivators: Rather than just drilling you through exercise after exercise with no feedback and no rewards, NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout provides you with real-time feedback and encouragement on your performance as well as a multitude of awards based on your execution of both individual exercises and entire classes, giving you motivation to strive for perfection.
- Program Flexibility and Variety: Feel like changing up your routine? Have your fitness goals changed since you've started using the program? NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout allows you to change goals at any point in the program without sacrificing all of your records, stats and progress.
- Technical Precision: NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout utilizes both the Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus to track your exact movements, ensuring precise execution of each and every pose and exercise.
- Both Learning and Doing: Forget cartoon avatars and animated demonstrations - NewU Mind Body Yoga & Pilates Workout uses actual video of real yoga & pilates trainers to both help you understand how to perform and to guide you through each exercise.
Top Customer Reviews
NewU Fitness Yoga and Pilates is actually the second "NewU" fitness game developed by Lightning Fish games to hit the US Market. The first was a game originally released in Europe as "NewU: Fitness First Personal Trainer". However, when Ubisoft (the US publisher) brought the game to the US they inexplicably changed its name "My Fitness Coach 2" (In a boneheaded move, they apparently attempted to cash in on the huge success of the original "My Fitness Coach", but ended up alienating fans of the original My Fitness Coach and short-circuiting any possible interest in the NewU title, which was a decent workout title on its own merits). Anyway, I'm happy to see that the new publisher, Deep silver, was wise enough to keep the original name for NewU Fitness First Yoga & Pilates.
In any case, if you have My Fitness Coach 2, you'll see similarities between that game and this game, most notably the "swooshing" 3-D menus and the cheeky reaction of the trainers after you've done something well.
When you start NewU Fitness First Yoga and Pilates, you first create a profile. You'll enter your name, sex, your "build" (skinny, average, or overweight), and you'll also select your experience level with yoga and Pilates (a complete beginner, someone who's taken a few classes, or an expert).Read more ›
So I was eager to try the New U Fitness First Yoga and Pilates. And I give it a resounding Yes!
Here's my take on this "game."
1. Even though I have practiced a little yoga, I began as a rank beginner and got a solid workout. I can see that as I improve, the yoga routines will become more challenging. Just what I wanted.
2. When you set up your profile, you can indicate your goal for your practice. For example, I want to lose weight, but someone else might practice to relieve stress.
3. You can see your weight in the profile section, and the program will track your progress.
4. It's not just exercises. There are a number of meditations, and each practice will end with the option of a meditation session.
5. The program offers a number of options for background, and the teacher has the look of a video rather than a flat cartoon. Put it all together and you have a very pleasant yoga session.
The yoga instructor moves faster than I like. Slowing it down a bit would increase the benefits of yoga.
I am pleased with this program and expect it will challenge me for months rather than weeks. I recommend you take a look if you're wanting more for your Wii.
This game has favorable reviews on the web and as someone who likes and practices Yoga on a regular basis, I decided to give it a try! I was pleased I did!
I have practiced Yoga on and off for 10 years, and regularly attend Yoga classes ranging from a basic Hatha 1 to a more challenging Vinyasa 3 However, I would like to practice more often but not all classes are convenient to my work schedule. I was looking for something that offered a challenge and a format that differed from a traditional workout DVD. I found it in this.
It begins in much the same way as other exercise related games - asking your height, body shape, taking your weight then asking what you are looking to achieve from your workout - there are some excellent options as you can chose to target problem areas such as a back issues or tummy toning, you can chose an all over toning, arm strength or even a workout to help alleviate stress - there are plenty of options and you can go back at any time to change your goals. Also importantly it asks what your past knowledge of yoga is to allow the game to challenge you in the right ways and allow for a workout that is appropriate to your skill level. There are also options to chose the instructor (accompanied by a brief bio) and backgrounds.
I picked experienced so my review is based on this.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very pleased with this yoga & pilates workout. Much better than I was expecting. I have tried some workout videos & end up dreading doing them & quit. This is a nice change. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Anita
I have the regular Wii fit and get annoyed with the stop and go on the Yoga and Strength Training workout. I decided to try this and it's a much better workout. Read morePublished on June 23, 2014 by Liz
Yoga is a great workout. This program can be adjusted in many ways to accommodate your abilities. Unlike other workout programs I am still using this a couple of times a week years... Read morePublished on May 28, 2014 by Duuuhhhhh
I have enjoyed using this game, I have a desk job and at times I have a back ache I go through one of the classes and it works out.Published on March 6, 2014 by Grandmalean