Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly Paperback – August 30, 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
If you’re still following the traditional PR methods, I'm sure you're finding that they are much less effective. To be much more successful, consider and use the new rules of media relations:
• Non-targeted, broadcast pitches are spam.
• News releases sent to reporters in subject areas they don't cover are spam.
• Reporters who don't know you yet are looking for organizations like yours and products like yours- make sure they will find you on sites like Google and Technorati.
• If you blog, reporters who cover the space will find you.
• Pitch bloggers, because being covered in important blogs will get you noticed by mainstream media.
• When was the last news release you sent? Make sure your organization is busy.
• Journalists want a great online media room.
• Include video and photos in your online media room.
• Some (but not all) reporters love RSS feeds.
• Personal relationships with reporters are important.
• Don't tell journalists what your product does. Tell them how you solve customer problems.
• Follow journalists on Twitter to learn what interests them.
• Does a reporter have a blog? Read it. Comment on it. Track back to it (send a message whenever you blog about a subject that the reporter blogged about first).
• Before you pitch, read (or listen to or watch) the publication (or radio or TV show) you'll be pitching to.
Once you know what a reporter is interested in, send them an individualized pitch crafted for their needs.
From the Back Cover
Market to win with the third edition of this modern-day business classic!
The one-of-a-kind guide to the future of marketing is back with the very latest digital trends in marketing and PR. Learn new tools and techniques to communicate with buyers directly, raise online visibility, and increase sales. For professionals, entrepreneurs, business owners, and professors alike, this pioneering guide offers actionable strategies that can be implemented immediately. In this new edition, author David Meerman Scott examines recent changes to the world of marketing and PR, including mobile marketing, new measurement tools, and fresh case studies. The New Rules of Marketing & PR once again brings you all the hottest insider tips so you can confidently market any product, service, or ideafor a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing and PR programs.
"You're not supposed to be able to do what David Meerman Scott is about to tell you in this book!"Robert Scoble, coauthor of Naked Conversations, Scobleizer.com
"This excellent look at the basics of new-millennial marketing should find use in the hands of any serious PR professional making the transition."Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"I've relied heavily on The New Rules of Marketing & PR as a core text for my New Media and Public Relations course at Boston University for the past six semesters. David's book is a bold, crystal-clear, and practical guide toward a new (and better) future for the profession."Stephen Quigley, Boston University
"When I read The New Rules for the first time, it was a 'eureka' moment for me at HubSpot. David nailed the fundamental shifts going on in the buyer-seller relationship and wrote the classic text to help marketers take advantage of them."Brian Halligan, CEO, HubSpot, and coauthor of Inbound Marketing
OVER A QUARTER MILLION COPIES IN PRINT IN MORE THAN 25 LANGUAGES