Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > SimCity: Limited Edition forum

New SimCity is going to be awesome!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2013, 8:19:43 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 2, 2016, 2:02:36 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 3:31:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 4, 2013, 3:31:46 PM PST
T. Lack says:
Well the reason everyone is against the Always On DRM is because you can only play it when they want you too. There's also the problem if the Origin client or your internet goes out you will lose all game progress after your last save. Another issue is, what happens if EA pulls the servers for SimCity? Guess what, the game you paid for and own will no longer work because EA decided to shut the servers down. Do you really think the servers will be up for SimCity 5 years from now? EA usually pulls servers for games that are more than 3-4 years old. So essentially, you are leasing the game. If that doesn't bother you than I don't know what to tell you!

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 3:44:48 PM PST
Devin R. says:
To play devil's advocate though, The Sims 2 was just recently shut down after 7 years. There is, of course, a newer Sims 3 out that most people are playing.
Spore is still up and running as far as I know, and it came out like 5 years ago.
This game is likely to be up for several years... and if it is pulled, it will be because a new SimCity has been out for a couple of years most likely.
If it lasts 5 years, I will have considered it to be worth my purchase, but that's me.
Everyone should know the limitations and make their own judgment about it.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 3:47:55 PM PST
T. Lack says:
I don't really care about the servers getting pulled, I care more about Origin being down all the time. There's been numerous occasions where I want to play BF3 and I can't because either Origin is down for maintenance or there's so error that prevents me starting Origin at all. I don't like being told when I can play a game that I paid for.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 4:32:24 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 2, 2016, 2:02:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013, 4:52:42 PM PST
T. Lack says:
SimCity is a multiplayer game since when? SimCity has never been a multiplayer game till they added some gimmicky features to justify using always on DRM. Always on DRM is not the future and I'm not sure where you get that idea. Explain to me what that type of DRM does to stop piracy? Now explain to me what that type of DRM does to hurt legitimate owners? Do you really think the online features are anything more then something that was added to put the always on DRM in the game?

Either way, SimCity isn't a online game. The online features add nothing to the game, just takes away everything that was fun about the other games. If you like the idea of having tiny maps then you have never played SimCity 4. There's no way you could possibly like having 1/3 of the map size if you played other games in the series.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013, 5:16:31 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 2, 2016, 2:01:56 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013, 9:31:59 PM PST
T. Lack says:
Yes I played the beta. There was a few things improved on over SC4 but it doesn't feel like a SimCity game. There's nothing about the game that felt like SimCity to me and it just felt like a different game using an established name to sell copies.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2013, 11:26:05 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2013, 3:22:31 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 11, 2013, 7:38:16 PM PST
Craig Dude says:
this is the 1st simcity game i have brought hope its good

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013, 9:58:26 PM PST
Eric DiPier says:
You brought it? Where did you bring it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
1.5 out of 5 stars (4,132)