From the Back Cover
They come into the world smoking a cigar and yelling about the temperature in the delivery room. As toddlers, their greatest delights include painting the carpet with Mom’s makeup and trying to flush the family cat down the toilet. As older children and teenagers, they are irritable, defiant, and seemingly bent on challenging all forms of authority.
Challenging as they are to raise, strong-willed children can grow up to be men and women of strong character―if lovingly guided with understanding and the right kind of discipline.
Find out what Dr. James Dobson, today’s most trusted authority on parenting, has to say about:
- What makes strong-willed children the way they are
- Shaping the will while protecting the spirit
- Avoiding the most common parenting mistake
- Disciplining the strong-willed child
- Sibling rivalry
- Strong-willed adolescents
- Strong-willed children and ADHD