Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$35.99+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 930 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 1, 2006
I mainly bought this game because of the mini games. I had so much fun with them on the Super Mario version. I was dissapointed to see they were repeats, but they are still fun, of course. Anyway, I started to play the actual game and i was just blown away. I read the other reviews and I was expecting some real downers like the game being too short and other problems, but I have to dissagree. Even though the game reminds me mostly of Super Mario 3 of the original Nintendo, it has a lot of elements with the very first Super mario game. For instance, it has 8 worlds, a castle of course being at the end of each world, and a flag you jump to at the end of each level. Like the future Mario games, there are more than four levels in each world. What's cool is, you can go back to these levels and explore things you missed the first time. I like that there is a mushroom that makes you a giant and a mushroom that makes you a tiny mario. I thought it was cool when I saw the teeny tiny pipe only little mario can squeeze into. Anyway, like the original mario game, the first level in the world is rather easy, but gets harder with each level until you get to the castle. I'm still on World two, because I'm not getting the three special coins in all the levels and I'd like to unlock some bonuses with them. My favorite part of the game is the fact that you can save a flower power, big mushroom, mushroom etc on the lower screen (only one at a time though) and when your guy is in trouble, touch it and down if falls on mario. Also, every time you go into a pipe, unless it shoots you into the sky, mario goes down and the game appears on the lower screen. I think that was a very cool idea. It's just a really fun game. It's worth every penny. I can overlook that he cant fly, because he couldn't in the original mario game, but he becomes a giant, so who cares. Everything you have to do is where you can reach it most of the time. So in conclusion, I only gave four stars overall because, the mini games are repeats and I agree with other critics that it's annoying when you can't save from anywhere. That's why I try to get all the special coins. When you have five coins, you can unlock a bonus spot in the game, and before you get your bonus, they ask you if you want to save. You also can save when you defeat a castle or the smaller castle in the middle of the worlds. But still, that's not convenient at all. It's still worth the money and I can live with those two exceptions. Thanks for reading.
on July 7, 2007
I have always played the puzzle type games (Tetris etc.) but decided to try this game with the new DS system. I became addicted....I love it. This is the first Mario game I have played so can't compare it to other Mario games but I have played such games as Shrek and Lord of the Rings and find the Mario game more fun and easier to play.

I am older (57) so don't have the skills of some of the younger users but enjoyed sharing it with my nephew as we compared gameplay. He always beat me of course....:-)
on July 7, 2016
A little different than the original Super Mario Brothers games I was use to playing, but I suppose that's why they named it NEW Super Mario Bros.
It's a great game with great graphics and fun for everyone! I orig. purchased this new in 2006 and am still playing it time to time 10 years later. That's gotta say something!
on September 9, 2016
My family loves this Super Mario Bros game. I purchased it back in 2014. I played nintendo Super Marios growing up, so when I saw this, I bought for more kids, when I knew that I myself wanted to play this game. I love playing it with my kids. We have four Wii remotes, so I can play with my three kids (ages 14,12, and 9). We have playing it off and on for the last two years. We have solved it, but yet they still continue to play it. When they have friends over, this is the game that the play with most on the Wii. Sometimes they argue (you took my mushroom, you took my flower, etc), but overall we all have fun and work together to search for the coins and pass each world. If you ever played Mario brothers growing up, then you will defiantly want to give this game a try.
on July 11, 2016
I've always been a fan of the Mario franchise, and this was one of the first games I picked up when I bought a DS. I beat it, but somewhere along the way it got lost so I purchased it again.

If you've ever played Mario (the regular ones, not the newer 3D ones), you know what to expect from this. Each level is fairly short but as you go along, they increase in difficulty. Once you beat the game, it's fun to go back and gather missed items. It's also possible to unlock other worlds as you go along.

This game is becoming harder to find, so if you're on the fence, go ahead and get it before the jerks that resell at outrageous prices snatch up the reasonably priced ones.
on August 4, 2016
Fun game, simple yet challenging with many hours of pure fun entertainment. I was very late on purchasing this game as I bought it ten years after it first released. It's similar to the old classic Super Mario Bros. but, with added bonuses like wall jumps, added power ups, mini boss fights mid way through the world, then the actual boss fight at the end of the World. It's like the old classic Mario, but newer like the tittle of the game states. It's great and easy to get the hang of for children. It also works with any Nintendo DS console new or old! The game's graphics do feel outdated when compared to the new Mario games available on the 3DS. However much better than any current hand held Mario game available on 3DS. This game is a must add to your Nintendo DS library. You won't regret this purchase!
on May 11, 2015
I grew up on Super Mario Bros... Super Mario Bros 2... Super Mario Bros 3... Super Mario World... Super Mario 64... and then for a while I quit playing Nintendo. It was the time of PS2 and XBox, and I have not played a Nintendo game in several years now.

I bought my youngest son a Nintendo DS not long ago - and this was one of the games I got him for it.

Unlike most nostalgic feelings - this has been a real treat to revisit this part of my childhood. My son was playing it, and asked me to get him past a certain part. I was immediately hooked and continued playing until I had beat several more levels. Since then I have been grabbing his DS at every opportunity and playing further along - and am about halfway through the game so far.

It is classic Mario - if you ever played any of the original games you'll know the score - however new music, some new moves (downward slams, wall jumping, etc.) as well as delightful moments such as getting the super big mushroom which makes Mario as tall as the screen - while you laugh like crazy and burst through everything - walls, blocks, enemies, etc. like King Kong on crack add a whole new depth to the game - and keep the 80's classic fresh in its newest form. If you grew up on the old games like I did - you will squeal with delight when you see a new enemy that was only in a select level or two from one of the older games - that brings the memories back fresh.

I am extremely pleased at how such a classic character can be brought back in a fresh new way - and invigorate this franchise which is still going strong after two, nearly three decades.

I had absolutely no interest in the Nintendo DS and only bought my son one because he had been really good this year. Now that I've tried out this game - I find myself browsing through Amazon for new DS games to try.

I wholeheartedly recommend this game for the DS... although I will warn you that you will find yourself wanting to feed your new addiction with more games for the system.
on March 7, 2016
The game arrived in a reasonable length of time and works flawlessly in the sense that there are no signs of bugs so far. The jumping in this game is a bit sensitive, leaving little room for error when there are a lot of pitfalls or enemies near, but the game still has everything the original Super Mario Bros had and more, and temperamental as they are, the controls are still a vast improvement over any SNES Mario game.
on January 15, 2016
This game has several levels and two worlds that are hidden! It is a game that will keep you playing even after beating it for the fun or to be able to collect the 3 star coins that are in each level! The game has great music while playing and progressively gets harder in a way that players can improve. This game is perfect for anyone whether you have experience in a Mario bros. games or not. You can also play as Luigi in this game and there are also mini-games when you feel like playing them and multiplayer for playing with others that also have the game. Overall it is a great game and although there are shortcuts to beat the game quick, you can always replay levels or new levels that you haven't yet discovered.
on August 15, 2016
This game is pretty cool. It works fine on my 3DS. So far, it has been a lot of fun to play. It's just like the original Mario games from years ago, with a few added features. I would recommend the game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.