Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

New Super Mario Bros
Format: Video Game|Change

Top Contributor: Petson July 11, 2016
I've always been a fan of the Mario franchise, and this was one of the first games I picked up when I bought a DS. I beat it, but somewhere along the way it got lost so I purchased it again.

If you've ever played Mario (the regular ones, not the newer 3D ones), you know what to expect from this. Each level is fairly short but as you go along, they increase in difficulty. Once you beat the game, it's fun to go back and gather missed items. It's also possible to unlock other worlds as you go along.

This game is becoming harder to find, so if you're on the fence, go ahead and get it before the jerks that resell at outrageous prices snatch up the reasonably priced ones.
on November 2, 2016
Just as frustrating and hard as original lol good game
This game is primarily played by my 6 year old. He enjoys it and finds it challenging but fun. You have to help Mario rescue the princess from the evil turtle, Bowser. He's never made it all the way through the game yet, but he may be a bit younger than the age group Nintendo was aiming for. Give him time! He said he did kill Bowser once, and for that he is quite proud, but he came back to life.
on November 13, 2017
I own every version of the Nintendo DS since it first came out. This game came with my first DS. I have since sold it, but always missed it. Bought another copy! It remains one of the best games out there for the DS system.
on April 24, 2014
This game was a big deal at the time of its release. It was a return to the traditional side-scrolling Mario with new and creative elements to bring everyone's favorite Italian plumber into the modern age. Unfortunately, I picked the game up many years after the fact. In light of games like Mario 3D Land and 3D World, this game feels a little stale. It's still enjoyable, as all Mario games are, but feels more nostalgic than anything else. It's also a rather short game, so keep that in mind if you're a gamer looking for a long playtime. I would definitely recommend for DS or 3DS owners who haven't played it, but there are many better Mario games out there at this point.
on September 23, 2016
The battle mode mini game catching all the stars first is the most fun thing here for me! I really like that!!!!
on December 17, 2014
I bought this game several years ago when the DS first came out. My comment here is about Amazon's search engine. I specifically stated PS4 games.... yet Amazon threw that request out the window and brought up games for ALL systems! I guess Amazon must have a webmaster with an IQ in the low 2 digit range! THIS particular game is good for the DS, but I wasn't looking for DS games....the first two pages were everything EXCEPT PS4 games!! What a doofus he or she must be!!!
on September 2, 2017
I honestly have no idea how to advance. I got past the first "round" but it doesn't save so I have to do it over every time I play. Please help lol
on January 26, 2014
The only problem that I have with this game is Mario's controls. He is too floatie, gamer's will know what I mean. It drives me up the walls and I can't play it for long periods of time like I want. The game itself is fun and love how it reminds me of the OLD Mario games that my dad had for the old Nintendo systems. I just wish that when I have Mario move just a small amount that he doesn't go feather than I wanted him to and ends up getting me killed and losing lives that I'll need for later on harder levels.
Other than that it came on time along with the other things that I ordered. No problems getting it delivered to my mailbox.
on January 14, 2018
My 11 year old grandson loves Super Mario Bros. He's really enjoying this game. So happy I got this game for him.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.