Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,765 reviews
on August 20, 2013
When we bought our Nintendo Wii the feature I was most excited about was the original NES titles that could be downloaded from the Nintendo online store. I grew up playing Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 and loved them as a kid. Even as an adult they are a blast.

Then, my wife told me about a newer Mario Bros game for the Wii that she had played at her sisters house. She said it was similar to how the older games were designed, being that you can only go forwards and backwards and up and down pipes. This excited me and I immediately got on Amazon and ordered it.

I must say that I really like this game. The style play is similar to the old titles, but with lots of additions. You can have four players on the screen at time as you go through the level bumping boxes and getting power ups and coins. There are 8 worlds to explore, just like the older titles and you move through the map in a similar way as Mario 3 for NES. There is also a Coin Battle mode where each player on the screen tries to collect the most coins throughout certain levels and the player with the most by the levels finish is the winner (appeals to my wife's competitive nature).

The only thing I wish it had were some of the other power ups from the Mario 3. The Leaf and The Bear are two of my favorite power ups that are missing from this game.

Overall it is great and if you like Mario Bros games, chances are you will like this one.

The service from Amazon was great. The game was promptly delivered and the packaging was perfect.
on October 15, 2014
This game is great for those of us that grew up with the original Nintendo version of Super Mario Bros!!! It’s an updated version but still has the simplicity of the original 2d scrolling style as opposed to some video games that are so complicated and feel the need to be 3d. My 7 year old nephew enjoys this game a lot, but his parents and myself enjoy playing just as much as he does! It’s great that there is the multiplayer option, so we can help him get past the parts that he can’t do alone. Multi-player is actually really fun for adults or older children as well because you can play “every man for himself” style and knock the other player off ledges, into enemies, etc. if you want to make it more interesting, or you can use each other (jump on each other’s heads, etc.) to reach bonus items or higher ledges that you couldn’t on your own.

I find this game the right amount of difficult for older/more experienced players, but not too difficult for the younger players to not be able to play at all (even though they will need help as the levels do get harder).

I also enjoy that this is a traditional style video game and the wii remote moving is limited to shaking it occasionally, not having to jump around the room to get your character to do something, but I know some people have complained about that.
on May 14, 2017
This is my second copy of this game, and I'm so glad I found it new on here before I have to pay scalper prices. In my opinion, this is hands down one of the best Mario games for the Wii, and Wii U. I've played Mario since the NES, and I look forward to each new title. It's just challenging enough that you don't get bored, but not so challenging that you throw your controller through the TV in frustration.

I love this game so much, I may go ahead and buy an additional copy to have so that I am never without it in the future.
on January 31, 2014
I've been playing Mario games for over 20 years. My son and I love Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy games on Wii.

This is classic side-scrolling Mario with excellent controls and standard great gameplay, as Nintendo often delivers. The only issue is that this game is hard. You will end up playing the same levels over and over. Thankfully the levels are relatively short, so it's not terrible, but it does become frustrating at times.

Also, the boss battles are surprisingly easy compared to the regular levels. That's not bad though, because if you run out of saves then you have to start the level over from the start.

It's also nice that you can play co-op. So, again, this is a fun game but it's by no means a walkthrough.
on November 20, 2009
I bought a wii about two months ago with the sole purpose of playing mario kart and old nes and snes games off the net. I saw that this game was coming and bought several other of the mario titles because I was just really fiending for mario. The other games are very good but this is what I was looking for, really. It has that same super mario feel the older ones had, especially 3 and mario world had with some new stuff and wii controls. I don't own a ds so I can't compare to that version of super mario but I can say this game is pure fun. It's like in mario in that if you're not paying attention and being careful you can die easily and only being able to save your game when you beat a castle is kinda silly I think but nintendo wants you to play this game. Getting extra men is easy, I've played this game twice with a combined playing time of about 4 hours and I have about 45 extra men. I would have more but the first two hours I played were kinda wasted in that it didn't save because I didn't beat the castle otherwise I would have another 20 guys. Those additional 40 or whatever were gained in about two hours. I like this game and it seems like it's getting easier to control the more I play it. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed old school super mario and anybody who is just looking for a good wii game. I still have yet to try it on multi-player mode but I bet it's pretty fun too.

Thank You Nintendo, I imagine all of Japan would turn on you if you messed this up but you didn't. This game has, so far, lived up to all the hype.
on March 14, 2010
I just LOVE this game! It is, however, a recreation of the older games and even of the Nintendo DS game and the original Nintendo game, hince the name "Super Mario Bros. Wii." There is such a striking resemblance of the DS game until my son and I play both games side by side! Each of the worlds are similar - for example, the first world in both the DS and Wii version is a land version, while land 2 is a sand world, while the 3rd world is ice and so on. This is the only Wii game that I have become engaged in in some time. I play it almost everyday and even catch myself finding reasons to limit my son's play time so that I can play alone more! It made me nastalgic, I recalled my own childhood when we first got our own Nintendo. There is a way to get 99 men and my son - the KING OF ALL VIDEO GAMES EVER INVENTED - couldn't figure out how to get it, and I did! It was a blast! Now whenever he needs 99 men he calls ME to help him instead of vise versa. It's a great family game and that's why I love Nintendo!
on February 1, 2015
I have had this game since it first came out for the Wii and have played it a number of times. Today I thought it would be fun to read some 1 star reviews... I did and I'm thinking some children got ahold of there parents computers to ramble. One of the reviews talked about how difficult it was after they beat level one and decided to give up on the game. Another complained about having fat fingers and accidentally pressing the wrong buttons. There were quite a few others but after reading those I felt it only fair to write a review in the games defense.

When first getting the game I was a little unsure how a multi player would work and be fun for all ages. Some people are better than others and you would think having a poor player play would influence your game play in a negative way, but it doesn't. In some cases it helps you allowing you to come back to life while the other persons character is still on the screen. It can be challenging at times but remains extremely fun.

Playing as a single player you are able to play at your own pace and it feels just like the old games. It only takes seconds to remember the timing from when we were kids.

I highly recommend this game for all ages
on January 18, 2016
I am a lover of all things Mario. This game was absolutely a great transition from the older consoles to the new Wii and I actually still play it on my new generation WiiU. This game shows for multiple players, which works absolutely WONDERFUL if you've got a few kids wanting to play at the same time. This game is fun for kids of all ages, from 1 to 99.
on July 21, 2014
Great game. I only have one complaint:
The game has this feature when playing multiplayer, where if you fall be hind, you can push the 'A' button and shake the Wiimote to float toward the other player(s) and catch up. However, if the other player(s) have lost their lives or are in the bubble, you lose that level. This is fine, however, the A button is large, and extremely close to the fairly small d-pad. I'm a fairly big guy with fairly big hands, and I find myself constantly accidentally pushing that button, which has resulted in losing lives multiple times, a lot of frustration, and annoyance.

Thankfully, this feature doesn't exist when playing single player mode, which is actually a bit easier by default. I don't have a large screen, so when characters are separated in multiplayer, they tend to be quite small and a bit more difficult to see.

Otherwise, the game is very fun to play; it is reminiscent of the old side scroller Mario games we all know and love from the 80's and early 90's. The controls take a little getting used to, as they seem to try and add some sort of realism to the way your character moves - for example, when Mario starts running, he starts of very slowly, and begins to speed up, then slows down again when he stops. So, at first, the controls are a bit awkward, but once you get into the groove of it, you'll really start enjoying it.
on March 10, 2015
This game is filled with fun for the whole family! Four player game, (wii remotes sold separately) with characters Luigi, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, and of course Mario. Do not be fooled by forums claiming you can "unlock" Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, etc. as they are false claims. Bowser and his minions have captured Princess Peach and you have to survive 8 strange worlds to rescue her. Each world has a different theme, a minor castle, and a major castle. The game is also filled with road houses providing star power, matching game for powerups, or shooting yourself out of a cannon to get extra lives. Each world has a secret passageway (black pipe). SPOILER ALERT!!!! There is a extra ninth world you will encounter after beating the game. The way it works is, there are 3 star coins in each level in the eight worlds. When you collect all the stars in a world, you unlock a new LEVEL in the level nine world. This game is packed with adventure! Highly, highly recommended!!!!! Any Mario fan will adore.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.