Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Format: Video Game|Change

on August 20, 2013
When we bought our Nintendo Wii the feature I was most excited about was the original NES titles that could be downloaded from the Nintendo online store. I grew up playing Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 and loved them as a kid. Even as an adult they are a blast.

Then, my wife told me about a newer Mario Bros game for the Wii that she had played at her sisters house. She said it was similar to how the older games were designed, being that you can only go forwards and backwards and up and down pipes. This excited me and I immediately got on Amazon and ordered it.

I must say that I really like this game. The style play is similar to the old titles, but with lots of additions. You can have four players on the screen at time as you go through the level bumping boxes and getting power ups and coins. There are 8 worlds to explore, just like the older titles and you move through the map in a similar way as Mario 3 for NES. There is also a Coin Battle mode where each player on the screen tries to collect the most coins throughout certain levels and the player with the most by the levels finish is the winner (appeals to my wife's competitive nature).

The only thing I wish it had were some of the other power ups from the Mario 3. The Leaf and The Bear are two of my favorite power ups that are missing from this game.

Overall it is great and if you like Mario Bros games, chances are you will like this one.

The service from Amazon was great. The game was promptly delivered and the packaging was perfect.
on May 31, 2016
When our kids finally wore out our first Super Mario Bros game, our daughter knew she just had to buy it again for her sister to replace it! Not sure if the gift was REALLY for her sister... as they play it TOGETHER! Haha ... but it is admittedly the most played game of the dozens we own... whether by our teen daughters, by us as the parents, or by the little cousins (who happened to get their own for Christmast this year after playing it our house)! Admittedly one of the best of the best Wii games!
on August 18, 2016
Having grown up with the first Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), as soon as I saw this game, I knew I needed to have it. It's just as addictive as Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3. It keeps the family entertained on game night, and these are the kinds of games that remind me why I bought a Wii in the first place, instead of a PlayStation or Xbox. I've only given it 4/5 because this game is already somewhat outmoded because of the Wii U. But whether you have a Wii or Wii U, consider this a must-have for your collection. I also highly recommend Nintendo Selects: Super Mario All-Stars.
on May 25, 2011
I'm sorry I put off buying this game so long just because it cost more than many other games. It is awesome! I played the original Super Mario Bros and have played every Mario since then. This is absolutely the best. It meshed together all of the greatest aspects in the history of the game and threw in some new very cool ones.

Noticeable first is the layout that looks like Super Mario 64, with the map on the screen. Then that the 2nd player gets to choose the character to play with, circa Mario 2. He can fly reminiscent of Mario 3, but this time with a helicopter hat instead of a tail. He has fire power, but now he also has snowball power - able to freeze things instead of melt them. One of the coolest and yet most challenging parts of the game is that Mario and Luigi play TOGETHER. Not taking turns as has always happened. And you can have up to 4 people playing.

Various levels, has the ship at the end of the level like Mario 3, but also has the castles, too. Oh! And remember jumping on the flag at then of levels in the original Super Mario Bros? Yep, that's back. The match game from Mario 3 is here, too.

The music isn't too irritating like some newer games. The graphics are great for Mario. Lot sof tunnel hopping, jumping on Yoshi is here. Just any good thing you can think of from previous Mario versions is here. Plus more. In Mario 3, Mario and Luigi had separate 'thing' lists, mushrooms, flowers, stars, and such. Now Mario and Luigi share it. If Mario gets a Mushroom, so does Luigi. When you jump and hit a box in a level, both players get something. When you get 100 coins and get a 1up, both players do. The coins you collected in Mario 2, those are here. It has a very classic Mario feel but with new features. None of that Mario DS stuff.

I highly recommend it. And I bought it here on Amazon for a little over $30 using Swagbucks and it came with free shipping.
on November 18, 2012
I grew up playing Mario...I remember when we first connected the Nintendo to our (haha, 20" squarish TV...) in late 1980s.

Now, my five year old and I are playing Mario games on the Wii. This game is excellent because the levels are all very creative and fun. Most importantly, my son and I can play together, as in both on the screen at the same time instead of "taking turns." I think this is much more fun than watching each other play.

I have to hand it to the Nintendo engineers: they came up with this "bubble" for the game-play. During any level, my son can simply press the "A" button to "get in a bubble," which makes him invincible and allows him to float around. If he shakes the controller, he flies towards my player and I can "Pop" his bubble and allow him play again. I hope I explained this right...basically, any part of a board that is too challenging, and he can "get in a bubble" and catch up to me. Now, he so good that he tells me to "get in a bubble" to catch up to him (and I listen). You can also "get in a bubble" if Mario is about to fall down a pit etc. This feature makes this game extremely kid friendly.

Overall, we love this game and have played many hours. Once you complete a level, you can play it again and again, as you know kids like repetition....
I only have one real criteria for a Wii game. Can I have fun playing it with my wife and friends? That's the reason I got a Wii instead of an Xbox 360 or a PlayStation 3. To me, the Wii is more like a board game than a video game system, something to be shared and enjoyed with other, instead of the countless solitary hours demanded by most video game systems. There was a time when I would have happily devoted 40-plus hours by myself playing a video game, but those times are gone.

I was let down a bit by Mario Kart Wii, due to its dependence on winning the single-player mode in order to unlock the new carts and courses used in multi-player mode. Because of that I was a little wary to buy another Mario product, but I am happy to say that meets that "New Super Mario Bros" has none of those limitations. This is just pure gaming good times.

First off the nostalgia hits pretty hard. I couldn't possibly count how many hours of my life I spent perfecting "Super Mario Bros" for the NES. What made the game awesome was all of the hidden bits (negative levels, anyone?) and getting your patterns and timing right. The "New Super Mario Bros" retains all of that fun and excitement, improving where necessary but keeping the flavor and challenge that made the old "Super Mario Bros" so exciting.

Having the multi-player option is a total game-changer. You seriously need to work together to complete the worlds, going at the same pace and timing your jumps so that you don't knock your partner down. This gets especially challenging in some of the ice and air worlds where a simple mistake can send your partner tumbling to death.

The game world is big enough that you can spend a lot of time playing around in it, going back and forth between the levels and advancing at your own pace. We finished several of the levels with a few missing Star Coins, and have gone back to try and find them. Just like the old "Super Mario Bros," there are enough game secrets buried here to keep you guessing for quite a while.

All in all my wife and I have devoted a lot of hours to "New Super Mario Bros," and will spend a lot more before we are done. This one was definitely worth the purchase.
on January 23, 2010
As you can tell by all the other positive reviews, this game is n addictive classic right off the bat; time flies by playing this game, which can be destructive if you have work the next day.

I won't go into a long review, so just add my name to the list of people here that have found this to be a modern day retro flashback; everything you liked about the old NES games are here, only sharper and better than ever; the game controls quite well, and the music and creature antics always provide for some amusing moments. Great multi player too, generally instantly accessible to people who have no or little gaming experience. In fact, this game pretty much would win over any gamer skeptic...

As usual, the games tests your ability to multi-task as far as things happening on the screen; it can be no easy feat, and memorization often plays a key role in completing some levels; the tutorial option in some levels is cool for those who may need it.

Huge worlds, highly re-playable(boarders on obsession at times--'just one more level' is a common phrase playing this game...), and very colorful. Lots of hidden items and mini-games too. Funny voice stuff at times, although not much. Mostly just the sound effects that you have come to know and love--from smashing bricks, power-ups, and collecting coins. Music to a gamer's ears. And the classic music, redux. Good times.

Between this game and the new Ratchet & Clank, there has never been a better time to take a trip back to the concept of platformer games.

So grab a few friends and some milk and cookies...or whatever(who am I to advocate what you ingest during this game...). Throw this in and watch the time fly by, in a good way, of course.
on March 10, 2015
This game is filled with fun for the whole family! Four player game, (wii remotes sold separately) with characters Luigi, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, and of course Mario. Do not be fooled by forums claiming you can "unlock" Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, etc. as they are false claims. Bowser and his minions have captured Princess Peach and you have to survive 8 strange worlds to rescue her. Each world has a different theme, a minor castle, and a major castle. The game is also filled with road houses providing star power, matching game for powerups, or shooting yourself out of a cannon to get extra lives. Each world has a secret passageway (black pipe). SPOILER ALERT!!!! There is a extra ninth world you will encounter after beating the game. The way it works is, there are 3 star coins in each level in the eight worlds. When you collect all the stars in a world, you unlock a new LEVEL in the level nine world. This game is packed with adventure! Highly, highly recommended!!!!! Any Mario fan will adore.
on December 5, 2009
I love Mario games and have been playing them since they first came out. This game is fun for the whole family, though, playing with multiple players at once has its pros and cons. First, playing with kids can be a little frustrating, but, there aren't many games out there that I can play with all my kids at once (ages 11, 8 and 4). I'm not really sure what people are talking about in regards the controller not working right with Mario or being weak. My daughter with williams syndrome can play this game without any trouble and my 4 year old can beat castles. For my husband and I, the game is a tad on the easy side, with some levels being a little more challenging. What I really like about the game is that when the kids are having trouble and dragging through the level, we just tell them to get in their bubbles and they float right threw parts that would be too hard for them. On some levels, you have to balance and run fast and again, this is when it works to have slower players float in their bubbles. My daughters all love the game and play it every day. I think it is a perfect addition to our Wii game collection and am so happy we bought it. Honestly I would have paid more for the game because we like it so much and I can't say that about most of our Wii games.
on May 24, 2015
My grand-babies and I love this game. We have a totally FAB time playing it... even when we're scraping over it, or who's turn it is to get a power-up, of any variety. My mom ( aka, the babies great-grand-ma or GIgi for short ) is completely befuddled as to what all the fuss is about. SO even though it brings out the fighter in us all ( or in other words, me and my two most favorite people in the world... James and Jilly ) we ultimately end up rotfl at all our crazy maneuvers and down right silly shenanigans.
I recommend this game to anyone and everyone, quite definitely and most especially those with one or more bff's to share in all the fun with...!! :o)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.