Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 636 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 757 reviews
on September 2, 2013
I've seen so many reviews complaining about the repetitiveness of the Super Mario Bros. titles. My argument is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Also, every SMB sequel is somebody's first.

My daughter's for instance.

My daughter got a 3DS and a couple of games for her birthday. We may have just as well super glued the SMB2 cartridge in place in the 3DS, because it has yet to come out. She...loves...it! (Let me interject right here--we only give her one hour a day of game time...and that has to be earned!) Practically every day for the last 2 months, she has played this game. She draws pictures of the characters and runs around trying to sound like Mario all day long.

I've played it a little bit, when she needs help getting through a course. For all the new power-ups, enemies and snazzy graphics, it feels and plays just like the old Super Mario Bros. on the NES from my childhood. What a cool way to connect with my kid.

You're not going to get a lot of bang for your buck if you're looking for games that really utilize the 3D technology. But if you want some good old fashioned, side-scrolling Mario action, or you want to introduce a kid to the Mushroom Kingdom, I give this game my highest recommendation.

Whatever that's worth.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 29, 2016
Countless of hours entertainment for me. I wish it had some lasting play or something to replay, but unfortunately, once the game is completed, there aren't more things to do. However, it's a standard Mario game with excellent level play and fun secrets.

Highly recommended! Enjoy!
on May 18, 2014
I must be quick to admit that I am not a big fan of the New SMB series. That being said, this iteration has proven to be my favorite so far. I really feel that the New Super Mario Bros. series is best on their portable versions, as their ease and relatively simple gameplay are great for on-the-go gaming. This game is, first and foremost, very fun. Second, the coin collecting mechanic makes more very interesting gameplay. Third, the fact that this game has DLC, extends the life of the title (in short, the main game 100% takes only around 15 hours). I would have given this game a four, as I feel that this is not really one of the most inventive, or otherwise "freshest" entry in the series, but considering what this game is aiming at (old-school Mario that appeals to all ages), I think it merits a five for being a very fun game.
on December 20, 2012
Many previous Super Mario games had a simple premise: Find Princess Peach and rescue her. Along the way, you collected power ups and stomped your way to Bowser. In this installment of the Super Mario Bros. franchise, there is more than just the standard Mario game. This game has... COINS! Lots and lots of coins! The game keeps a running count of all the coins you have collected throughout the game and even boasts a "Coin Rush" mode where you can challenge yourself to speed run through 3 levels and collect as many coins as you possibly can with only 1 life! With limited time and powerups, the Coin Rush mode is definitely where the challenge is in the New Super Mario Bros. 2. And with the addition of courses available as DLC, you can continue to play the game well after you have rescued Princess Peach and have defeated Bowser. Because the coin rush mode is so addicting, you will continuously try to score more coins and rise in the leader boards. The coin rush mode definitely adds a new twist to the Super Mario franchise and adds to the replay value of the New Super Mario Bros 2 game. A must buy for all Super Mario fans of all ages!
on December 23, 2012
You can't except much from the mario game that the mario thing existed sense 1985. Still overall fun too play with, the leaf as everybody knows is from mario 3(NES) but it appears on this recent game as well.

Still its a great game, I'm not soo good at telling about reviews but what the hell. And the game isnt as much challaging as the old mario wii game because after you get killed so many times the white leaf appears and allows you too walk pass the level.

If you want *NEW LEVELS* and sick of same old super mario wii levels then I surggeest you purpose the game from amaZoN, I seen on youtube, super mario bros frustation, look like the classic game but the levels are some how hacked an who ever hacked the game can make they own levels.

All the game looks like is a hacked mario bros wii game with new courses and extra items.

Super mario bros. the lost levels look like the original mario game except wind and poison mushroom, new courses, that includes world 9, A, B, C and world D.
on July 27, 2015
It was a lot of fun! Pro's Coin collection is better then I thought it would be, There's So many worlds, It's a great game to play with your friend on the go. Cons. In multiplayer the screen only follows one person which is a huge let down the worse con of the whole game, You cant do that mid air jump like you can in the Wii by shaking the remote and the back round looks blurry when you have the 3D I guess it was supposed to be and effect but it's unnatural because when you look at Mario your focus will change and it will blur out anyways so now you cant really look at it but its not a bad con just a small one.
on August 8, 2015
My 9 year old's feedback: Good game. Only 4 out of 5 stars because it is kind of like Super Mario Bros WiiU - a little bit repetitive. If you have the WiiU version, this game is exactly the same.
on April 30, 2017
I just bought my son a new Nintendo 3ds because he had been playing my older lite version and wanted this game but was not compatible with the lite version. He takes his DS3 and this game with him everywhere. It's not too hard for a six year old to play but difficult enough to keep him challenged.
on May 27, 2013
I'm much more a fan of the 2D side-scrolling Mario titles than I am the 3D free roam-esque titles akin to Super Mario 64. I remember buying my old Wii to try Super Mario Galaxy 2 and simply...shut the game off after a few hours. I felt like the game was lacking something, but it had everything. Then I bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii and fell in love. THAT was the Mario experience I'd been looking for! I hold Super Mario 64 in its own regard for the 3D titles, but all of the other ones afterward haven't been to my liking for some reason that I really can't figure out. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the side-scrolling experience that I fell in love with back in '92.

This game is fantastic. It doesn't earn five stars specifically because, like most reviewers have stated, it doesn't do enough to add anything to the series. It feels more of an expansion-port of New Super Mario Bros. Wii than a standalone sequel, but that's more than alright because of how well designed the levels are. It amazes me that after all these years Nintendo developers can still come up with brilliant levels that all result in a fun way to reach the top of the famous flagpole. I do enjoy the aspect of "coin greed" they seem to have implemented with this package, but more for a fun little gimmick than a real game play element. This game is nothing but fun. That's why I bought it over Super Mario 3D Land (though will have to try the latter). When I think of Mario, I think of the first game I ever beat in my entire life; Super Mario World. I think of side-scrolling action with unique, fun ways to get out of the traps laid masterfully laid before you in each title.

Though this game doesn't add very much 'newness' to the New Super Mario Bros. series, it's still a fantastic title. I like that I can play this game in short spurts. I typically play a few levels in a row, quick save, then fold my 3DS until I play again. It's very quick, accessible, and fun. I'm 21 and this game appeals to me much more than these gritty, action-y games coming out for the more adult oriented demographic.
on March 5, 2016
I loved the first Super Mario Bros. game so much I decided to get the next one! The story is almost exactly the same as the first game with a few changes. You have more bosses to beat, and you also have a few new special moves/abilities, which is nice. Over all I play my Super Mario Bros. games to relax and they are perfect for it! It's not too detailed to where the game is hard but it's still detailed enough to keep your brain working. I hope there's more Mario Bros. games coming soon!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.