Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$29.99 - $500.00

Showing 1-10 of 803 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 20, 2016
One of the best Mario games ever made and definitely the best Mario game on a handheld !!.... my favorite Mario game of all time is Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I would say this comes right after that for me. This game just has it all !! And the ability to turn into gold Mario made this game very unique. This game could easily justify the purchase of the 3ds alone. This really should be in any Mario fans collection.
on October 31, 2016
Awesome side scroller. Great Mario addition. Story line:
BOWSER HAS ONCE AGAIN KIDNAPPED PRINCESS PEACH, BUT THIS TIME, MARIO HAS ANOTHER OBJECTIVE. THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM IS BURSTING WITH MORE GOLD COINS THAN BEFORE. EACH LEVEL IS LITTERED WIT H GOLD AS COINS RAIN DOWN FROM OVERHEAD PIPES, TRAILS OF COIN S ARE LEFT BEHIND SPECIAL GOLD ENEMIES AND GOLD PIPES TRANSPORT
on October 10, 2016
It's ok... Nintendo really isn't trying to compete anymore. It's like they have given up. This game is a revamp of an old game like many of their games. Innovation is going elsewhere I suppose. The wii was bad in my opinion, no dvd capability, opera internet engine, though this is not a wii game nintendo is clinging to nostalgia and I see it going the way of atari, sega, etc. The game is ok, it's a standard Mario 2d experience. Not worth the price tag at all. I'm a F2P PC gamer so I may be biased.
on March 5, 2016
I loved the first Super Mario Bros. game so much I decided to get the next one! The story is almost exactly the same as the first game with a few changes. You have more bosses to beat, and you also have a few new special moves/abilities, which is nice. Over all I play my Super Mario Bros. games to relax and they are perfect for it! It's not too detailed to where the game is hard but it's still detailed enough to keep your brain working. I hope there's more Mario Bros. games coming soon!
on December 29, 2015
All you do is go around each level collecting coins. It's really boring. Not very adventurous or anything. You just walk straightforward dodging creatures and stuff that try to attack you, but that's it. It'd probably keep a kid entertained for a while, but that's it.
on August 20, 2012
Again if you loved NSMB on the DS or the Wii version then you will love this one. More platform action and I really like the coins theme. Keeps me wanting to achieve that crazy 1 million mark.

3D isn't really there but with a game like this it doesn't really matter.

Again if you like the other ones then don't expect something radically different. Just more old school platforming.
on April 25, 2016
This is such a great game. The music is what I really enjoyed about this game. Lots of nostalgia too as this game brings me back to the original 2D side scrollers. If you love Super Mario games, this is a great one.
on August 15, 2016
This game is a LOT of fun. It's more fun than New Super Mario Bros. The game is very similar to New Super Mario Bros., except that it has more of a Super Mario 3 feel to it. The game is also a lot faster (processing wise), probably because it's for the 3DS and not the DS.

Trying to collect 1 million coins is a lot of fun. It gives the game something that other Mario games don't have. It also makes sure that this game will have a lot of replay value. Even after the game is over, you still need to go back and continue collecting coins.
on May 27, 2013
I'm much more a fan of the 2D side-scrolling Mario titles than I am the 3D free roam-esque titles akin to Super Mario 64. I remember buying my old Wii to try Super Mario Galaxy 2 and simply...shut the game off after a few hours. I felt like the game was lacking something, but it had everything. Then I bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii and fell in love. THAT was the Mario experience I'd been looking for! I hold Super Mario 64 in its own regard for the 3D titles, but all of the other ones afterward haven't been to my liking for some reason that I really can't figure out. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the side-scrolling experience that I fell in love with back in '92.

This game is fantastic. It doesn't earn five stars specifically because, like most reviewers have stated, it doesn't do enough to add anything to the series. It feels more of an expansion-port of New Super Mario Bros. Wii than a standalone sequel, but that's more than alright because of how well designed the levels are. It amazes me that after all these years Nintendo developers can still come up with brilliant levels that all result in a fun way to reach the top of the famous flagpole. I do enjoy the aspect of "coin greed" they seem to have implemented with this package, but more for a fun little gimmick than a real game play element. This game is nothing but fun. That's why I bought it over Super Mario 3D Land (though will have to try the latter). When I think of Mario, I think of the first game I ever beat in my entire life; Super Mario World. I think of side-scrolling action with unique, fun ways to get out of the traps laid masterfully laid before you in each title.

Though this game doesn't add very much 'newness' to the New Super Mario Bros. series, it's still a fantastic title. I like that I can play this game in short spurts. I typically play a few levels in a row, quick save, then fold my 3DS until I play again. It's very quick, accessible, and fun. I'm 21 and this game appeals to me much more than these gritty, action-y games coming out for the more adult oriented demographic.
on May 31, 2016
Really, really fun game! Great complement to the uber-challenging New Super Mario Bros. on Wii U. Many fun levels, the gold flower and turtle shells are a hoot! Very creative ideas for levels and brings back some of the old school platforming designs from the 80s and 90s. IGN review is totally off, this is a terrific game! Also looks great on the 3DS with or without the 3D slider.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.