Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Super Mario Bros. 2
Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$29.99 - $500.00

Showing 1-10 of 804 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 20, 2016
One of the best Mario games ever made and definitely the best Mario game on a handheld !!.... my favorite Mario game of all time is Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I would say this comes right after that for me. This game just has it all !! And the ability to turn into gold Mario made this game very unique. This game could easily justify the purchase of the 3ds alone. This really should be in any Mario fans collection.
on October 31, 2016
Awesome side scroller. Great Mario addition. Story line:
BOWSER HAS ONCE AGAIN KIDNAPPED PRINCESS PEACH, BUT THIS TIME, MARIO HAS ANOTHER OBJECTIVE. THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM IS BURSTING WITH MORE GOLD COINS THAN BEFORE. EACH LEVEL IS LITTERED WIT H GOLD AS COINS RAIN DOWN FROM OVERHEAD PIPES, TRAILS OF COIN S ARE LEFT BEHIND SPECIAL GOLD ENEMIES AND GOLD PIPES TRANSPORT
on October 10, 2016
It's ok... Nintendo really isn't trying to compete anymore. It's like they have given up. This game is a revamp of an old game like many of their games. Innovation is going elsewhere I suppose. The wii was bad in my opinion, no dvd capability, opera internet engine, though this is not a wii game nintendo is clinging to nostalgia and I see it going the way of atari, sega, etc. The game is ok, it's a standard Mario 2d experience. Not worth the price tag at all. I'm a F2P PC gamer so I may be biased.
on June 3, 2015
I have loved the New Super Mario Bros games for both the Wii and the 3DS.

This one was particularly special to me because it is one of the few true multiplayer games. My girlfriend and I played through the entire game together on separate 3DS consoles and it was very fun.

One *very* important note and downside about the multiplayer: both people need to own their own copy of the game to play multiplayer. You cannot have only one copy and share it with both consoles. Both people need to own the game to play multiplayer.

Another slightly annoying thing is that your partner can go off the screen and won't necessarily bubble back like in the Wii version, but this is a pretty minor gripe compared to how much fun the gameplay is.

The world is quite beautiful and the levels are challenging. If you are a fan of the New Super Mario Bros. franchise this game will not disappoint you.
on September 13, 2015
Another fantastic installation of Mario! The game has a classic feel with modern gameplay. I wish it was slightly more challenging as I beat the game in one week...and that's with the little bit of playing I was doing with two toddlers! I'm a perfectionist with the game, and even going through and getting a perfect game took me no time. I loved the game. I just wish it had either been a bit longer or had another good challenge. The super leaf at the beginning of the levels when you die enough was a fun change. It made the Bowser fight too easy. I just kept killing Mario until the leaf showed up because I got lazy and didn't want to fight Bowser normally. Maybe I should go back and play without the leaf. Heh heh.
on March 5, 2016
I loved the first Super Mario Bros. game so much I decided to get the next one! The story is almost exactly the same as the first game with a few changes. You have more bosses to beat, and you also have a few new special moves/abilities, which is nice. Over all I play my Super Mario Bros. games to relax and they are perfect for it! It's not too detailed to where the game is hard but it's still detailed enough to keep your brain working. I hope there's more Mario Bros. games coming soon!
on December 29, 2015
All you do is go around each level collecting coins. It's really boring. Not very adventurous or anything. You just walk straightforward dodging creatures and stuff that try to attack you, but that's it. It'd probably keep a kid entertained for a while, but that's it.
on July 27, 2015
It was a lot of fun! Pro's Coin collection is better then I thought it would be, There's So many worlds, It's a great game to play with your friend on the go. Cons. In multiplayer the screen only follows one person which is a huge let down the worse con of the whole game, You cant do that mid air jump like you can in the Wii by shaking the remote and the back round looks blurry when you have the 3D I guess it was supposed to be and effect but it's unnatural because when you look at Mario your focus will change and it will blur out anyways so now you cant really look at it but its not a bad con just a small one.
on August 20, 2012
Again if you loved NSMB on the DS or the Wii version then you will love this one. More platform action and I really like the coins theme. Keeps me wanting to achieve that crazy 1 million mark.

3D isn't really there but with a game like this it doesn't really matter.

Again if you like the other ones then don't expect something radically different. Just more old school platforming.
on April 25, 2016
This is such a great game. The music is what I really enjoyed about this game. Lots of nostalgia too as this game brings me back to the original 2D side scrollers. If you love Super Mario games, this is a great one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.