Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- All new ways to Play and share your Mario Fun! New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad…. And your Mii character! Now's your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
All new ways to Play and share your Mario Fun! New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad . And your Mii character! Now's your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play.
New Super Mario Bros. U is a multiplayer Platforming adventure that provides a new take on a classic Nintendo franchise that will delight players of all ages and experience levels. A Wii U launch title, New Super Mario Bros. U offers a new way to experience Mario fun like never before. Game features include: support for up to five players, the new Boost Mode and Challenge Mode, unique uses for Mii's, and new block elements that can be used as navigation aids.
New Ways to Play and Share Your Mario Fun
New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad ... and your Mii character. Now's your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play. Up to five players* can jump into the fun, with up to four people using Wii Remote controllers and one on the Wii U GamePad. The experience is different, depending on which controller is used.
Key Game Features
- The Wii U GamePad controller offers a new way to experience multiplayer Mario fun. Create Boost Blocks out of thin air to help players navigate tricky stages or access hidden or hard-to-reach items, and distract onscreen enemies, all with the tap of their finger or stylus.
- Swoop through levels and cling to walls when Mario transforms into Flying Squirrel Mario, or gently float through the air while hanging onto Balloon Baby Yoshi.
- In addition to the main Story Mode, in which players must rescue Princess Peach, New Super Mario Bros. U features more exciting game modes, including:
- Boost Rush - Using Boost Mode, two to five players work together to clear many different courses in the fastest time possible. The scene auto scrolls, forcing you to move ahead through the course. As you collect more coins, the scene scrolls faster. Once you've completed your run, you can watch a replay of other players' Boost Rush to help strategize for your next attempt.
- Challenge Mode - Numerous single-player and multiplayer challenges incorporate a series of familiar Super Mario gameplay concepts in a fun, competitive way. These challenges offer high replay value as players try to achieve the best score and unlock new challenges. Boost Mode Challenges help players practice the teamwork necessary for effective Boost Mode gameplay. After finishing, players can watch a replay of their Challenge to strategize for next time.
- Boost Mode also makes cooperative speed runs possible for the first time. Use the GamePad to interact with and manipulate enemies and objects in real time, and discover new ways to find the fastest route through each stage.
- Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch single-player gameplay from the TV to the GamePad at any time to continue playing even when others are using the TV.
- Families and friends can experience Mario together like never before with Miiverse. See other players' comments and accomplishments while you play, and leave your own feedback for others to see when connected to the Nintendo Network (broadband Internet access required).
New takes on classic levels.
Compatible with Wii remotes.
Use Miis like never before.
Coop speed runs in Boost Mode.
* Necessary additional controllers sold separately.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The game has all the classic Mario characters that you know and love with a few twists. It's multiplayer and you can use your mii character in the game too. We've had a lot of fun and spent hours playing this game - it's almost worth having the Wii-U just for this game alone.
The overworld is cool, sweet, hot, and everything in between. Power-ups are generously placed so that motorically challenged players like me don't destroy the Wii U controller on impulse [I've shaken it many a times though].
The levels can be challenging and fun but sometimes frustrating as well. It is funny to see what other players have to say about the levels and you can leave your own message as well. Pretty cool and satisfying! I'm currently trying to get all three star coins before continuing with the Meringue world just so I feel like I accomplished something. My favorite feature is probably Quick Save that allows you to save your progress without finishing a castle. Only downside is you can restore the game only once from this save but it has never been an issue for me.
If you get stuck or can't find all the coins you might want to check out the Bonus videos on the main screen. I was drooling over some of the to see the skill of the players but then my wife said they probably don't have a life... who can argue with that, right? Anyway, make sure to check them out! But don't expect you'll be able to replicate what you see... those guys/gals are professionals ;)
I will be playing this one for many more hours [as Mario]. Once done, I'll check out the Luigi variant which looks a bit harder. Happy Gaming!
The characters bump into each other and can easily cause you to lose, which is either fun for you or annoying, I find it the latter. The levels themselves in this one are really good, but some of them are clearly designed for multiplayer (which work fine in single player), while others are just really bad multiplayer. I wish those levels had a warning. What would really make this game great would be simply having a separate game for 2 players or more, much like Portal 2 did.
It's a good game, especially if you're a Mario fan, but it doesn't bring much of anything new to the table. If you're not a Mario fan, this will do nothing to change your mind. As a multiplayer platformer game, I still like Little Big Planet 2 significantly more, but the levels in Mario are more vibrant and pretty. The new Super Mario 3D World brings much more to the table (though, as a single player game, I think 3D Land is better).
Fantastic, and ACTUALLY CHALLENGING unlike most of the recent 2D "New" series of Super Mario games. The secrets are fun to find, and even purposely beating every single level was something I wanted to do. It was so much fun, I wanted to go out of my way to experience every stage...and as a bonus, much like SMW, it has the Star Road challenge stages.
After beating it, I sold it to snag another Wii U game, and now I'm regretting it...because I'm having urges to play this again, but not only that, there's even the New Super Luigi U expansion coming soon so now I have even more reason to buy another copy of this to hang on to!
I'm sorry, haters and graphics critics, but if you say this isn't THE reason to own a Wii U right now, then you're crazy. This is an essential game for any Mario enthusiast...