Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on January 30, 2014
As a vegetarian confronting the decision on how to responsibly wean my baby, I had hoped this book would help answer many questions. However, I found it to be quite disappointing on so many levels. First, I did not realize-- my fault really-- that the book is "new" as of 2000. Quite a lot has changed scientifically in the last 14 years with regard to children and nutrition. The book includes RDAs (recommended daily allowances) but lacks the information to be able to connect these numbers with real food and real meals. I feel that the book takes a very proselytizing tone without creating any common ground (and even though I am part of the "choir" I found it very off putting). The few recipes they include are really boring and unexciting (and nothing a healthy vegetarian could not think of herself). I wanted a book that discussed meat vs. vegetarian with real facts and details-- not a longwinded essay that says "vegetarian babies are healthy and grow fine so it's okay." I will definitely search for something else.
on October 18, 2014
Wonderfully informative and very helpful book, easy reading, great reference material, my 14 month old granddaughter is a lacto-ovo vegetarian and is very healthy, happy, and enjoying Grandma's (and Mom and Dad's) delicious vegetarian meals. While I am 40+ year vegetarian (almost vegan), this book taught me a thing or two (or ten) about safely implementing a vegetarian diet in a baby. A+ book!
on April 29, 2016
Absolutely love this book. It is power packed with value information. The authors really did a lot of research. A must read for Mothers who want their babies to eat healthy.
on April 23, 2010
I have the original 1980 version of this book and raised both of my babies, now 25 and 28, with it and they were the healthiest babies you ever saw. One is still lacto-ovo-pesce vegetarian, and the other has started eating poultry within the past few years. My nephew's wife just had a baby and I am sending her this book with my complete endorsement.
on November 17, 2013
Informative, supportive, easy to read. Has everything I wanted. I am vegetarian, not vegan at this point, and do not want to support the meat industry by buying meat EVER. Plenty of great information on getting baby everything he will need while not sacrificing my beliefs.
on August 23, 2014
Got this for my daughter and she loves it - very informative on nutrition choices, plus helpful suggestions. She uses it to help add more fresh fruits and veggies to the children's diet.
on November 19, 2011
I got my book 2 days ago and just finished reading it. I just started with the whole Vegatarian thing and wanted to know more informatin about the lifestyle for my 2 year old son aswell. I wish I had this book when he was a baby. Awesome ideas for some meals. Its not so much a cook book for babies ( even though it has some good ones in there) It answers all you questions and I loved it . From serving suggestions to vitamin spplements to the benefits of the life style. Also touched on how to deal with Doctor's and family questions. For anyone that is thinking or new to the vegetarian lifestyle this book is a must . Best buy yet :)
on February 24, 2016
As promised! Thanks!
on October 2, 2007
Very good book on raising a veggie baby. It gave alot of great statistics and facts that helped me feel reassured that raising my son veggie was the right thing. Great ideas on feeding too. Would be a great book for anyone who is worried that being vegetarian might be unhealthy or to give to others who feel you are doing the wrong thing. :)
on February 6, 2012
I love this book! Helpful, practical and definitely a must read for vegetarian mommies! Lots of recipes and educated advice.