Other Sellers on Amazon
New York City Ballet Workout
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
New York City Ballet Workout is a revolutionary fitness program balances art, life, and fitness into the perfect workout for anyone of any age. This healthy and intelligent program builds inner and physical strength, and is an alternative to fast-paced, high-energy exercise programs.
- Dolby Digital 5.1/stereo classical soundtrack
- Dolby Digital 5.1/stereo contemporary soundtrack
- Optional voiceover
- Individual exercises option
- Video diaries: Deanna, Edwaard, Helene, Albert
- Interviews: Alex, Rebecca, Peter, Christopher
- Behind the scenes
- Dance and the City
- Selected exercises to help in football, skiing, and racquet sports
- DVD-ROM content: video glossary, photo gallery, Web links
Top customer reviews
I would say that this is an okay dvd, but especially if you are not fast at picking things up and do not have a real background in ballet (as in knowing tendu, portabras, passe, releve, and your foot positions), it will be difficult and frustrating at first. Of course, if you are determined, a few tries will get you into things. It's nice to see how these ballet dancers can bend their legs over their heads and such. Makes me a little jealous.
This DVD is beautifully done and the workout is challenging - not in a "jump up and down and go crazy" kind of way but in a way that works out the muscles with control, grace and a lot of hard work to reach your goal. And this workout is low impact - specially modified to take it easy on the joints and hips - a Good Thing.