- Hardcover: 552 pages
- Publisher: Universe (March 31, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0789318563
- ISBN-13: 978-0789318565
- Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 1.7 x 6.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #598,063 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
New York: A Photographic Album Hardcover – March 31, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"Graphic designer and author Gabriela Kogan has compiled more than five hundred color photos taken in New York City by sixty photography enthusiasts who work as writers, architects, sound recordists, engineers, telecommunications executives, and other day jobs, turning to the camera to express themselves on the side, whether they live in or near the city or were traveling from far away." ~Twi-NY.com
About the Author
Gabriela Kogan is a leading contemporary graphic designer. Since 2001, she has been writing for newspapers and travel magazines.
Showing 1-8 of 10 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There's no text or explanations of what you're looking at, so it isn't to be used as a sort of guide book. It's strictly imagery. Some looks professional, some looks amateur, which I love. It's almost like a personal vacation photo album of someone's 4x6 photos, of just the various sights/sounds/smells/events/everyday happenings of the world's greatest city. Makes you feel like you're there again. Perfect for someone that loves NYC but can't get there often!
Just a side note on the seller, "best_bargain_books3"--it was sold to me as "like new" however when I opened it the front cover was ripped almost all the way down the spine where the pages were 'leaning' outward. That is NOT, under ANY circumstance, "like new." I order from Amazon ALL the time and have never once received a book purchased in LN condition that was RIPPED!! I had to TAPE the front hard cover to the first page in order to keep it together!!! If it wasn't for the super low price I paid....
1. High quality of production overall (i.e. paper, binding, etc.)
2. The quality of the pictures is high. I realize this is highly subjective - my only additional comment here is that I am a (huge) photography enthusiast, and look at professional photos all the time.
3. The format is perfect for bringing to another country and giving out as a gift - small and portable.
1. Most of the photos are outdated. Some are more than others.
Overall, I like album a lot and recommend with with reservations, especially to people travelling overseas who would like to bring with them a small, portable album of NYC.