Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I received my NYSW quickly and I love the lay the watch looks. It arrived fully charged so I was off and running immediately. The band, however is a sticky-ish silicone and for me is quite uncomfortable. I think the band is on the small size as I am a small guy but have to use the 3'rd hole from the end to fit my wrist which leaves the excess just marginally long enough to slide onder one of the two band loops. I will likely find a new band for this watch.

The digital window is somewhat primitive allowing for few display options. I have mine set to display the date as in 12/24. You can alternatively display the day as in "TUE".

The radio sync works sometimes but not always, even when the watch is left in the same spot overnight. It hasn't ever worked at my house but has worked on my business trips to DC.

Large changes in time...like when you change time zones, take forever.....up to 40 minutes. You are better off manually setting the hands in those cases.

I do like the look of the watch though and like the accuracy assurance provided by the daily syncing.
on December 30, 2013
This is my second one. Dropped the first one on a brick floor. You can imagine the stainless steel case impact. The hour hand was never right after that, and the window over the digital display cracked. Figured I could never get it fixed in the US. And "customer service" at New York Standard Watch Co. (somewhere in California) said that to send it back to China might take a while. Having owned a number of Casio atomic/solar watches, which I suspect must be the leader in this technology, this NYSW has some issues. The manual is goofy. Lots of peculiar instructions and function demands. Guess I am just an atomic-solar nut. Needed something a little dressier than the G-Shock for special occasions you know. I like the look. Mike in Dallas
on May 19, 2012
I'll preface this review by admitting I bought this watch to amuse myself. I'm a collector of vintage watches and this model trades on an old U.S. name and that caught my attention. I also found it to be attractive. When it arrived I found it offered a perception of quality greater than what I expected. I also found the setting instructions didn't exactly jive with this watch's actual function, hence the quirky reference in the title. I kept at it and everything turned out ok. The watch looks for its radio signal at a pre-determined hour each day, or you can press a button and search manually. That is a very thoughtful feature, especially for those of us that like to see it work and purposely set incorrect time. Amusement is where you find it. I particularly like the solar re-charging feature. I don't spend a great amount of time outdoors, but my watch is keeping a full charge after a week of steady use. Let me qualify that comment. I decided to stop torturing my vintages watches by using them in my workplace. The environment I work in is harsh. This watch with its elastomer band is quite comfortable and thus far hasn't suffered from my less than cautious treatment during the myriad tasks I perform each day. Were it not for the less than precise setting and feature access I'd rate this watch 5 star, a truly great bargain at this price. Time will tell how well its battery and charging circuitry hold up, but its a great idea, especially in a utility watch. Add to that the Amazon buying experience and having them behind you should something go wrong, I think we have a good glimpse of what shopping in the future will look like.
on July 19, 2012
I got tired of replacing dead watch batteries and messing up their waterproof feature each time it's cracked open. Had self-winding ones which goes dead if you don't wear them a while. So I tried this one. Delivery was quick. All the watch hands were at 12 o'clock position when I received it. Read the minute instruction manual and laid the watch on the window sill all day. Next day, the watch was running and showing pacific time. Changed it to EST since I live in NYC. Wore it daily and it took 3 days for the battery to fully charge and I haven't touch or make adjustments since the 2nd day I had it. It's a great watch for the price and to bang around with. Will buy it again if it goes belly up in a year or two. My advise is to leave it alone for a few days while the battery charges and familiarize yourself with the manual.
on December 14, 2012
It looks nice and the price was good so it seemed to be an OK-purchase.
Having used it for a month, the watch started taking water when swimming and then one of the knobs broke off, without any form of provocation.
Returned the item, received a new one which lost another knob, again for no apparent reason, after just two days.
This watch and I were not made for eachother. Excellent service though: their customer service was most friendly.
In the meantime I found another watch with which I have not had any problems.
on March 10, 2014
I have had the watch for over two weeks and it is still not fully charged. In fact, it isn't sufficiently charged to use the radio time set. My other atomic watch sitting adjacent to this watch updated to daylight savings time Saturday night. The NYSW watch still has not updated.

I have a south facing window in my bedroom, and bright sunny days. I've left the watch in the window exposed to the direct rays of the sun during the day and under a flood lamp at night without fully charging the watch.

Also, the watch band is too short for me, and I had to buy another band for the watch. As I don't have particularly large wrists, I think most men would have to change the watch band.
on October 24, 2013
Provides exact time with a very readable face -- helps with my declining vision. Once charged it seems so far to hold up without any special charging; daily wearing apparently provides enough light. Button functions are relatively straight forward. It has a nice band with enough holes that it is easy to adjust for comfort.
The LED window is small, which makes it a little difficult to read.
It is a bit bulky so not too stylish, but overall I like it very much.
on October 9, 2012
this is a good looking product. it is easy to see and easy to set up. the only negative so far is the same for all watches i buy. i have to pay for a band i can't use. so to use the watch at all i have to first invest in a new band that fits my wrist.why don't they ask for a wrist size? or just sell the watch cheaper with no band?
on June 10, 2014
It looks great, its rather heavy giving the impression that its made up of good quality materials. I live in Panama, so I could set it to the Chicago time zone but….

It came uncharged so I left it the whole day on a window frame fully exposed to the sun, but there is no way I can get it working. To read the instructions you need a magnifying glass, and they are not at all easy to follow.

Im going to return it.
on March 11, 2013
I was looking for a watch to replace a Casio (complex-more buttons than an aircraft console), that I had for several years.
I like the simplicity, two buttons, for all the functions, solar charge and Atomic clock set.
I don't care to much for the band, a little thick, but no big deal it can be replaced.
When I first got it I couldn't get a signal but I found moving it to another room at night got it working.
overall great watch for the $$.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.