NewAir AC-12000H 12,000 BTU Heat Pump Portable Air Conditioner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Heat pump technology works as an air conditioner and a heater in one compact appliance
- Advanced auto-evaporative technology increases energy efficiency and extends maintenance-free operation
- Adjustable cooling options include 24-hour programmable timer, sleep mode and two fan speeds
- Easy installation with included window kit
- 12,000 BTUs heating and cooling for rooms up to 425 square feet
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Easy to setup. The window kit was too short for one window and too long for another (it expands from approx 21 in. (1 piece) to around 42 inches (with both pieces), so I cut down 1 piece with a small skill saw and installed in the smaller window.
- My unit arrived very quickly and was well packaged.
- It does cool a moderately-sized room well, and a small room, really well.
- Not too heavy and easy to move around on its rollers.
- Noisy (like a window unit at a motel). I haven't tried the heater yet, but if it is as noisy as the A/C I will just pack it away until next summer.
- Takes a minimum of approx 2ft x 3ft of space around the window, though I suppose you could cut the vent hose down and reduce this somewhat.
- Since it is a dehumidifier, you have to manually drain the tank of water buildup. You can set up a continuous drain with the tube they give you, but because the end of the tube needs to be lower than the outgoing connection (which is on the bottom of the unit), you would probably want to put the unit on a small table. I live in a dryer area so don't know yet how long it can go without draining.
--The hose that connects the unit to the window expands to around 5 ft long (the unit works more efficiently if you keep this as short as possible) and the electric cord is around 6 1/2 ft long.
--There is a non-heater version (12000e) of this unit but with free shipping this one was the same price.
For the month when it did work, the unit cooled very well, but was very loud. The plastic piece that goes in the window is very cheap. It wheels easily.
Long story short, this ac is very noisy, it runs all the time (never shuts off completely, even if the desired temperature setting is reached), and is next to useless for cooling a standalone space that is exposed to the sun, such as my small cabin. At best, this unit will cool the inside of my cabin 7 or 8 degrees Fahrenheit below the outside temp after letting it run for several hours. I returned the unit under warranty (cost me over $50) and got it back with the same underwhelming results I had before I sent it in to be fixed. I've paid well over $500 for a cooling solution that brings a 100 degree day down to 93 degrees inside my cabin. Complete waste of money for anyone who wants to use this to cool a room that has direct roof, wall and window exposure to the hot summer sun. Wish the company would have have been as forthright in their marketing materials as they have been in their follow-up support emails. If you've got a shed, cabin or other small space buy a window unit for the half the cost and save yourself money, hassle and stress.
It seems to be smaller and more portable than my other portable heat pumps.
The only thing to be cautious about when using this model is that you need to be patient with it. When you put it in heat or cooling mode it takes a few minutes to warm up before it starts really pumping out the hot or cold air. Otherwise it seems to heat and cool my room quickly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
THIS MODEL IS DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER: http://www.newair.com/products/ac-12000h
Therefore...support, service and parts may be difficult to acquire. Caveat emptor.
I have to say when it got to 96 Fahrenheit (36 Centigrade) the AC struggled to get in the 72 Fahrenheit temperature. so it works but not on very hot climates. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Rigoberto Rodriguez
Christine of Air-n-Water was very helpful in assisting me with this purchase.Published 16 months ago by Charlie
GREAT a/c. Heat just OK. Apparently doesn't heat effectively if ambient temp is below 45*. However if heating a smaller area than it's rated for, should be OK.Published 21 months ago by Dan L.
I just got my unit but so far it works great and cools my bonus room down without any trouble.Published 21 months ago by megan hull