Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 627 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 769 reviews
on October 17, 2011
I bought this wine cooler to put under the bar top in my winery tasting room. It has functioned well and is sleek and compact and completely silent.

BUT...perhaps it is my fault but I did not notice before I bought it that the COLDEST setting it goes to, which I now understand is a function of the non-mechanical way it creates cooling, is 54 degrees! While this is adequate for dry white wines, it won't we cold enough for sweeter wines and certainly not cold enough for late harvest, dessert type wines that should be chilled to 45 degrees or so.

ALSO... be aware of two limitations caused by the very compact design:

FIRST, heavier weight (read that, more expensive) bottles with even a slightly larger diameter than standard Bordeaux bottles WILL NOT FIT in the wire racks. There is a reason why it will fit eighteen bottles in such a small space: the tolerances are VERY TIGHT and sized for grocery-store standard cabs, etc.

SECOND, opened bottles with the cork reinserted part way or with a vacuum cork WILL NOT FIT in the cooler because the depth of the cooler brings the glass door right up to the foil of the unopened bottles.

As I said, it's a nice cooler....BUT
99 comments| 475 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2014
I vascillated between giving it 4 or 5 stars. I guess I'd rather give it 4 1/2 stars.

We bought this wine cooler to serve two purposes: the one for which it is intended and also to age cheese. My wife is having a ball making cheese and we needed something to age the cheese at the right temperature, which is between 57 and 60 degrees. This is perfect! There's room on the bottom shelf for the cheese with the wine above.

The unit arrived well packed and undamaged from Amazon. I attached the handle, put it in place, then waited the recommended two hours before plugging it in. I also bought a digital refrigerator thermometer to check the temp. I set the unit to 57 degrees and in less than an hour it had reached the desired temperature. The setting was right on, within 2/10th's of the digital thermometer reading.

The unit is very quiet. We have it in our basement kitchenette. I've loaded it with wine and checked the temp and it is just as I set it.

Before you buy this unit, have a good idea of what you're looking for before you buy. Some of the comments in other reviews are valid. Keep these points in mind:
1. Its lowest temp setting is 57 degrees. We drink mostly reds, with an occasional dry white. If you want to chill sweeter reds or desert wines to a lower temperature, look elsewhere.

2. It will hold 18 grocery store bottles, but it will be a tight fit. You can get larger "fat" bottles on the bottom shelf and possibly the top shelf but that's 6 bottles at most. We just got back from wine country and most, but not all bottles will fit on the shelves. If you buy a lot of nice reds that come in larger circumference bottles, you'll probably be happier with a unit that's larger and probably more expensive. It looks like you can store a bottle with a cork replaced, but I didn't try it. We have little need to store partially full bottles. ;-)

3. It is very quiet, but not silent. Its more quiet than the standard refrigerator that it sits next to. It emits a gental hum. I have to be close to it in the same room to hear it. However, if you live in a very quiet house and place it in a living area like a dining room, you'll probably hear it.

We looked at tons of units in all price ranges and this was the best combination of performance and price that I found. The other unit I was considering was 2 1/2 times as expensive. For our use we couldn't justify the price.

I normally don't buy extended warranties, but in this case I did. I hope the warranty will be a waste of money!
on April 23, 2015
We purchased this in July 2013 so just 20 months after owning it (8 months out of warranty which is convenient for Newair), the refrigerator/cooler is dying on us. It's making a constant noise and sometimes the noise and vibrations can be heard in the other rooms. It's about done and we're now stuck with a heavy, hard to dispose of $200 piece of junk.

It was very quiet in the beginning, but only last that way until just out of warranty. Also, the shelves don't allow enough room for many of the thicker bottles that are being sold these days.

I'm sure the cost of repairing it will be more than buying a new one, but definitely not buying a Newair product.
on May 3, 2014
I purchased this for my wife for Christmas (2013) and by the end of April 2014 the PE cooler fan has failed. It began getting loud about three months into its life and I knew it was only a matter of time before it would fail. I doubt I will execute the warranty due to the hassle and will likely replace the fan with a high quality and silent Noctua.
on November 9, 2016
Seriously!?? Box was 100% perfect. However, the back of the wine cool was beat to hell!
review image
on October 7, 2014
Originally bought it Sept. 2013. As with several reviewers, it arrived pretty banged up, we exchanged it, etc. Huge hassle. Kept the last one in spite of a big dent in the grill on back (I mean solid steel, no aluminum or anything). Unbelievably flimsy packaging. It's been noisy all along, rack size definitely an issue (we lost TWO shelves). And certainly the actual temps have been a concern (!) but we've muddled along...

Until yesterday when the interior light starting constantly blinking off & on, accompanied by loud beeping each time it turned off & each time it turned on. Maddening. Unplugged it etc.; manual has nothing. Cust . svce. will repair/replace if still under warranty. It's exactly one year and 5 days old, and therefore no longer under warranty.

So the light button is now taped down; we'll see. It may soon be relegated to the curb.

Update: the tape didn't hold the button; at began flashing/beeping again. We're done. I also just noticed in the promo photo that the middle racks appear to hold Barefoot white. Not something I drink--nor is this cheapo something that NEEDS to be chilled (maybe throw it in the fridge)--but it has a notably skinny bottle... No way will a bottle of champagne fit in here.
on November 12, 2016
This is our 2nd wine cooler. The first one was a smaller unit that was low and wide. We did not like it because of the noise, and it had a smoked viewing glass. Could not see any of the wine. It took up a lot of counter space too.

This wine cooler is the perfect size to build into a cabinet in your kitchen, or stand out on its own. It is beautiful. Fits right in with our stainless steel appliances.

We purchased this unit thinking we would have it in another room, but the instruction manual says it can be built in. So I did just that. See photos.

I was worried the unit would arrive damaged, but it is so well packaged that should not be a concern. I took two photos for you that show the outer box and inner boxing. (See Photos)

Now about the unit itself.
Well built! Like a high end refrigerator. Every person who sees it just loves the looks. We like it because of the clear glass. You can see the blue LED light shine! The unit was tested before installing it and I can tell you even if you left it right out in the open, it is quiet!

One review I had read was the unit did not work when they got it. The review said it never got cold. It may have been a defective unit, or they did NOT READ the instructions. The one precaution is like any refrigeration unit it MUST be upright for 2 hrs. BEFORE you plug it in.

Now the only con: This is slightly unfair to call this a con as it only pertains to if the cooler is only built-in like I did. There is a leveling leg on the front right side. The other three legs are stationary. The problem I ran into was this leveling leg was attached to the front right door hinge not the unit. I had to remove this leveling leg and make my own leg under the unit in the cabinet. (No major deal) If you handy enough to be building in a unit, this is not an issue. On the Plus side of this leveling leg, if you are using the unit as it is, then the leveling leg is easier to get out being close to the right front corner of the unit.

By far this wine cooler is one nice complimentary piece to our kitchen.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 13, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my in-laws. They are absolutely ecstatic about it. Despite it being delivered upside down, it worked perfectly after letting everything settle for 24 hours. It's very quiet and looks amazing on the counter. Racks slide smoothly, plenty of space for different size wine bottles, and they love how they can adjust the temperature. Very pleased! Considering buying one for myself!
review image
on October 8, 2016
I'm giving three stars because the wine refrigerator made a whining noise. But I would give Ashley S in customer service a 5-star rating for very quick response to my email, identifying the problem, sending a new cooling kit, and following up afterward. The cooling kit was the problem and it no longer whines, but replacing it did require opening up the back and using wire cutters and splitters. Aside from that, it's a nice size, not too deep so it doesn't stick out too much from the wall. The space between shelves is narrow as others have mentioned, but I think that's common among wine fridges. The price is right and, as I said, the customer service is excellent.
on November 7, 2014
As other reviewers have mentioned, this cooler is both power-hungry and noisy. The fan runs constantly, so there is a persistent whirring noise that is quite annoying whenever I'm in the vicinity. My cooler stays at a fairly constant 57-59°F according to the humidity/temperature monitor I put inside, although I have it set at 54°. I have also tried setting it higher, and found the same result. I'm not sure the temperature setting actually does anything. It looks pretty much like the pictures indicate, however it has an obvious cheap/plastic feel to it when you're right there. The racks do not slide in and out smoothly, but tend to grate along their plastic runners.

For me this cooler gets the job done in the short term, but I will eventually replace it with something of good quality. I would never buy this cooler again, and recommend trying other products.