- File Size: 5156 KB
- Print Length: 1420 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 18, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003I6496Y
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#442,980 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #94 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Editing
- #264 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- #385 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
The Newbie's Guide to Publishing (Everything A Writer Needs To Know) Kindle Edition
Customers reported quality issues in this eBook. This eBook has: Typos.
The publisher has been notified to correct these issues.
Quality issues reported
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I've been a nonfiction writer for 40 years and I started reading Konrath's blog to understand the reality of ebooks and self-publishing better--and I will say, I've learned a ton. I find his personality grating at times, his ego gigantic (whose would't be if you made the money he apparently makes), but his writing is informative and I think very reality based. Yes, this book is filled with typos and sloppy grammar, but who cares? There are over 1,000 print pages included in this ebook, and it cost me a few bucks--for the ocean of info provided, I'll overlook the spelling. Really, who cares.
Interestingly, I'm not a big fan of Konrath's fiction. I've read two of his novels and while they are sometimes page turners, I find the writing coarse, with little depth and graphic where it doesn't need to be. He's no Robert B. Parker, that's for sure. But hey, he found a great niche has a lot of followers and he's doing it. I wish I could leap into fiction with as much success as he's carved out. Go back to paragraph one here: it all takes tons of work--there is no easy road in publishing.
Is this book worth $3? Are you joking? To be able to get an inside look into a writer's life and business (and a thousand pages worth, at that) for less than the price of a bad cup of coffee? You're stealing this book for that price.
For the uninitiated, Joe Konrath is one of those self-publishing success stories. He was also traditionally published, so he knows both sides. He freely shares his experiences and what he's learned through his blog. He's outspoken, opinionated, and controversial. He's also a smart, funny guy with a lot of experience under his belt. You could do worse than to listen to what he has to say.
This book is a collection of his early blog posts. It's massive. There is a lot of information in here, and it's good. He talks about the rejections and how he landed his agent and initial publishing contract. He talks about book tours and promotion. We get to share with him the experience of his first book coming out and those first steps into self-publishing. It's interesting to watch as time goes by and how his opinions changed as this monumental shift in publishing began to unfold.
Everything's not perfect here. Some material is repeated in slightly different forms. There are some spelling and grammar errors, although I didn't have any trouble reading through them. Those are minor quibbles though and should not dissuade you from getting this book. Whichever publishing route you're pursuing, there's valuable info here for you. And it's nice to see both sides, the good and the bad. If you care about your writing career, you owe it to yourself to have a look at this tome.
Most recent customer reviews
Fun no bs advice. J.A. Konrath helped me a lot and I really appreciated this book.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Editing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship