Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Newhart's first season here was on videotape but...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2008, 3:23:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 14, 2009, 1:04:39 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2008, 8:17:55 AM PST
I actually like the fact that the first season was shot on live-look videotape (a la "Living Single" or "Martin"). It gives it a more intimate look and feel than film did. Later seasons, though, they switched to videotape that I believe was processed with Filmlook® technology. Of course, with film, things seemed much more open and expansive. The show, to me, looked great every way they did it.

Of greater import, though, was that this show was flat-out funny. No gross-out jokes, no sexual humor, little if any profanity. It's something that entire families can watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2008, 4:03:09 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 14, 2009, 1:04:38 PM PST]

Posted on Jun 9, 2010, 10:38:56 PM PDT
Iceblue says:
I knew it; 'Newhart' is the only series I know of that was done in two formats, videotape and film. I'd seen several later film episodes before I'd see one on VIDEO, which surprised me. First time I ever saw a show that was done both ways. Very interesting. Personally, I don't care which one's my favorite, just as long as I can see everything good is fine with me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer