- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Swallow Press; 2 edition (February 11, 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 080400899X
- ISBN-13: 978-0804008990
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #952,030 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Newport in the Rockies: The Life & Good Times of Colorado Springs 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
We give this book as a gift to newcomers to our community as a way of helping them understand the history of this special place.
Coming to this area from Philadelphia, it was just amazing to see the street names and the names of some of the people mentioned in the book to be the same names as the local historic names from where I came.
He shows Colorado Springs' unique development and how it grew from an elite colony to a metropolis of major importance to the country's defense. Even if you're not from Colorado, Newport in the Rockies is fascinating reading, telling how the old west grew in that part of the country.