Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on June 10, 2015
I bought Newsday to follow the Belmont Horse Race more closely and I found the rest of the paper enjoyable and well organized for the kindle.

Many papers translate poorly to the kindle, like Newsday rival NY Post or just cost too much like the Baltimore Sun and Wall Street Journal, but Newsday works well and is priced right.

It is, of course, centered mostly on Long Island and New York area news. New York sports fans will find it fun.
on April 7, 2013
Newsday is the local paper for Long Island. Unfortunately, their journalistic standards are all but nonexistent. In order to make a story more interesting - and sell more papers - they sensationalize many stories, and the truth is all but lost. I once contacted the writer about a particular story, and pointed out the many incorrect facts in his article. His reply was: "it makes the story more interesting"
on August 10, 2016
I found Newsday to cover political events one sided " the LEFT side" ! None of its editorials was impressive. Very narrow with very few interesting stories.
on September 6, 2012
I was hoping for a graphical version of the print paper, but I was sorely disappointed. The layout is nothing but headline links, followed by text. No pictures, graphics, box scores in sports - nothing. Very basic and quite frankly a little boring. If you simply want to read the articles, then you should be OK. But it you're looking for an e-version of the regular paper - or at the very least an appealing layout online - then stay away. You'd be better off getting the print version.
on November 27, 2013
The writing has a distinctive sort of homespun flavor to it unlike any of the other New York regional dailies. My only beef is that there isn't enough of it. It's a Long Island newspaper, but they could easily give the New York dailies a run for their money if they'd beef up the reporting and the amount of actual content. The editorials are also very good.
on April 11, 2014
I used to live on Long Island. I was very happy when I found I could download copies of newsday to my IPad.
While I must admit it is not the whole newspaper, they leave out sports scores and tv listings, it's nice to catch up on
Some of the news from,my old neighborhood.
The issue of newsday downloaded very quickly. I was able to browse through it and read it at my leisure.
I will download other issues of newsday in the future. A good deal for 49 cents a copy.
on June 12, 2017
This paper would have more appeal to a Long Island resident; as a PA resident, I found it just o.k.!
on July 27, 2016
Not even close to the news paper itself. They made a change earlier this year and since then forget it. I canceled .
on May 18, 2016
i feel this paper is very underrated has very good things to do and see information
on August 23, 2014
does not read well on Kindle Fire and to constantly look at headlines instead of layout like a newspaper was annoying. Plus most photos did not come through well . They can do allot better.