Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on December 3, 2013
I did not think I would like this thing as much as I do. Because of its reputation, I reluctantly ordered it even though I didn't think I needed it. Well I need it now. Seriously. It's just way better than using a knife or a garlic press. I never use the minced garlic in the jar anymore because this has shown me how easy it it to use fresh garlic. Way better than a garlic press. With a knife, the garlic gets stuck to the blade and you have to do more work to make sure you're not getting huge chunks. This takes like 5 seconds to get minced garlic perfectly. You don't have to use more than one utensil to peel first. You smash it with the outside of the (surprisingly heavy) garlic twist, peel, throw the cloves in, and twist it. Done. Scoop it out with a spoon. A little bit gets stuck between the "teeth" but not much. A quick rinse cleans it easily. I use it for ginger too.
on February 19, 2014
I really like this garlic twist. It is much easier to clean than a standard garlic press and does a great job once you get the hang of it. The warning is do not put it in the dishwasher or allow it to soak. The hollow top to mine filled up with water that would not come out. I emailed NexTrend and they were happy to stand behind the product but the hassle of having to mail it back and wait for the replacement wasn't worth it. I drilled two small holes in the top to allow it to drain and will just use it until I need a replacement.
on January 21, 2014
This is an amazing product. I love to mince garlic the old fashioned way (with a knife and cutting board) but only because I love the smell of garlic on my hands. But this is so much faster. This product minces it so much better than I ever could with a knife. The garlic is so fine afterwards, and it is just perfect. You can do up to 2 cloves on each side of the teeth. It is kind of hard to start the mincing process at first but once you get started, you just can't help but to smile. I was giggling when I first did it. It is so fun! My dad found this for me since we love to use a lot of garlic in our dishes. I would reccommend this product to anyone and everyone. You can not go wrong. 5/5 all the way.
on April 14, 2014
I previously used a garlic press and would have to readjust the garlic inside to get results. The garlic twist is crazy easy to use and gets all the garlic minced. I've used it several times so far with as much as six cloves inside. The initial twist is a little difficult but I'd expect that. It very quickly gets easy to twist and lots of lovely garlic bits are the result.

The only odd thing about this is the top half showed what I believe was condensation inside after washing it. I tried running it under water to see if the lid would fill but didn't discover any entry points. I was concerned that moisture in there would be an issue but so far, so good. I hope this thing lasts a while; it does such an amazing job!
on December 13, 2014
LOVED my first one, gave it to a friend visiting from Germany, and ordered a replacement the same day. I was leery about spending money on what I suspected might be one of those gizmos that end up at the back of a kitchen drawer. Nope. This thing actually has me not just liking but actually USING fresh garlic. It takes about 3 seconds to clean. Rinse and done. Just do it right away, because we all know garlic is sticky when it dries. That's it. Cut the end off the clove, squash with the gadget, slip it out of its skin, pop it in, and twist back and forth. It'll take two decent sized cloves at a time this way.
on May 10, 2014
Okay, I love kitchen gadgets. Really. Unfortunately, many end up collecting dust. After I ordered this I had second thoughts, but once it arrived, I tried it and was thrilled with it! You can get a pretty nice mash up of garlic or ginger with this if you don't have any wrist or hand issues. It's just a little twist one way, then back, then keep doing it until you're happy with your results and voila! Word of warning: do this over something to catch the juices, which you may or may not want in your food. Overall, a great gadget that gets used often, is easy to clean, and it's inexpensive enough to buy one for a friend!
on September 25, 2016
I a garlic freak and have a lot of different slicers and mashers. I have had a product like this one for years but it's pretty scratched up so thought I'd replace it. Actually I prefer my old cheap one. I could twist back and forth and it was smooth and even. This one sticks and gets caught. It's better if I just go in one direction. The final outcome is the same so I'll use it. I just don't love it.
on September 24, 2012
I just bought this last week and used it for the first time over the weekend. It works like a dream. The mince size is perfect. I was making several dishes that call for minced garlic. I popped the cloves in the "Twist" and a couple of turns and VIOLA! So easy and clean. Just rinse the residue out and move on. No garlic on the cutting board, no mess on the counter, minimal garlic loss. I'm buying a few more of these for family & friends!
on March 31, 2014
I really hoped to like this item, especially since it was made in the US. I would like it, except for one thing. I was cooking and washing up afterwards and dropped it in the sink full of soapy water. Then I went back to wash the dishes and saw some water had gotten into the top part and I couldn't get it out. It's really frustrating. I can't see how the water got in and how to get it out. I don't know if I'm going to be able to continue to use it after spending quite a bit on this item. If something grows in the water, I will come back and change it to one star.
on April 23, 2013
I actually own two of these: one just for garlic, and one for dried herbs. It performs very well in both functions.

I own a garlic press in addition to this garlic twist. I generally use the press if I only have one or two cloves; I find the press easier for small amounts. But if I want lots of garlic (and I generally do want lots of garlic!) I can do several cloves at once in the garlic twist. It takes a mild amount of hand strength, especially if you're using half a head of garlic. I suck at mincing garlic, so this is a definite time saver.