- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: McClelland & Stewart; Reprint edition (May 14, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0771069197
- ISBN-13: 978-0771069192
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,744,677 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.00 shipping
Next Paperback – May 14, 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
Praise for Next
• "For those who crave Famous Names, there is a full complement here: Christopher Plummer, Marlon Brando, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Norman Jewison, Paul Gross and other starry people appear, inhabiting fine stories told with Newfoundland flair and humour. . . . Next is rich theatre history. . . . The book provides a lively, discreet-where-necessary, tender and sometimes rueful record of one of our best-known actors. . .and, until now, least-known private persons." Globe and Mail
• "Amusing, emotional, and insightful." Winnipeg Free Press
• "[Next] is. . .full of surprises." Toronto Star
About the Author
Born and raised in Newfoundland, GORDON PINSENT began his stage career in Winnipeg and went on to play major classical roles across the country. His big-screen credits range from The Thomas Crown Affair to The Shipping News, but he remains best known for his two signature films, The Rowdyman and John and the Missus.
A companion of the Order of Canada, Pinsent also holds six honorary doctorates and has been the recipient of numerous awards, including a Genie Award for Best Actor for his performance in Away from Her. Most recently, Pinsent starred in the IMAX movie Flight of the Butterflies and made his songwriting debut on the Warner Music CD of Down and Out in Upalong. In 2013, he appears in The Grand Seduction.
GEORGE ANTHONY, a former entertainment editor and columnist for the Toronto Sun, has enjoyed successful careers in film, television, and journalism. Currently the creative consultant for CBC Television's The Rick Mercer Report, he is also the author of the critically acclaimed biography Starring Brian Linehan. The author lives in Toronto.