Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4 reviews
on December 14, 2012
I got 4.5 hours playing videos. It was at 18% when I stopped playing online streaming videos off of youtube.com using the Wi-Fi.

The order description on Amazon said it was the Android 2.3 operating system which is Linux-based with 256 MB of RAM. When I noticed the photo of it on Amazon had the Android Ice Cream Sandwich logo in the top right of the box. That model, which had just recently begun to be marketed, is designed to run best using DDR3 SDRAM, 4GB, and 512MB RAM. I queried the seller (it works) and that turned out to be the one they were selling, not the older version in their description.

When it arrived it was exactly as they had said and is 4G capable and comes backwards compatible and supports 3GP, AAC, AVI, BMP, DAT, FB2, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MKV, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, OGG, PDB, PNG, RM, RTF, TXT, VOB, WAV, WMA.

The processor speed clocked at around 1GB. It has a built in front facing camera, which I found of limited use since I'm not a Narcissus. At first I thought it made an expensive mirror - until I priced mirrors. It is able do video streaming very well and has about a 300 foot Wi-Fi range around my house (got a verandah) but have found it less at other places which may just be the strength of their signal since it varies from place to place.

All these areas of this paragraph are non-issues to me, but it is FYI for you. - It supports the GetJar Appstore and you can install the Amazon Appstore. It has a basic sound capability, but plugin speakers fixed that for me. The touch screen lags a little but only if you are tapping out fast demands to it. When I sit down with it I'm reading, so it's not a problem. When other people `borrow' it to play games they find it too sluggish even though it has 512MB RAM. I do wish I could upgrade to 1GB, but that would probably end the warranty.

Overall for $99 + tax it's a decent tablet.

++++++++++++++++

I wrote the previous review on December 14, 2012 and I am adding to my review six months later.

Everything still goes as to what I wrote above. The only drawback I've seen is I cracked the corner of my 8se. It turns out it has got a hard Plexiglas that cracks when bumped. I dropped it (from a height of 7+ feet)and though it still functions it pained me.

It's still worth the money, but I find it a shame that the Plexiglas front is so brittle.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.