Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 153 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
on December 2, 2016
the LEDs inside are poorly positioned and it gives very inaccurate tracking. Not to mention it only has 3 LEDs per side rather than 5 like a good sensor bar.
on May 15, 2014
Absolutely the BEST solution for what I needed. My situation is in my laundry room I have all of our entertainment setup with our receiver (Xbox One, PS3, Apple TV, and now the Wii U). On the other side of the wall was my the remainder of my finished basement that has a wall mounted projector facing another wall for our screen.

The distance is entirely to far for the regular cable and even so would have required drilling holes in the ceiling to run the cable through.

I seriously considered buying a wireless sensor bar but everyone has the same issue wih them.

1. Huge Battery Drainer
2. Shuts off automatically after 1 or 2 he's.

This USB solution I came across was perfect. I just plugged it into my USB adapter for the wall outlet and presto!

If you're looking for a "wireless solution" die to distance or convenience forget buying candles and definitely forget about Nintendo's (or anyone else's) wireless model. Look no further. You won't regret it.
on October 20, 2014
I purchased this sensor bar in order that I may use an adapter to power my sensor bar directly from a wall outlet. I have a projector setup with the wii connected on the wall opposite to the screen, and the wii's included wired sensor bar does not have a cable long enough to span the length of my room.

Initially, I was delighted. This sensor bar requires neither the use of a long, unsightly cable, nor costly batteries. The aesthetics are clean and unintrusive, and upon connection to the wall, this sensor bar appeared functional. I quickly discovered, however, that this bar is junk. If you're more than 3-4 feet back, or even a little off-center, all accuracy is lost and the cursor becomes subject to severe jitter. It should be noted that my play setup is arranged in accordance with the guidelines specified by the Wii Operations Manual with my position set at about 9 feet, and the sensitivity and placement were also adjusted from within the wii's settings menu after installation.

If you're playing in a smaller room, or intend to use this bar for emulation purposes on your PC, then I'm sure this product works swimmingly, as has been affirmed by many positive reviews. If you're playing at a distance even slightly greater than a few feet, however, I can't recommend this product. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo does not manufacture any USB or A/C wired sensor bars, which seems a shame. If you're electronics savvy, my best recommendation to those with similar needs is to modify an official Nintendo sensor bar to run from USB.

Many have had success with this guide here: http://www.hunterdavis.com/2011/05/04/no-solder-no-tools-no-trouble-usb-wii-sensor-bar-conversion/
on April 21, 2014
2 sensor bars, 2 TVs with half the screen covered on each. A great way to enjoy splitscreen multiplayer where players cannot see each others screens. The Nextronics Sensor Bar USB plugs into one of the Wii's USB ports so no other adaptors are required.
Sensor bar close to the players without wires crossing the floor towards the TV 15 feet away. This sensor bar can plug into a USB port somewhere away from the Wii or TV.
But the main use I get out of this Sensor Bar is using my WiiMote as a pointing device on devices other than my Wii. My Linux PC, my OUYA, my cell phone (a cursor blocks much less view than a finger). Once I configured these devices, this Sensor Bar worked just as seamlessly on these as the official Sensor Bar does on the Wi. This Sensor Bar itself required no configuration beyond plugging it in and centering it to the scree.
on June 3, 2014
Wanting to have both a wii and wii u hooked to the same tv I have been searching for a way to use only one sensor bar without needing to burn through batteries. At first this seemed like my answer, as the bar would be powered by my tv so it wouldn't matter if the wii or wii u was turned on to power the bar. Unfortunately, the range on this bar is horrible! I could only pick up the led lights within 3 feet of the bar. Completely unacceptable! After doing more research I tried increasing the bar's power source from 5v to 9v (the nintendo bar uses 7.2v) but this had no effect on the bar's range. To solve my dilemma I ended up splicing together two sensor bar cables to one bar, thus having the same bar plugged into both of my systems.
on September 2, 2014
Sensor bar works very well. Was going to hack and modify another style until we saw this one. Combination of this and a USB outlet (of which we already had plenty) and you ready to rock and roll. Seems on par with original WII bar, maybe a bit more range. Allowed me to tuck the WII away into my media rack in the closet without issue.
on July 10, 2017
The quality is very good and perfect for wii ,and it's easy use.
on August 11, 2014
About the same size as the OG nintendo sensor bar but is powered off of USB which makes it perfect for those running Dolphin (Gamecube/Wii emulator). I would say it's not good for those with projectors/larger tbs where the user is more than about 13 or 14 feet away. People also complain about directionality, but from perpendicular to tv it works great about 60 degrees to each direction, which is perfectly fine for any game where you are actually using the sensor bar.

Would say that people complain about distance and stuff are either using a super low power usb port or otherwise.
on April 5, 2015
Finicky but works. With our new setup, I needed to separate the sensor bar from the wii and tried this option. It's usable in close proximity and the vertical sensitivity in particular seems to be an issue for us. I'll need to mount this to the bottom of our wall-mounted tv for it to work better when sitting. For such basic/cheap equipment you'd think they could have as many infrared lights as the original but perhaps the tv usb won't power it sufficiently? Not a great option, but I couldn't find one better.
on August 2, 2015
It works, but it has a far shorter range than the original. It doesn't work at all from my couch, which is 14 ft from the TV/bar. If I stand in front of the coffee table it works, but is spotty. I have to be within 8ft for it to be reliable.