|Item Weight||8.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 3 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||Smart Door Opener Controller|
|Batteries||1 12V batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.19 shipping
Nexx Smart Wi-Fi Controller NXG-200 - Remotely Control Existing Garage Door Opener with Nexx App, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, SmartThings, No Hub Required, Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ✔️ COMPATIBILITY CHECK & CONNECTION - Nexx Garage is compatible with most garage door openers but before purchasing, check for compatibility on GetNexx website or test by following the Compatibility image instructions in the image gallery. FREE adapter for incompatible openers. Wifi 2.4 Ghz connection required for off-site control. Works on-site using Bluetooth or Wifi. Nexx Garage NXG-200 comes with WIRELESS sensor, optional WIRED sensor available for gates or those who prefer this option.
- ✔️ CONVENIENT & SECURE REMOTE MONITORING & SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Open & close your garage door from anywhere anytime while SECURELY SHARING with family and friends. Always know who is coming or going (and when!) and receive notifications if someone has forgotten to close the door. HISTORY LOG FOR SECURITY - No other product lets you know both WHO & WHEN your garage is accessed!
- ✔️ACTIVATE BY TAPPING, SPEAKING, OR DRIVING UP - Control using our NEXX mobile app by Tapping on the app, by Speaking to Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri, or by Driving up and your garage door automatically opens up with our industry-leading “Just Drive” Geofencing Technology.
- ✔️ EASY INSTALLATION WITH ZERO SUBSCRIPTION FEES - Smarten up and automate your garage in 10 minutes or less with our all-new wireless sensor system. There are no hidden fees or ongoing monthly subscription. Even voice activation using Alexa, Google, Siri is FREE! One controller is needed for each garage door opener, so garage door(s) with 2 openers will need 2 NEXX Garage controllers.
- ✔️ US-BASED COMPANY AND US SUPPORT - All Nexx products are developed by Simpaltek, based in Texas, USA. We are here before the sale, during, and after with extensive US SUPPORT via Email, Chat, and Phone. For best product support, please buy on Amazon direct from Simpaltek as the seller or buy from authorized sellers Amazon or Woot as the seller (Seller is shown in the Buy Box after Sold by). All other Nexx Garage 3rd party sellers on Amazon are unauthorized.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
NEXX SMART GARAGE - NEVER FORGET TO CLOSE YOUR GARAGE
Go anywhere anytime and be in total control and rest-assured.
NOTIFICATIONS & REMINDERS
Receive instant notifications on who is coming or going from your garage – including alerts in case someone forgets to close the door.
CONTOL & MONITOR
Securely open, close, schedule, and monitor your garage door from anywhere in the world. Never worry if you have left your garage door open again!
VOICE CONTROL (CERTIFIED)
Control your garage door hands free! Simply let Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant know what you want to do.
"Alexa, close the garage."
SHARE - KNOW WHO & WHEN
Share access with multiple people, like your kids, parents, and friends. Or, securely open the door for a guest who arrives while you’re away.
NEXX HOME APP OFFERS GREAT CONTROL OVER YOUR GARAGE DOOR ACTIVITIES
How can I check if my garage door opener is compatible, and if it's not, is there a work-around for it?
Check for compatibility on GetNexx website or test by following the Compatibility image instructions in the product image gallery. For incompatible openers, we offer a FREE adapter that can make an incompatible opener work with Nexx Garage.
How many garage doors can Nexx Garage control, and is there a subscription fee?
One Nexx Garage controller is needed for each garage door with an opener, so garage door(s) with 2 openers will need 2 Nexx Garage controllers. There is no subscription fee or other hidden costs.
What is the companion mobile app, what operating system it's compatible with, and where can I download it?
The companion mobile app is Nexx Home, and it is compatible with both Apple IOS and Google Android. It can be downloaded free from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Can I still use my existing garage door controllers such as wall button and remote?
You can continue to use your existing controllers. Nexx Garage adds more ways to control your garage from anywhere anytime through convenient ways such as tapping on the phone app, speaking to smart assistants (Alexa, Google, Siri), and auto opening.
Can Nexx Garage NXG-200 be installed on gates?
Nexx Garage can work on gates if used with a wired sensor, which is available as an option.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Opening or closing the door using the app is almost instantaneous. No delay.
• I have a manual off switch on my garage door button which I turn off at night. No issues. Door cannot be overridden by Nexx when the door is locked which is great.
• This is not necessarily a pro or con but a neat feature. You can enable your device to detect your location of your cell. When you drive up about 2 or 3 homes away, the garage door will open on its own. I haven’t come across a security issue with that yet but you can easily disable that feature.
• On the IOS app, I’m assuming Android is the same, there is a current status (open or closed)
• The time stamps will detect when the garage door or open and closed. You need to set your notification setting on your cell phone (I use an iPhone). It also notifies my iWatch. The best thing about this feature is that it sends you a reminder 20 minutes or so later to remind you your garage door is still open. This is great for those of you who cannot remember if you closed your garage door or not.
• If you open the door manually or by remote from car, it will just log that it was opened. However it was opened by your cell phone, it will log a name of the person who accessed the garage.
• My daughter called me about the keypad not working. Apparently the battery died and I was away from home. I was able to instantly open the garage door from my cell. That was a life saver.
• Install and setup can be a little challenging but it really isn’t too bad. With that said, there were a couple of things I needed to purchase. I bought an aluminum sheet from Lowes (a few bucks) to cut up and shape in to a bracket. Also, Nexx unit requires 110V. Both of my plugs on the ceiling at the garage door motor was used so I had to purchase a 1 foot splitter, 1 plug in to 3. I only needed 1 in to 2 but I could not find one as short as 1 foot. I did not buy a plug splitter because I didn’t want the cords hanging upside down from the ceiling. The one foot cord let me rest everting on the garage door opener (motor). Although installation was not too bad, the extra hardware needed and the lack of details that tell you that you may need to purchase extra hardware makes this a con.
• This is not a pro or con. I consider it a concern. My garage door time stamp was off by one hour when it was opened by my cell. If I opened it manually, the time stamp was fine. I checked my PC, Network and cell phone time setting but they were fine. I emailed Nexx about the issue. Note, I emailed them on Saturday of a 3 day weekend. I expected to get a response on Tuesday but they responded that same day which is excellent support. My concern is that they only said they fixed the time and emailed that they set it to MST (Mountain Standard Time) so I shouldn’t have any problems any more. Sure enough, they did fix the problem but now I’m concerned they can access my garage door opener. I did not give them any of my information, I just asked how to do it myself. They must have used my email address to access my account. Not that they would do anything criminal but I am now just wondering how much they can access and disable without my knowledge, meaning can people hack in to Nexx and access my garage?
• This is currently under “concern” but can easily be a “Con”. Nexx is looking in to my issue. The app size supposed to be 18.3MB. Nexx said with the logs it should be around 20MB. For some reason my data for my app is taking up 1.93GB. If they cannot fix this, this issue will definitely be going under con.
- Allows you to setup multiple users
- Garage Door up warning
- Detailed Notifications (Since there are multiple users at play here you get a notification that states <Wifey> Opened <House> closed) Great feature when you wonder who opened the garage.
- Support (They will provide feedback within 24 hours)
- Confirmed it works with Amazon Echo (Just remember to enable the skill)
- Documentation - After connecting the Nexx Garage to your Wifi Network the instructions are sketchy. I have a Craftsman 1.2 HP and the instructions included do not work for this unit. I had to reach out to support and spend time on Sears Youtube channel to figure out the correct connections to open an close the door.
- Setup Time - Nexx Garage states 20 minutes to get this device stood up. In reality it takes about 4 to 5 hours. You have to figure in time to run to your local hardware store to pick up a few items, configuration problems with connecting to your garage door (Especially, if you have a Craftsman.), and next is mounting the sensor that required additional effort.
- Cost - This device should be around the $50 - $75 range because of all of the additional work required.
- You will need tools in addition to a drill.
Nexx Garage is a good product once you have it stood up and the sensors in place. The user interface is good. I just wish they had a Web GUI interface that you could access from your PC or MAC. I also wish they would have provided a mounting bracket in addition to the 4 screws.
Before you get started here are a few tips...(not necessarily in this order)
1. Visit the Nexx Garage website and confirm your garage door opener is compatible.
2. Take a look at the installation examples. You can find them on Nexx Garage's website under Support> Install Examples. (I will also share a few photos that will help.
3. Review their installation videos.
4. Measure to see how much clearance you have this will help in determining how much room you have for cables and mounting the sensor.
5. Once you have the device take a trip to the local hardware store and bring one of the sensors with you.
Here are the items I picked up:
1. Simpson Strong-Tie 20-Gauge 1-1/4 in. x 9 in. Strap Tie $0.93 (Used to mount the sensor on the garage door. They come in various sizes.
Pick the length that makes sense for your garage door. The product is bendable but strong enough to keep the sensor in place.)
2. A small bag of screws (6), lock washers, and nuts(6). roughly $4
3. Surge Suppressor $5 (To power cycle the device, if needed. Make sure the surge suppressor is mountable.)
4. Zip Ties
5. (Industrial strength) Velcro (Nexx Garage provides some small pieces of Velcro. I just wanted something a little more reliable. I attached the
Nexx Garage to the back of motor.)
6. Bicycle Hook to hold the cable away from the door. $.75
I added a few photos for additional info... I also included a picture of the correct connections for Craftsman owners.
Top reviews from other countries
The open/close status of the garage door doesn’t update reliably. Often you’ll close the door and it will
still report that it is open or vice-versa. This creates an even bigger problem than the device is intended to resolve as you never know what the accurate status of the door is and you feel forced to check it because you can’t trust the app. Since I don’t want to open and close the garage door several times to fix it I have to peel the velcroed sensor off the garage door and tilt it back and forth near the main unit until it finally shows the correct status...it’s a pain.
It seems to be an issue with the wireless door sensor not always communicating properly. It is compatible with a wired sensor which would likely be a better option but it’s impossible to find for sale in Canada, not to mention it would make an already pricey garage opener even more expensive.
Another major issue is that the wifi connectivity is inconsistent. I have a good signal in the garage which is also reflected by the nexx unit/app when working properly. However it will often drop from good to average, weak, and offline even though there is no change with the wifi or usability of any other devices from the same spot. It is only the nexx device that has this kind of large variance. When offline it’s almost impossible to manually get it back online again even after rebooting the nexx unit and the router. It will just decide to re-connect at some point afterwards on its own. After going through this for a couple weeks it appears to be temperature related. The weather has been warm and as the garage temperature increases the Nexx’s signal strength gets worse. Once it is around 30C or more the device is always showing offline. When it cools off the wifi connection reestablishes and gets stronger. I know that sounds odd but this behaviour has been very consistent and predictable. Such a temperature sensitive device is obviously a deal breaker for an un-heated Canadian garage which can range from -25 to +35 across the year. Every time I’ve come home this last week the door wouldn’t open because the device was “offline” during that hot part of the day.
Also despite being sold in Canada the device is pretty US-centric. You can’t even make an account during setup without providing a US zip code....you have to renter a random/fake one to proceed. The company doesn’t sell accessories like the wired sensors to Canada through its website and they cannot be found easily here on Amazon.ca or elsewhere. Also some advertised features like opening a door with Alexa and shortcut commands don’t work in Canada with no mention of that anywhere. If you deal with support and need to have something shipped or warrantied you will have to pay for shipping as they only ship for free within the US.
When the device works properly it’s great and very convenient. Also customer support was extremely responsive...usually sending a reply back each time within an hour, even after normal business hours. Despite a lot of troubleshooting attempts tho the device remains way too unreliable. Connection issues combined with the inaccurate door status made it more of a hassle than a benefit.
Capability to auto-open door as you approach home is not great. Quite limited in how close you need to be; in my case, the door will open if you're with about a block and a half of my home. So, it opens when I am walking the dog and have my cell with me, then stop to speak to someone....door is opened 10 minutes before I actually get home. This one I understand, it's a GPS limitation, not the NEXX device or app. Just a heads-up that if you live in a dense area, this isn't going to work well.
Received the wired sensor in 7 days. Installed & now open/close notifications are transmitted immediately. Please don’t ask me about the final cost/benefit of this item.
It took 10 mins to install and configure and has been awesome!
1. Check on status of door (open or closed) anytime from anywhere via the app
2. Set a schedule to auto open or close
3. Setup users with limited access to features so they can also use the app to open / close the door
Should be standard equipment on modern garage doors.