Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Carrie Underwood All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on July 26, 2014
I'm one of those men who had used nioxin for many years, quite satisfied with the results until the dreaded formula change, when it became ineffective for me. I have been on the search for a new product ever since, and based on the positive reviews I decided to try this. I have now been using this product for over 3 months, and frankly, I'm disappointed in this. My hair loss has increased during my use of this product, though I know that it's probably not due directly to use of this product. I'm just saying it won't even prevent future hair loss whereas the nioxin product encouraged new growth in my thinning areas in addition to it's conditioning and thickening properties. This product also has relatively no conditioning properties whatsoever. The formula is clear, nearly as thin as water and has no fragrance either. It leaves my hair oily and without body. That's just been my experience. RIP original nioxin. You are missed by many. Though it IS expensive I will be trying the lipogaine big 3 product next.

Update 8/20/14 - Once I was committed to using up the product to rid myself of it and gain shelf space I began to double up on the amount I was using. Two full pumps into my palm and then lathering it up really well, then doubling the time I let sit lathered on my head during my shower. My results gradually began to improve. It does seem to more effective with heavier application. Still not quite as effective as nioxin USED to be, but more so than just the one pump and the normal washing. That's enough for me to stay encouraged about the product. We will see in the coming weeks.
on August 21, 2009
I've been using the Biotin shampoo for almost a year now and I found it to provide a thorough, gentle cleaning of my hair and scalp and, when used as directed, hair feels stronger, thicker and, of course, clean. I don't believe I will be getting back to my my previous brand (Nexxus Therape). While more expensive, the Biotin shampoo appears to be the best for my hair so far - for some background, I have a full head of hair but it's in the process of thinning and maybe my forehead advanced by half an inch in the past 10 years :) so I'm a lot more conscious of what washes my hair now than I was 10 years ago.

Biotin is part of the VitaTress line of products, designed for those whose hair is in the process of thinning. It is claimed that Biotin eliminates excess sebum, strengthens hair and adds thickness and body to it. I concur with these claims. When use as directed - massage into hair and scalp and let it stay there for THREE MINUTES before rinsing - the hair comes out literally 'squeaky clean'. It really squeaks if you rub your hand on your wet hair, or it does so for me. There is absolutely no feeling of discomfort while using the shampoo. Once the hair dries, it feels significantly stronger and thicker and it looks healthier and more alive than before the Biotin treatment. The other claim, that this shampoo slows or reverses hair loss I can't verify. Maybe I'll come back in a year or 2 and discuss share my findings but, as of now, all I can say is that my hair looks and feels better after I wash it with Biotin.

Additional facts worth sharing:

- A bottle this size is likely to last for many months so, while the price is high, it's not THAT high when spread over 4 to 6 months.
- While it's not stated anywhere, it seems to act as a conditioner. I would not use use a conditioner after Biotin myself.
- The 'pump' bottle is very convenient because it helps you get the proper amount without waste and it prevents water from the shower from diluting the contents.
- For what is worth, the ingredients include: Jojoba oil, Biotin, Cysteine, Inositol and Methionine plus DHT inhibitors.
- Other ingredients include: Ginseng root extract, Ginkgo Bilboa extract, Swertia Japonica extract, Palmaria Palmata extract and so forth.

I will continue to use Biotin until I am made aware of a superior product. Until then, I am happy with it.
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2014
I used this shampoo for years. I have always had fine and thin hair, and that's just not cute on a woman. This shampoo cleans my hair very well, and doesn't weigh it down like most shampoos. The down sides.... biotin is listed pretty far down on the list of ingredients, so how effective is it really? It also did not help my hair to fill out at all, which was the whole reason for trying it to begin with. I stuck with it for so long thinking maybe it was a slow process. I came to find out that all it did was make what little hair I do have grow really fast. I still continued to use it though because it did not leave a build up on my hair. Well.... I started reading reviews, blogs, and various websites, and discovered a MUCH cheaper alternative!....Suave Professionals Volumizing Shampoo! A bottle of Suave is only about $2.00, and it gets my hair just as clean, and smells sooooo much better! The Nexxus shampoo may help hair growth if your hair is thinning, but I'm not sure. If your hair has always been thin, this isn't the "miracle product" you've been waiting for. Save your money and just get the Suave Professionals Volumizing Shampoo. It's a better buy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I started using this shampoo a few weeks ago. My hair has always been very fine. I have baby blonde hair and I'm in my 40's. My hair is starting to show signs of thinning. This shampoo has made my hair look twice as full. My hair appears thicker, but its really not helping with hair growth. I dont think I would use another shampoo since my hair looks much fuller. I am using the scalp treatment as well. I think the combo of the 2 products has done wonders for my hair. It is a bit pricey but, I am worth it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2014
I have pcos and at the age of thirty I am experiencing some thinning hair. It is not noticeable by others at this point, but I'm starting to be able to see my scalp clearly through my hair. I started using this and after about three to four weeks I have about a centimeter in length of very fine spiky hairs poking through here and there. I wouldn't consider this a miracle shampoo, but I'll take a few new hairs. I'm undecided if it is worth the price, but I will use this until I hear of something better. It has a light fruity scent. Lathers well and makes my hair feel clean. I use a conditioner on my hair length-not scalp otherwise my hair feels coarse and is hard to brush. I will continue to use this and see how it goes. If things continue to improve with the shampoo I will post again to update.
on June 14, 2015
Is great shampoo, smells light and not too heavy. The shampoo is non stripping to hair. Makes hair very soft, not sticky or hard to manage. I enjoy the product very much
on July 11, 2014
This is a great shampoo it really cleans your scalp and it's a great value I use this then Toppik Keratinizing shampoo and my hair gets really thick. Plus its supposed to remove dht which is something I really need.
on April 7, 2014
I have fine, thin hair and this shampoo when used as directed gives my hair body and thickness. I have been using Nexxus Vitatress Biotin shampoo for a couple years now and hope Amazon continues to carry the shampoo. The price is very reasonable and shipping was very fast. Amazon's customer service was great. They provided assistance and shipped their product at no cost to me when the first company I ordered the shampoo from did not have the product available and cancelled my order without notifying me.
on July 21, 2015
Love this shampoo. My hair was breaking off and thinning I needed something to stop this. Did some research online and this product was highly recommended. I gave it a try and instantly it gave me volume and within 30 days I noticed less breaking.
on June 30, 2015
The only shampoo my husband will use. He has been using for over a decade and still has significantly more hair then his brother's, he claims this shampoo is the reason why. Not sure if that is true but it does make his hair soft and smell good.