Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Niagara 77001WHCO1 Stealth 0.8 GPF Toilet with Elongated Bowl and Tank Combo, White
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on April 25, 2013
I did some research online about quiet low volume toilets. This is the only toilet on the market that uses vacuum assist which makes for the quietest flushes. I found it cheaper online off of Amazon. I ordered a TOTO SS114-01 Transitional SoftClose Elongated Toilet Seat, Cotton White to go with it as the Stealth doesn't ship with a seat (despite the photos on the product pages). I installed it myself - very easy to do. It flushes quietly and only needs one flush to do the job. I'm looking forward to lower water bills.

Check your local water department for rebates. LADWP currently is giving a $100 rebate towards the purchase of efficient toilets which makes a new toilet slightly more expensive than replacing the fill valve and flappers in an old water wasting toilet.
on December 14, 2013
Overall, I'm very happy with this toilet and would highly recommend it to others.

FYI. Not only is the wax ring and seat not included. You will need either save your old nuts to secure the toilet to the floor or buy new ones.

I recommend the Fernco wax free toilet seals. From looking at the design and installing it myself, I can see how this is a superior way to seal. You can feel the seal click in from the ribs. I bought the 3" as well as 4" version because I was not sure what size drain was under my toilet. I hear 4" is the most common though. There is one available for sale on Amazon. But from looking at the picture, it appears to be an older design, as the one I bought at Lowe's has 4 ribs whereas the one for sale on Amazon for a very low price had two ribs on the picture. I don't know. Maybe it is just the picture.

You should check the new toilet and tank first and make sure it not damaged from shipping before removing your old one. Otherwise, you may find yourself reinstalling your old toilet.

A plunger is helpful in getting most of the water out from the bowl. Then I used a small towel and bucket to get the rest of the water out. I suppose you can use a wet dry vac too.

I personally separated the old tank and bowl to lessen the weight for disposal. I put the old tank and bowl in separate large garbage bags so that no water drips onto my floor while I carry it out of the house.

Some people recommend caulking the base of the toilet. I normally do not do this because if the toilet is leaking. I prefer to see the leak instead of having the caulking keep the moisture in.

Fortunately, my toilet was level with the floor when installed. But you can use coins in the back of the base if it is not level.

Despite the being pressure assisted, this is the quietest toilet in my house. You can hear it yourself by searching for this toilet on youtube.

While I have no issues with the height of this toilet, others in my household do. So you might want to take this into consideration before you purchase it.
on May 3, 2013
The toilet works great and saves a ton of water! It sits really high which I like, the only thing I didn't like is it didn't come with a wax ring or a toilet seat. Overall I'm glad I installed three of these toilets because they function well, look good and save water...what more could you ask a toilet to do?
on December 15, 2014
Let me just say I am all for water saving toilets - that work. We used to have an awesome toilet that was NOT water efficient and it was great! it never clogged (which is awesome because we don't even own a plunger - and we still don't) and it was very comfortable. We decided to lay down new tile and thats when our awesome toilet cracked. So our friend went to the store (since it was his fault) and bought a water efficient toilet with 2 flush settings and it really sucked. The poor thing had no power. By the end of the week, my husband and I couldn't stand it anymore so we decided to return it and look for a new toilet. We already had some other toilet on our cart until we passed by an end aisle that was advertising the "new innovation: Stealth toilet". i felt bad for asking, so instead i told my husband to dump whatever we had in the cart for this new stealth toilet. I had a good feeling about it and it would only cost us $20 more than what we were planning on buying.

Let me tell you, this toilet ROCKS! None of our guests can tell its a water efficient toilet. It very quiet, in fact, its so quiet i don't feel guilty flushing in the middle of the night like i used to with our old toilet. My husband can do some real damage to a toilet after a big meal, but this toilet takes it like a champ - sometimes! That's the only downfall to this toilet is that it will clog up and fill with water, however, it always unclogs itself (hence, we STILL don't own a plunger). We usually let it sit for about 5 minutes and when the water goes down it usually takes everything with it. If it doesn't, then we'll flush it once or twice and then everything will go down. The easiest solution to this problem is, whenever you feel like its gonna be a big one.... just flush once half way through and then once more at the end of the job. You still use less water than the average toilet flush and you probably won't have to do this often. I also like it because it's a bit taller than what i'm used to, which is great after "leg day" at the gym.

All in all, its a fantastic toilet and since we're in California, we feel like we've done our contribution to be "water wise".
on March 9, 2013
Amazed at how quickly it arrived. It was extremely well packed in foam and free of any damage.
My plumber installed it and it went quickly into the place of the old unit. My wife hated the old unit because about 5:00 in the morning she was often awakened by the sound of plunging and repeated flushing.

The Niagara is quiet and totally stunning as to how it clears the bowl the first time around. Expect to save a bundle due to both the low volume and the fact that one flush does the job.
on August 4, 2014
Finally decided to upgrade the toilet in my bathroom which had been in the house since it was built (1964). It was an old 5-gallon flush toilet, which I was told was something to keep since it flushed better than most newer toilet....not the case. This Niagara with the power flush only uses .8 of a gallon of water yet we haven't had any issue with it at all and has worked smooth as can be. Only thing we noticed was that the bowl itself is about 3 inches higher off the ground than the previous American Standard toilet so took some getting used to when seated at the throne! But other than that, I have no complaints and will likely replace all the toilets in the house with this model.
on August 13, 2014
Just be aware that for #2, you might need to flush a couple times to get waste further into the drain line.
It is very quiet and the water fills back up in no time.
Seat height is slightly higher than regular toilets.
I love it otherwise.
on December 17, 2013
It saves on water. It has a nice height to it. Never had any flushing issues and I have 3 kids.
on March 18, 2013
Best toilet I have ever purchased. 0.8 gallons per flush extremely quiet flush and fill, the flush really takes all the waste away in one flush and it looks great. Very glad I purchased it!
on February 4, 2015
Installed a new one of these in my house four months ago and was so happy with it for the first 3 months. Gradually it began to act like it was clogged. Now the vacuum action just stopped, and there isn't enough water in the tank to flush anything unless you practically stand on the button and hold it down and then reflush once or twice. We know it's not a clog, because we have poured gallons of water down it testing it. It appears the vacuum just decided to stop. This is a two-person household and we did not overuse it or abuse it or anything. It just stopped working!!
This toilet is a waste of money, water and energy.