Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: niceeshop(TM) Retro Flip Down Clock , Internal Gear Operated,Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on April 23, 2013
I purchased this clock 3 weeks ago and have been using it on my nightstand.

Pros: Looks great, have not noticed any time drifts yet.

Cons:

If you are sensitive to noise, this clock produces something similar to as if you lived 3 blocks away from a level 4 rapids. I have attached a 4 seconds video, judge for yourselves. (-1)
Requires a D battery to operate. This is just my personal preference, but I would have loved it powered on AC. (-1)
22 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
Can't beat for the price - it is just as described. I've had it for about a week now, its accuracy is still within a minute of the actual time. Its a bit larger than I expected, for some reason - the digit plates are about 2.5" square (the ones I remember from the '70s were smaller), and the whole clock stands about 6.5" tall. I was hoping to find an AC powered version, but this one was the only one I can find - it runs fine on the single D-cell batter, which goes into the cylinder in the center of the clock. I also bought an AC adapter that will do 1.5V and plan to wire in a socket so I can power it from AC. There is a small bit of motor noise (you can hear it running in a totally quiet room, for example), and the expected "click" once a minute as the number plates advance. Take note of the expected delivery date - its shipped directly from China and perhaps not manufactured until it is ordered. The estimated delivery date for mine was a month away, yet, in my case, it was actually delivered within two weeks, although other reviewers noted almost the full four week delay, evidently. I wasn't in a hurry, especially as it was around $30 cheaper than other similar units.
Update a month later: still running great, time accuracy still within a minute (if not exactly correct).
on October 25, 2014
We have the clock in our living room and it looks amazing on the side table. It's kept time precisely the for several months now and I've never had to reset it. You can hear the internal mechanism working and the little cards flipping every minute but in the living room it doesn't bother anyone. Maybe not good for the bedroom unless you have some other ambient noise like a floor fan or noise maker. As decoration it's perfect though.
review image
on November 27, 2012
I just received my clock the same Day as I type this as I won't remember to do this 6 months from now, so this is a first impression review.

The clock is better quality than I expected for what is payed for and requires a single 'D' battery and runs the minute One tightens the battery cap. The base is steel, the main housing is plastic, but with metal findings for added rigidity. The clock is quiet with the very slightest noise from the transmission box, and the once a minute 'flip' and should not distract from Ones sleep.

No complicated setting; just Rolodex the numerals with the knob on the right side to the correct time and done.

Very stylish looking and really stands out, not bland. I think You will enjoy this clock.

UPDATE : I have had this clock for almost a Year now and is still on the same D battery; keeps almost perfect time with no adjustment needed except for Daylight Savings. STILL VERY HAPPY!
on March 9, 2013
Like others here, I like the design of this clock. I barely hear the motor. Do hear the "snick" of the number falling each minute, "double snick" on the hour, which just reminds me that my life is snicking away.

At first, it lost more than one minute per day. I decided to return it and buy another. After about 10 days, it settled down and now keeps good time.
on August 16, 2013
The look of this, the retroness of it, and all the mechanical things of this makes a great clock. HOWEVER, this thing is SO loud!

I had to stick this somewhere far away from anywhere I sit, or sleep.

It's not the ticking, but it's the constant, irregular plastic gears rolling (not ticking, but rolling) sound that usually will drive anybody crazy.

Also, whenever it gets to 53 minutes or so, it flips the hour time to the next hour, which really confused me for a while, until I figured out that it was happening. I'm pretty sure there is a way to control this. There are some mechanical stop element rod on hour flip side that I'm sure there is a way to adjust this. I just don't know how.

I put this on my kitchen and it looks amazing. So, if this thing was quiet, I'm pretty sure they can charge twice as much, and I would probably pay more for it. It's really an awesome way to show the time. Very unique and adds interest to wherever you put it.

EDIT: I'm adding one more star, because:

1. my cat knocked this down to a hard marble floor and all of the pieces with numbers came off. I thought that was it, but everything works still, and it was easy to put the numbers back on.

2. I finally figured out what that little piece of metal hook was. That hook is there to hold the hour flip, so it synchronize with the minute flips. Now the hours don't flip until after 59 minutes.

However, it's still loud. It's not ticking, it's not clicking, but it's this constant, uncoordinated irritable sound.

It's not a very pleasing sound.
on September 18, 2014
Overall this is a very cool clock. I didn't need to adjust anything it tells perfect time so far. The only issue I had was that the first unit was dead on arrival, I bought from an amazon seller and they replaced it promptly with a working one.

As someone else said there is a slight noise that it makes as the numbers flip down, but sitting across my office it's barely noticeable and definitely not annoying, and it only happens every 60 seconds. Just a tiny click as they fall down to reveal the numbers behind them.
on February 22, 2015
Was very hesitant about buying something made in China with a long several weeks estimated delivery date. To my surprise I received the clock in less than a week? I was horrified when it was delivered. The clock was in the thin box it would be in if you bought it from a store. There was a thin sheet of colored plastic wrapped around the box with the delivery labels on it. That's it! This clock has some precision parts on it that could have easily been broken. There should have been some kind of padding around it! Luckily I don't have to try and return a broken clock as it somehow arrived intact.(I am still amazed about that). Anyway, I love the clock. Set up was easy, seems to be of good quality, the small sound it makes when the minutes flip over is not a problem. It's in my living room on top of my entertainment stand, next to my TV. If you put it in a bedroom or a smaller room the flipping sound would be more noticeable. It's pretty accurate and defiantly isn't a boring looking clock.
on April 2, 2014
I initially liked the clock. It looked pretty cool, Quality was obviously not top notch, but it worked and I was fine with it.

At one point though, the clock started being so loud that I could not possibly keep it running and its the biggest pain in the a** to put the battery in and twist the cover to operating position.
on February 11, 2015
Received the clock two days ago, and inserted the battery ( D ) set the time ( very easy ) and it took off. Two days later, it is keeping accurate time. Some have said it is a little noisy for a night table. You can hear it in a quiet room, so that might not be good for some. But otherwise, the noise is very slight, not at all bothersome in any other setting. One perk is....everybody comments on how unusual it is. I love it ! UPDATE:

I have had this clock a couple of months now, and am amazed at how accurate it is. I love it!