Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Philadelphia Mint Jefferson Nickel from 2003
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on January 27, 2015
As the title suggests, this is a Philadelphia Mint, the Jefferson Nickel brand. As an avid mint lover, I was cautious because I had never heard of the Jefferson Nickel brand, but I ended up buying it anyway for the design. Let me tell you, this was the worst mint I have ever ingested. When I touched it, it felt very stale., and hard. When I put the mint in my mouth, it almost had a metallic taste. When I tried to chew it, my theory of it being stale was confirmed. One of my teeth started coming loose, and I thought, "Hey, I spent 3.95 plus shipping on this thing! I am gonna get my money's worth, so I just swallowed it! About 30 minutes later, my stomach started to disagree with what I had ingested, It felt like my stomach was going to burst! I waited about 1 hour, and the unbearable pain was still happening in my stomach, I thought I just had to go to the bathroom, and when I tried to, I couldn't! So, not only did this mint taste bad, but it caused constipation too! It was a mint lover's worst nightmare! Most definitely would NOT recommend to a mint lover!
on December 2, 2014
Oh wait...
on September 6, 2014
After purchasing, this nickel suddenly became alive and devoured any living part of my family tree excluding myself. Luckily, I won't have to smell my aunt's perfume anymore. Sadly, the nickel refused to eliminate my girlfriend before exploding. Make a more reliable product and I will gladly rate 5 stars.
on July 3, 2014
Well, I had assumed since it SAYS mint that this was, in fact, a 25 cent chocolate mint of a 5 cent coin. Boy was i wrong. A few Doctor office visits later and I'll be sure they get their NICKELBACK!!
on June 20, 2014
I didn't even know I could still get these, love it, the nickel is so different today I'm glad I came across this guy!!!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon February 28, 2014
Getting a nickel for five dollars doesn't make sense to me but I guess I'm not a money collector. Here's a pro tip if you take a five dollar bill to a bank and ask for just nickels back your getting in 100. I recommend you do that instead :)
on February 26, 2014
I was going to take the bus to town for a cup of coffee at the local coffee shop but I noticed I was a nickel short. Being smart I know that you can find anything on amazon so I ran to my computer and typed in nickel. Sure enough this one popped up. I was thrilled. it was only going to cost me $4.74 with shipping. Naturally I ordered it right away.. This is where the disappointing part comes in. I had to wait over a week for the nickel to arrive in the mail. In the time I waited I spent a quarter and 2 dimes. Now I need to go search amazon for quarters and dimes...Stupid slow shipping!
on December 24, 2013
I love the idea and have to admit that the chance of getting a coin from the future is well worth the risk. You may receive a spike in sales due to imgur
on December 23, 2013
This nickel did not, in fact, taste minty at all. Needless to say, I was infuriated about this less than satisfactory transaction.
on December 23, 2013
I don't know what's up with some other reviewers saying that this item wasn't as described, you really just have to read the fine print on the sale. I did, and I'm happy with it. I was concerned at first about it coming from the Philadelphia Mint (I hate the Eagles), but I guess this is just the price of living in a globalized world: sometimes you have to accept things coming from sources you wouldn't choose if you had a better choice. I took one star off because I feel that the "2003" could have been in a font that made it look more symmetrical, but my wife says I'm being too critical about this ("it isn't ACTUALLY symmetrical," etc.). We're now saving up for the $5 bill--it might have to be a late Christmas present to ourselves.