|Price:||$49.99 ($0.29 / Count) & FREE Shipping. Details|
|Price:||$42.07 ($0.25 / Count) FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Nicorette Nicotine Gum Original 2 milligram Stop Smoking Aid 170 count
- Use this effective nicotine gum to on a regular schedule to prevent cravings throughout the day
- Provides nicotine to your system as a temporary aid to help you quit smoking by reducing nicotine withdrawal symptoms
- Includes free access to Committed Quitters, an online resource that can give you an individualized stop-smoking plan
- Designed to allow your body to adjust to having less nicotine over a 12-week period through a gradual, step-down process
- Start with at least 9 pieces of Nicorette a day
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Flavor: Original | Size: 2 Milligram, 170 Count
From the Manufacturer
We Know How, You Know Why
Every quitter has their own 'why', their own dream or goal that makes quitting worth the challenge.
Nicorette can help give you what you need on your quit journey - products, support, and a community committed to helping you quit.
Intense Craving Relief in Minutes*
Nicorette Gum is an effective and easily portable solution to help relieve cravings during your quit journey.
Easy-to-chew and sugar-free, Nicorette Gum can double your chances of quitting smoking.
*15 minutes. Craving relief associated with quitting smoking.
- Shiffman S, Shadel WG, Niaura R, Khayrallah MA, Jorenby DE, Ryan CF et al. Efficacy of acute administration of nicotine gum in relief of cue-provoked cigarette craving. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2003; 166(4):343-350.
What is Nicotine Gum?
Nicotine gum is chewing gum specially formulated with nicotine to help you kick your smoking habit one craving at a time. It’s a form of nicotine replacement that’s available in 2 mg and 4 mg for effective craving relief. A prescription is not required for nicotine gum.
Nicotine gum is an ideal stop smoking aid if you:
- Want a portable method of nicotine replacement.
- Would like to control your intake of nicotine.
-Prefer to give your mouth the relief of chewing.
- As stated in the directions, you can enjoy an extra piece of gum within the hour for strong or frequent cravings.
How does Nicorette Gum Work?
When used as directed, Nicorette gums effectively help relieve your cravings and reach your goal to quit smoking. Read on to learn the hows and whys of this effective method.
How does Nicorette work to help relieve cravings?
Nicorette helps provide effective relief for cravings associated with quitting smoking by delivering a controlled amount of nicotine to your system. This therapeutic nicotine is delivered gradually, in small amounts, to help soothe your nicotine cravings. As you use the Nicorette program as directed, your body gradually adjusts to getting less nicotine over time, until you no longer need any at all. By helping to relieve nicotine cravings, Nicorette lets you focus on your quit journey by managing the triggers that link cigarettes to so many of your daily activities.
If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg strength.
If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes after waking up, use 4-mg strength.
How to use Nicorette Gum?
- To improve your chances of success, chew at least 9 pieces of gum for the first 6 weeks and complete the 12-week program. Do not use more than 24 pieces of gum per day.
- Weeks 1-6 – One piece of gum every 1-2 hours.
- Weeks 7-9 – One piece of gum every 2-4 hours.
- Weeks 10-12 – One piece of gum every 4-8 hours.
- While using Nicorette Gum, be sure to follow the 'chew and park' instructions included on the label.
- Read label for complete directions for use.
How Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) can help you quit?
NRTs are over-the-counter (OTC) products that can help reduce your cravings and withdrawal symptoms while you adjust to life as a nonsmoker. They work by delivering lower levels of therapeutic nicotine without the 7,000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke. NRT gradually reduces the amount of nicotine your body needs until you no longer need it.
- People who use NRT to help quit smoking can double their chances of success versus placebo
- Millions of smokers around the world have used NRT products to help them in their quit attempt* (Based on sales data)
- NRT products (patch, gum) have even been included on the World Health Organization’s list of essential medicines
- NRT also has a well-established safety profile
You Can Start to Become Healthier the Day You Quit
Quit Smoking Timeline*
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Within 20 minutes of quitting. Updated May 27, 2004. Accessed October 28, 2014.
- 20 minutes after quitting your heart rate drops
- 12 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal
- 2 weeks to 3 months after quitting your heart attack risk begins to drop. Your lung function begins to improve
- 1 to 9 months after quitting your coughing and shortness of breath decrease
- 1 year after quitting your added risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker’s
- 5 years after quitting your stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker’s 5 to 15 years after quitting
- 10 years after quitting your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker’s. Your risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases
- 15 years after quitting your risk of coronary heart disease is back to that of a nonsmoker’s
Which NRT is right for you?
Ideal if you:
- Want an effective method of nicotine replacement.
- Would like to control your intake of nicotine.
- Prefer to give your mouth the relief of chewing.
- Enjoy the option to use an extra piece of gum within the hour for strong or frequent cravings.
Ideal if you:
- Prefer once-a-day application.
- Want a low-maintenance solution.
- Want a clear, thin, discreet patch.
- Need the flexibility of 24-hour or 16-hour use.
Prefer not to take an oral medication.
NicoDerm CQ Patch
Ideal if you:
- Want to control your nicotine intake.
- Prefer not to or cannot chew gum.
- Want a practically unnoticeable aid.
- Want a convenient way to help control cravings.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known. Do not use if you continue to smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff, or use a nicotine patch or other nicotine containing products. Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate; high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase blood pressure; stomach ulcers or diabetes. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are using a non-nicotine stop smoking drug; taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription may need to be adjusted. Stop use and ask a doctor if mouth, teeth, or jaw problems occur; irregular heartbeat or palpitations occur; you get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness, and rapid heartbeat. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Pieces of nicotine gum may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. Wrap used pieces of gum in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Blister packaged for your protection. Do not use if individual seals are open or torn.
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
Active Ingredient (In Each Chewing Piece): Nicotine Polacrilex (2 Mg). Inactive Ingredients: Flavors, Glycerin, Gum Base, Sodium Carbonate, Sorbitol, Sodium Bicarbonate.
To Increase Your Success in Quitting: 1. You must be motivated to quit. 2. Use enough - Chew at least 9 pieces of Nicorette per day during the first six weeks. 3. Use long enough - Use Nicorette for the full 12 weeks. 4. Use with a support program as directed in the enclosed User's Guide. To remove the gum, tear off single unit. Peel off backing starting at corner with loose edge. Push gum through foil. If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use. Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information. Stop smoking completely when you begin using the gum. If you smoke more than 25 cigarettes a day; use 4 mg nicotine gum. If you smoke less than 25 or more cigarettes a day; use according to the following 12 week schedule: Weeks 1 to 6 - 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours; Weeks 7 to 9 - 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours; Weeks 10 to 12 - 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours. Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results. Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns. Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes). Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece. To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks. If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects. Do not use more than 24 pieces a day. Stop using the nicotine gum at the end of 12 weeks. If you still feel the need to use nicotine gum, talk to your doctor. Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 degrees F). Protect from light.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The 14mg patch was too strong for me, so the combination of the 7mg patch (which gives a steady source of nicotine I don't have to think about) plus this little bit extra is perfect. The Nicoderm patch is the best and it gives as consistent a dose of nicotine as you're going to get, but it still wanes a bit over time. I shower and put on a new patch at night which contributes to some vivid dreams but it's what works for me. I wear the patch 24 hours a day, chew one piece of gum around 2 PM, and the second around 8 PM. If I showered in the morning I would have the first piece of gum around dinner time and the second near bedtime.
I have purchased a 110-piece package of the gum on sale plus a $15 off coupon at the pharmacy. The regular price of the original flavor on Amazon is comparable to that (39.94 ($0.23 / piece) currently) and the Subscribe and Save price is even cheaper. I'll use nicotine for the foreseeable future because I can't seem to do without it. As my doctor said, it's the smoking that kills you. This is cheaper, is saving my life, and I'm happy with the product and the outcome.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
MY ERROR - NOT COATED - DON'T LIKE - ALSO, IT'S A PAIN TO TAKE OUT EACH PIECE - WITH THE COATED ONES, THEY JUST POP OUT VERY EASILY -Published 1 day ago by BOB - MEQUON,WI
Exactly as described, quick shipping and great price! Thank you!Published 2 days ago by Lisa S Baker
I received a refund. I ordered them for my son but he decided he didn't want them.Published 1 month ago by Estherrene Coleman
There's a reason why it's cheap.
This is the non coated, s***ty tasting kind.
Good luck getting the product out when it's even a bit warm. Even in jacket pocket, and forget about in a pants pocket - the gum softens to the consistency of putty and sticks to... Read morePublished 2 months ago by TGav
not very pleased. product had very strong chemical smell and was rock hard and very hard to chew. I will order from Amazon next timePublished 2 months ago by Sheila