FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Action-Packed Battles – Players switch between melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game joins together beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. Environments contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – The game tells the story of androids and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customize a loadout that caters to their playstyle
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Developer: PlatinumGames Inc.
An extra-terrestrial invasion has left mankind exiled on the moon. Androids are sent to the deserted ruins of our home planet in order to remove the menacing Mechanoids. The YoRHa 2B, the latest infantry model android, is tasked with the perilous mission to rid of the invaders from the surface of Earth. Where will the on-going proxy war between Androids and Mechanoids lead to?
GameSpot – 9/10.
CGMagazine – 10/10.
PlayStation Universe – 9.5/10.
GamesRadar – [4.5 stars].
Destructoid – 9/10.
IGN – 8.9/10.
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on... A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world. Developed by an all-star team consisting of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST X / NIER), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard / NIER), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard 3 / NIER).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Almost immediately the game starts to subvert those expectations piece by piece, deconstructing and twisting in on itself until you've abandoned any notion of predictability.
The first thing that surprised me about the game was the consistent fluidity of the combat, and how the mechanics seem to hold up even as the game throws new ideas and situations at you. The basic controls and rhythm remain the same as the game forces the perspective of a top-down shooter, or a 2D platformer. These experimental shifts never require you to mentally adapt or use different controls. I've never seen a game transform itself so frequently and effortlessly.
The story is also in a league of its own, as it starts with a very simple premise yet expands into something far more transgressive and poignant. It conveys its themes in a very surreal, postmodern style that blends tragedy with dark, offbeat humor, even going so far as experimenting with the fundamental structure of video games itself. (Disclaimer: Do not stop playing once the credits roll. You've barely scratched the surface.)
This is one of those games that you will think about long after you finish it. I can't recommend it enough.
The term "masterpiece" gets thrown around a lot these days by below average video game reviewers who never thought to utilize a thesaurus. We live in the Tumblr age of reviews where something is either the "literal best" or the "literal worst" for arbitrary, non objective reasons with very little gray area or analysis. Coming from someone who abhors that style of review, I can tell you without doubt that this game is a masterpiece.
1. The game play mechanics have 4 different styles. 3d action RPG, 2d top down action RPG, 3d action shooter, and 2d top down action shooter. The controls are the exact same for all four types, allowing the game to flow seamlessly between them. Players experience all 4 within the first 30 minutes of the game. Players spend most of their time in 3d action RPG.
2. The game has a long story line that requires 3 total playthroughs to see all of. Don't worry, each playthrough is different in a way I won't say here because it would be a spoiler.
3. The graphics are really good.
4. There are plenty of side quests and mini games that are actually worth your time.
5. The world is large enough to be fun, but not so large as to make you feel overwhelmed.
6. The characters are eclectic, fun, varied, and written well.
7. The soundtrack is phenomenal.
8. Combat is among the best I've seen. It reminds me a lot of the God of War or Ninja Gaiden series, but smoother, slightly slower, and more deliberate. Plus this one has the other 3 game play mechanics to keep things interesting.
9. It is possible to play this game all the way through without being hit once. Skill matters in this game. Good luck!
10. The menus are simple, easy to navigate, and laid out in a logical, orderly fashion. Hate it when games have huge menu systems for the sake of having huge menu systems. This one doesn't do that.
1. The only quirk I found myself not enjoying is the map. It's a weird topographical map that doesn't show a ton of detail. It's very simple, and you never know what you're going to find at an activity point which is fun, but a little more detail on the map would've been nice.
Anyway, this is one of my favorite games, ever. It's so well directed and put together that it's tough to find much wrong with it. It ticks all the boxes for an action RPG and adds some things that help keep the game fun when other games in the genre would start to get tedious. The story twists are amazingly executed in a way that requires players to pay attention. It's just so good. An honest, for real masterpiece.
Most recent customer reviews
I did liked
The story, unique.
The opportunity to play different routes.Read more