Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,872 reviews
on February 6, 2016
This book was very disappointing... I have an earlier edition of Tasha Tudors's "The Night Before Christmas", which I love so much, and was trying to buy a similar one for a family member. This does look like the pictures were by Tasha Tudor (there are corgis and owls...) but not when she was doing her work that we are familiar with. She used the other book for the ideas, there is the attempt to have similar pictures, but not only is the poem very condensed compared to the earlier book, the drawings are just not good, and Santa, still a "right jolly old elf", is downright scary! I do not recommend this book.
on December 14, 2011
This is the older version of The Night Before Christmas. It has the neat pictures in it that I remember when I was small and I am nearly 70 years old. It will be good to read to my great grandchildren.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
I love this story and was very excited to add it to my daughter's Christmas book collection.

Pros: The cover is puffy/squishy which gives it a childlike allure. The pictures are both realistic and cartoonish which allows a certain type of fantasy meets reality type of feel. I thoroughly appreciate the imagery of the book as it is something that will not be outgrown. I should also say this book has a nostalgic feel to me as pictures somewhat remind me of a book I owned when I was little.

Cons: The binding feels a little cheap, like if I were to handle it a little too roughly (or just simply over time) the pages would fall loose. The pages themselves feel very thin. I'm very nervous reading the book around my 1 year old as I feel one quick move on her part would shred the page in seconds.

Overall a great buy for the money and a great pictorial rendition of a classic Christmas poem.
on December 13, 2014
I recently purchased this vintage Hallmark book through Escape Fiction and I can honestly say, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I live in a more remote, rural, area of Canada, and finding these kinds of finds is quite difficult. The book was shipped in 2 weeks when it was estimated it would take 6 weeks. I remember reading this Christmas treasure when I was a very young girl and I am so thrilled I am now able (after 35 years) to give it to my own kids this Christmas who will hopefully enjoy it as much as I did. Compared to some of the other books that are listed on Amazon, this version that I bought is absolutely in EXCELLENT condition. No rips, no tears, no missing parts, no markings. It is a brand new book and I am so thankful for the research I did on it. I want to thank Escape Fiction for the discount they also gave me on this book. They are excellent booksellers and should be recognized for that. THANK YOU!!
review image
on August 15, 2017
The illustrations of this book are Five Star and I highly recommend this version of this wonderful classic poem. I gave this review three stars for several reasons. First of all, I ordered two copies of the book from the same seller at the time I placed the order and yet they arrived in two separate large boxes with no other items; that was a waste of packaging. Secondly, both books had pages that were stuck together. They were fairly easily separated and there was no damage, but the fact that they were stuck together made me think they'd been stored in damp conditions. I'm very glad that I received the books before giving them away and was able to present them more nicely, having separated the pages. The third problem was that the pages were slightly "rippled", not flat...again, suggesting they had been stored in damp conditions. There was no odor of dampness, but visually, they gave that impression. I have ordered this book from other sellers without these problems. I think that the seller needs to investigate why the books are arriving in this condition and also review their packaging protocol.
on January 3, 2016
Twas the Night Before Christmas A Visit from St. Nicholas by Clement C. Moore is a read aloud poem that still charms the heart after all these years.

It was a pleasure to enjoy as a Christmas tradition. Although it was written in 1912, I highly recommend reading this as a family ritual.

"When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the windows I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters & threw up the sash."

I gave this classic five stars.Twas the Night before Christmas: A Visit from St. Nicholas
VINE VOICEon December 30, 2013
Everyone has had a childhood memory of reading or being read their first Christmas tale and out of the many that have written Clement C. Moore’s The Night Before Christmas is the most memorable timeless classic and definitive story of jolly Old Saint Nicholas. But are readers familiar with The Night After Christmas? Indeed, it is an interesting story that tells of the follies of the night after the festivities are done and sugar plums dancing within one’s head ends up with a tummy ache and a visit from Dr. Brough. It is a play on "The Night Before" with a tongue-in-cheek quality and ends like the former, “And I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight: These feastings and candies make Doctor’s bills right!” (Kindle Location 70)

In addition to the legendary tale is a collection of somewhat obscure Christmas stories from around the world from the United States to Norway that may be of interest to any reader that is curious. They range from the humorous to the poetic but not quite within the similar vein of a Dickens, Irving, Ingalls Wilder, Alcott, or even a Waltons’ Christmas but short and sweet enough to share with the entire family. Although all of the stories are brief they resonate of what Christmas is all about -- kindness, gratitude, and thankfulness, which is displayed in several of the stories, Miriam T. Barnard’s “Mama’s Happy Christmas,””The Christmas Carol of the Birds” (Mrs. G. Hall), “A Turkey For One” (Lavinia S. Goodwin), “What Happened Christmas Eve” (Oliver Herfold), and “A Ragged Christmas Feast.” And most of all, each story shows how the season brings about a coming together with family and friends as well as strangers.

The Night Before Christmas and Other Popular Stories For Children is a cornucopia of stories that are unique and introduces or reminds young and old readers alike of the greater meaning of what the holiday season is significant of. And a great way to share these stories may be in front of the fireplace or simply where everyone is gathered together.
on February 27, 2017
I want to thank you so much for having this book, growing up my father always read this on Christmas Eve right before we went to sleep. This specific version has been there with us for YEARS. I loved it so much I got a copy for myself recently and had my dad write a message in it so when I have my own family I'll have a piece of him with me always (: thank you!
on February 21, 2017
What a wonderful keepsake. My husband and I did several of these for our grandchildren. I think we had as much fun recording this as the grandkids had listening.
I will mention that it must be by a lamp or light source for it to work properly. That wasn't mentioned in the directions for listening to the book.
Although a bit pricey, it's well worth the memory.
on May 26, 2014
I originally wanted to purchase the Heirloom addition of this book. I did so 10 years ago for my Granddaughter when she was born. After looking it up and seeing it must be out of print ... and the price being ask for it now??? No, that was not going to be possible ... at all! As I looked further I ran into this classic addition. The illustrations in it are just wonderful. Some are in a watercolor and some are sketched. All look like the were done in the 1800's. Each page has, in big bold letters, a verse of the poem making the anticipation of turning the page all that much more exciting. I'm sure this book will be cherished and read for many Christmas's to come!

A brief note about the seller (s). Wonderful and more than on time with delivery. Originally ordered from BUSTERSBOOKS and he immediately contacted me to tell me he had some small damage on his book but he had located another one for me. He knew it was a reputable seller ( Little Old Lady Books ) because she was his wife. A beautiful, perfect edition showed up on my doorstep 3 days later. Very grateful as it's to go along with a Christmas throw handed down through the family at a baby shower next weekend.